GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always the possibility tyhat he won't be granted parole at ninety. One never knows how they will calculate the risks 34 years from now.

:thinking:

The deciding factor would be whether he is still danger to women in a relationship I suppose... he's going to struggle to chase women with his zimmer frame and persuade them to get into a relationship at 90. He'll be dead long before then though so no need to worry the point.

I'm sure I remember it being said that the dog didn't alert over the cesspit because the contents would have overwhelmed any other scent.

Sorry, I meant check visually - I remember that the scent would have been overwhelmed. I know there was a piece of painted wood or something over the cesspit hatch but just think that if it had been seen then some further look might have been taken sooner and the cesspit cover discovered.

Anyone else listening to Jeremy Vine and getting annoyed with that crime writer who 'suspected IS all along' and thinks IS initially charmed the police - did he not watch any of the videos?!

The deciding factor would be whether he is still danger to women in a relationship I suppose... he's going to struggle to chase women with his zimmer frame and persuade them to get into a relationship at 90. He'll be dead long before then though so no need to worry the point.
According to that life coach he had a "way with words" (!) so I worry he'll charm some poor woman via letters :(

Hmmm.... I am not so sure. The cruellest of criminals find lady pen palls and those ladies thrive on their letters and their sweet disposition.
IMHO it may take a few years, but possibly IS will find a new love interest through correspondence. After all, he has done so before.

Anyone else listening to Jeremy Vine and getting annoyed with that crime writer who 'suspected IS all along' and thinks IS initially charmed the police - did he not watch any of the videos?!

Slightly, and I think he's being harsh on the Jury - yes we can all say it was obvious, but they had a job to do and it was 6 weeks of evidence to go through.

I know! Geoffrey Wansal, silly old fool - no woman who saw those videos of IS would think he was a bit charming! He is awkward, effeminate in his movements and just plain creepy. GW said something like: "If you got in a lift with him you'd think he was a nice normal chap". Er no - I'd get out and take the freaking stairs!

Hmmm.... I am not so sure. The cruellest of criminals find lady pen palls and those ladies thrive on their letters and their sweet disposition.
IMHO it may take a few years, but possibly IS will find a new love interest through correspondence. After all, he has done so before.

There's always nutters that write to crims, but the point is, he can't get out to kill them!

He is at least a convicted murderer serving a life sentence though. That's a pretty clear red flag and women will at least know what he is capable of. He won't be committing any more murders, that's for sure.

He is at least a convicted murderer serving a life sentence though. That's a pretty clear red flag and women will at least know what he is capable of. He won't be committing any more murders, that's for sure.
But he could write to Nick and Joe...!

Unfortunately all defendants are entitled to a good and proper representation and SRF had to do his job. There were certainly moments where his true feelings leaked out (he groaned when IS got his Monday morning nap time wrong for example). We must never forget a QC is at the height of the advocacy profession. He's not going to put a foot wrong in representing his client no matter what his own feelings are. We shouldn't think badly of him for doing his job. If IS never actually told him he was guilty, he's obliged to defend on the evidence his client gives him to defend on.

While I accept all this in general and don't want to say anything against a QC specifically - who after all is a far more accomplished lawyer than I could ever have dreamed of being, one aspect did annoy me and that was the accidental death suggestion.

I supposed technically he had the right to make that submission but I feel it really pushes the boundaries

I really feel the judge should have at least chimed in from the bench with some specific questions about that.

Thinking about it, I guess I am more annoyed with the judge than counsel

YES! I was about to say the same.

Thank you Sheila, I was going to say the same, balloon releases and those awful lit lanterns cause massive damage to the environment and to wild animals and sea creatures. I'm totally against them. I like the idea someone suggested of planting snowdrops. They last forever and I may do exactly that later in the year when the time is right.

Helen loved Lily of the valley which you can plant now x

Also, just before I have to run into a meeting, THANK YOU to Alyce for your updates throughout. I did it for one day and was drained. It's hard work processing the information and also presenting it for others and trying not to fall behind.

You're a wonder and hopefully you know by now that I'm a big fan! :loveyou:

There are others to thank and more to be said, but that will come later. See you all in a bit. Try not to give me 100 new pages to catch up on please!! xx

Many thanks Loz :blushing:

and a huge thanks to everyone who contributed to this case - Tortoise and Cotton Weaver who also did plenty of those updates and everyone else who provided updates and tweets and added their expertise in various areas to enhance our knowledge and understanding of this case.
And everyone who contributed their thoughts, comments and support.
Websleuths threads are always a team effort and every person plays their part - small or large.

No doubt this thread will carry on for a while yet, with the inevitable stories that will now come out in the Press and TV..and possibly also further updates re Diane Stewart - so I think we will all be here for a few more days or weeks.

After that, some people will depart and some of us will still be around, following yet another case ( even though, like me, you may have said no more for a while ! ).

Whether we meet on another thread or whether we never meet again, thank you to every one of you for walking this road together.

Although we will consign IS to the rubbish tip of life, where he belongs, we will never forget the people who matter
Helen and Boris.

To requote something I wrote on an earlier thread - from one of Helen's favourite songs

If I Leave Here Tomorrow
Would You Still Remember Me

Yes Helen, there are many of us here, who will always remember you and Boris xx

I'm sure I remember it being said that the dog didn't alert over the cesspit because the contents would have overwhelmed any other scent.

Yeah - I guess its also possible that no detectable Cadaver odour would be drifting up from a submerged body.

The crust is kind of like an airtight seal.

Helen wrote a lovely piece about how she really wished she could talk over JS' death with him after it happened and get his take on events. I obviously didn't know Helen, but I'm feeling that way now. I'd love to know what she would make of what's gone on, particularly now we can forget the aspects of the trial that would have been mortifying for her. Much as I can't stand Ms Lifecoach she was spot on when she said Helen didn't suffer fools, I can only begin to imagine what her thoughts on IS would be now!

I know! Geoffrey Wansal, silly old fool - no woman who saw those videos of IS would think he was a bit charming! He is awkward, effeminate in his movements and just plain creepy. GW said something like: "If you got in a lift with him you'd think he was a nice normal chap". Er no - I'd get out and take the freaking stairs!

LOL Dolly, you and me both, even if it was 14 flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member