GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two finance related pieces of info in this article. He was treasurer of the bowls club and was famously tight with money!

Stewart was a keen bowls player and was a treasurer at the Bassingbourn Bowls Club in Royston for a number of years.
Despite his commitment to the club, Stewart was famously tight with his money and once refused to contribute just £10 to help buy a new water tank.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...-web-of-deceit-to-cover-up-his-lovers-murder/

says a lot , to me, about character right there

He was an intelligent, charming, thoughtful individual.

He is able to trick his way into somebody's life at a very early stage of meeting.

He's very persuasive I think with his conversation, with his charm, but I think ultimately you would discover that he is a liar and with what I consider to be overwhelming evidence he is unable to tell the truth, unable to release the Bailey family and his own family from that torment.

– D CI J. Kent

Bishop - have you been advising DCI Kent ^ ?

ETA another bit from CPS:
"This is a man who behind a cloak of normality harbours very sinister designs," prosecutor Charles White said.
"He was playing a long game here. He plotted this and got all the pieces in place before executing his deed.

"That tells you all you need to know - he is a very sinister individual."

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...-web-of-deceit-to-cover-up-his-lovers-murder/

Thank you to everyone who reassured me after my earlier panic (Scandinavian girl, mbmc and neteditor).

I'm having an almond slice for Helen x

d4af1974a66ac600b397896fb5de0fd9.jpg

Sorry, I've just been thinking about why I'm defending this and I think I can't bear to think of one more person profiting or showboating about anything to do with this. I'm really, really trying to believe in the good in people. Because I can't stand to think someone else that Helen trusted and liked is letting her down.

My arguments about your posts aren't directed at you, they're expressions of hope that Helen hasn't been let down again xx

Well bless you for having such a noble and pure heart! Blessed are the peacemakers... :)

It's not easy being a grizzly old cynic. Trust me you're on the right side of the fence.

I'm just gobsmacked at how a friend and/or paid mentor could act in the manner this woman did and continues to do so now as soon as the curtain falls and all the press are sniffing around. Honestly, where's the dignity in that? I'm appalled. She needs a bit of life coaching herself!

So looks like it will be a link to Bedford Prison for the sentencing

Daily List for Thursday 23 February 2017 at BRICKET ROAD ST ALBANS

Court 1 - sitting at 10:00 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE BRIGHT QC

For Mention
U20170065 PRODUCITON ORDER X 3 (SGF)

Link to Ersou South
U20170066 PRODUCTION ORDER (AD)

Committal for Breaches
S20170011 XXXXX

SITTING AT 11:00 am
For Sentence
T20167121 STEWART Ian

41E12190616
PCVL HMP Bedford

NOT BEFORE 11:30 am
For Trial
T20160253 XXXXXX
41A13007816
Digital Case

Published: 22 February 2017 at 16:21

– D CI J. Kent

Bishop - have you been advising DCI Kent ^ ?

ETA another bit from Kent:

Lol... No, but when you deal with these types routinely you can "smell" them a mile off. I'm sure DCI Kent recognized the feculent stench just as easily! ;)

How on earth can Channel 5 have a documentary ready to show tonight? I suspect this will be at the expense of accuracy and quality.

Lol... No, but when you deal with these types routinely you can "smell" them a mile off. I'm sure DCI Kent recognized the feculent stench just as easily! ;)

I was going to say some old-fashioned cologne would do it but as you and IB are into your botanicals, rub it all over!

How on earth can Channel 5 have a documentary ready to show tonight? I suspect this will be at the expense of accuracy and quality.

Not untypical of their output, to be fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought it was tomorrow? Most of it will have already been done.

It's been a long week, but it's only Wednesday today :)

It's still a short turnaround, but it's on tomorrow x

Didnt want to put this up before the verdict.

Here's a link re Boris - still makes me very angry just to read it.
Boris has had a big upheavel in his life.

His lady owner is becoming increasingly stressed with the situation – which he will be picking up on. Poor little dog.

One big problem is that guests, especially with a bit of social alcohol in them, ignore instructions! They will wind up the dog – maybe unintentionally – doing the very opposite of what they have been asked.

http://www.dogidog.co.uk/little-dog-cant-cope-with-too-many-noisy-humans/

Wow - Alyce, thank you for sharing this. No wonder it makes you angry.
Poor Boris and Helen trying to cope with a whole new way of living beyond their more gentle home in Highgate. And where was the wretched Patriarch in his support of Helen and 'love of dogs'.
This is heartbreaking to know what they were both going through - even before we know the rest.

Ahh I was in meetings all day and couldn't check the news! Jury was much quicker than I thought they'd be. My elation was short lived however as I soon started thinking about Helen's mum and brother and how they must feel. And the sons, having your mum die and father locked up for murder, not to mention the fact that Diane's death will be opened up again. I'm full of sorrow and yet feel satisfied with today's verdict. My emotions are a little all over the place. Rest in peace Helen and Boris *advertiser censored*

I'm scared of the C5 documentary. The title doesn't sound anything like Helen, I so hope it's not a tacky, salacious affair.

Jeremy Vine (@theJeremyVine) tweeted at 7:04 PM on Wed, Feb 22, 2017:
This line about the past of Ian Stewart, who murdered author Helen Bailey, now starts to look extremely suspicious https://t.co/SEwJMggqrS

Ah I see. So presumably, on that basis, he can also refuse to turn up tomorrow

Loving Judge Bright! He can just send him a video link to tell him what he thinks of him. No need for anyone to see the shameful one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma