GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said here before I don't bear IS' sons any ill-will, I feel sorry for them as their father's evil deeds will affect them in myriad different ways for many years to come. I admire Helen's brother John hugely for the compassion he has shown them in court, and in his statement after the verdict. However I feel it would be quite wrong in principle if Jamie and Oliver Stewart were to benefit financial in any way (sorry, couldn't resist), from the fact that their father murdered Helen Bailey.

Surely the monies he has left after receiving back his stake in the family home will be a sufficient nest egg for them anyway? Plus they will presumably be beneficiaries of their grandparents' estates in the not too distant future. Compared to many young people, Jamie and Oliver are coming in for some decent chunks of cash, I don't see why anyone should be overly concerned about their financial position.

I agree to me the point is they are grown ups and maybe I would have felt different if they have lived with Helen since they were small children.

Regarding Judge Bright - I was so pleased he referred to Boris by name several times in his speech. I definitely think he suspected IS of being involved inDiane's death. And could there be more women out there that just had a lucky escape. I don't even want ton tink about anything worse.

I have had good information, I can't say too much about from whom because I'm sworn to secrecy. (It's not OBF!).

The main points are he was under suspicion from the very start, mainly from the way he behaved while alone with family liaison officers and his anxiety whenever the garden was searched. Also his own lawyers absolutely loathed him.

Thanks for this tasty bit of goss Neteditor (I'm just catching up on the thread). This reassures me, as having now seen the footage of IS' police video interviews, everything about him - his strange body language, the way he is slumped right down in his seat, head in hand, snippy responses etc - screams guilty to me! Yes I know I have the benefit of hindsight but even so, he was never able to successfully mimic the natural responses and behaviours of a loving, concerned fiance. As Ben Ando said - he's not as clever as he thinks he is. THANK GOD!

Sorry for the break in messages - typing this on an iPad which is constantly losing anything I write. I read today that IS didn't want to show Diane's mum the death certificate stating it was unexplained. He was the only person when she passed and a side effect of Zopiclone is epilepsy fits. I wonder as stated in an earlier post if she definitely had epilepsy.

Regarding IS's sons. I am very ambivalent about them receiving money. I think John Bailey an d Eileen Bailey and her husband have shown astounding courage, grace and dignity. I wouldn't have been able to in similar circumstances. They will obviously play a big role in what happens.

Thanks for this tasty bit of goss Neteditor (I'm just catching up on the thread). This reassures me, as having now seen the footage of IS' police video interviews, everything about him - his strange body language, the way he is slumped right down in his seat, head in hand, snippy responses etc - screams guilty to me! Yes I know I have the benefit of hindsight but even so, he was never able to successfully mimic the natural responses and behaviours of a loving, concerned fiance. As Ben Ando said - he's not as clever as he thinks he is. THANK GOD!

I can also confirm the police suspected him from the very early days

Regarding remembering Helen. I am going to buy a new Breton top and read all her books. The plant idea sounded fab. She is unforgettable. X

Afternoon! How are we feeling post-sentencing? The thought that IS will die in prison brightens me a little today, go Judge Bright! :cheer:
I read the line on Helen's father screaming when he sees a photo of her. That hurts my heart so much, I can't comprehend how much the family must feel betrayed and destroyed. I have so much respect for Helen's brother in particular, he's clearly a good soul and I admire his quiet strength and dignity throughout all of this. I hope Helen's family at least feel a little bit of closure from today.

Has there been any news on opening the case of Diane's death or is it too soon to know anything?

Regarding Judge Bright - I was so pleased he referred to Boris by name several times in his speech. I definitely think he suspected IS of being involved inDiane's death. And could there be more women out there that just had a lucky escape. I don't even want ton tink about anything worse.

BBM This chills me to the core. I bet the lady who went on a date with him is feeling a little fragile at the news of his true character and the thought of her lucky escape.

The jury had the benefit of seeing all those videos, didn't they. I bet they watched them all again to see him squirming
I think they timed it just right. A decent interval so nobody can say they didn't do their job properly.

:tyou:
I would like to thank those who attended court (Michelle and LitUp) for their on the scene updates and Alyce and others who provided reporter and Twitter updates. I very much appreciate your efforts. I would also like to thank all the other posters for their valuable opinions, information and all the fur baby pictures. It's obvious that Boris has brought us all together - but I must admit to being a cat person.

Helen had a knack being a social lubricant and bringing people together as evident in her Planet Grief blog. So powerful were her skills she could still do it after her death. I am glad her family finally found her and got to see IS brought to justice, Diane's family may never get that comfort. I read a comment in the Daily Mail today that said that now we can describe IS as Helen's murderer and not her fiancé.

I hope the money she was killed for goes to charity to remember her and Boris. I have in mind something like the Little Boris Kennel for Neglected Dogs! And I'm also aware that nothing would piss off IS more would be to see that money go to such a cause!

I am sure if I was one of IS's sons, I would not want to touch that money that their father killed for. It blood money. The last mugshot of IS certainly shows he is suffering now but as the years go on he will recover and probably enjoy trying to manipulate other prisoners and the staff. IS is a psychopath and is therefore is a prisoner of his own mind. Imagine living life without half your emotions. I am sure he never loved another human being or understood what it meant to be loved. He collected all this money but had no idea how to enjoy it. It was just a number to him. I personally do not care what happens to him in prison - he is forever no longer walking amongst us or part of our society, he does not exist.

But to end on a happy note. I hope Helen and Boris can continue to unite people in positive ways and that her family can facility this by setting up legacies to honour their memories.

As I've said here before I don't bear IS' sons any ill-will, I feel sorry for them as their father's evil deeds will affect them in myriad different ways for many years to come. I admire Helen's brother John hugely for the compassion he has shown them in court, and in his statement after the verdict. However I feel it would be quite wrong in principle if Jamie and Oliver Stewart were to benefit financial in any way (sorry, couldn't resist), from the fact that their father murdered Helen Bailey.

Surely the monies he has left after receiving back his stake in the family home will be a sufficient nest egg for them anyway? Plus they will presumably be beneficiaries of their grandparents' estates in the not too distant future. Compared to many young people, Jamie and Oliver are coming in for some decent chunks of cash, I don't see why anyone should be overly concerned about their financial position.

I very much doubt there will be anything at all left after his legal costs. Even if granted, Legal Aid would be clawed back. So Zilch left IMO.

:tyou:
I would like to thank those who attended court (Michelle and LitUp) for their on the scene updates and Alyce and others who provided reporter and Twitter updates. I very much appreciate your efforts. I would also like to thank all the other posters for their valuable opinions, information and all the fur baby pictures. It's obvious that Boris has brought us all together - but I must admit to being a cat person.

Helen had a knack being a social lubricant and bringing people together as evident in her Planet Grief blog. So powerful were her skills she could still do it after her death. I am glad her family finally found her and got to see IS brought to justice, Diane's family may never get that comfort. I read a comment in the Daily Mail today that said that now we can describe IS as Helen's murderer and not her fiancé.

I hope the money she was killed for goes to charity to remember her and Boris. I have in mind something like the Little Boris Kennel for Neglected Dogs! And I'm also aware that nothing would piss off IS more would be to see that money go to such a cause!

I am sure if I was one of IS's sons, I would not want to touch that money that their father killed for. It blood money. The last mugshot of IS certainly shows he is suffering now but as the years go on he will recover and probably enjoy trying to manipulate other prisoners and the staff. IS is a psychopath and is therefore is a prisoner of his own mind. Imagine living life without half your emotions. I am sure he never loved another human being or understood what it meant to be loved. He collected all this money but had no idea how to enjoy it. It was just a number to him. I personally do not care what happens to him in prison - he is forever no longer walking amongst us or part of our society, he does not exist.

But to end on a happy note. I hope Helen and Boris can continue to unite people in positive ways and that her family can facility this by setting up legacies to honour their memories.

This is a lovely and eloquent post Annad. Nothing IS has done, or can do, will stop Helen's light from shining through. I do get quite annoyed when Helen is reported as being his fiancee though, she never really was, and I'm so full of sorrow when I think her excitedly planning their wedding.

I haven't been able to follow this trial closely but thanks to everyone who provided updates. I'm pleased this horrible individual has been given an appropriate punishment.

Not to worry. I have copied my post to save you searching for it. If and when your housemate has time it would be good to have an opinion.

"LaDoz

If you sign in today I have a question for your housemate please.

If found guilty, will IS get his share of the property back PLUS a proportionate increase in the resale value of the Royston House or will this fall under the Forfeiture Law? His contribution was £470,000 on an original price of £1.2 million. The property we believe may now be worth £2.5 million. Pro rata for his investment he would expect his share to have risen to (very roughly) £800,000. Will the amount over and above his original investment be unavailable to him due to the Forfeiture Law?

If this money is not available to him will his dependants (ie his sons) be in line to receive it?

TIA"

Ok IB, I have an answer which is probably a bit of bad news. But here goes:

My text:

Now he's been found guilty, will Ian get his share of the property back PLUS a proportionate increase in the resale value of the Royston House or will this fall under the Forfeiture Law?

His contribution was £470,000 on an original price of £1.2 million. The property we believe may now be worth £2.5 million. Pro rata for his investment he would expect his share to have risen to (very roughly) £800,000.

Will the amount over and above his original investment be unavailable to him due to the Forfeiture Law?

Her response:

I don't think so because it's growth on his capital. He just won't get a share of hers. It would be inequitable if her estate was to profit from his capital investment, even if morally appropriate. I'll have a look at the law books but if he loses out on the capital growth, I don't think it would be under forfeiture law.

I just watched his arrest video and I feel quite sick. And oh, the little picture of a Dachshund hanging on the wall in the entryway. There was so much love between Helen and her little dog. I'm so sorry Helen and Boris :(

Oh yes, they might visit .

Well if Nick and Joe visit he can always give them the blue badge he suspiciously managed to hang on to as he has certainly has no further use for it.

Whoops!! I forgot they can’t visit…..they are already with him in his obnoxious imagination

Ok IB, I have an answer which is probably a bit of bad news. But here goes:

My text:

Now he's been found guilty, will Ian get his share of the property back PLUS a proportionate increase in the resale value of the Royston House or will this fall under the Forfeiture Law?

His contribution was £470,000 on an original price of £1.2 million. The property we believe may now be worth £2.5 million. Pro rata for his investment he would expect his share to have risen to (very roughly) £800,000.

Will the amount over and above his original investment be unavailable to him due to the Forfeiture Law?

Her response:

I don't think so because it's growth on his capital. He just won't get a share of hers. It would be inequitable if her estate was to profit from his capital investment, even if morally appropriate. I'll have a look at the law books but if he loses out on the capital growth, I don't think it would be under forfeiture law.

Please thank your housemate for me and many thanks to you for dealing with the question.

So he could be worth £800,000 if the house sells for the guesstimated value of £2.5 million + his estimated £160,000 savings. Almost a millionaire due to his lying, murderous disposition. :gaah: However a lot of it will go on legal fees.

Hmmm.... I am not so sure. The cruellest of criminals find lady pen palls and those ladies thrive on their letters and their sweet disposition.
IMHO it may take a few years, but possibly IS will find a new love interest through correspondence. After all, he has done so before.

Hasn't Charles Bronson married recently in prison? I seem to remember it being in the news recently. Some people are beyond comprehension.

Well if Nick and Joe visit he can always give them the blue badge he suspiciously managed to hang on to as he has certainly has no further use for it.

Whoops!! I forgot they can’t visit…..they are already with him in his obnoxious imagination

His imaginary friends - the only kind of friend he has left now...... I'm playing the worlds smallest violin her for him :boohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214