GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sorry. Just a snap judgment by me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't possibly know more than anybody else, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, especially as they must be going through a very difficult time. If John Bailey is prepared to extend them support and kindness, I'm happy to follow that lead.

I wonder how many women will be writing to him in jail - and there will be some; always are - telling him they believe he is innocent. Ugh.

I'd still be wary. Maybe John is what they call 'too nice' like his lovely sister. It should be praiseworthy and I used to be like that but no more.

I'd still be wary. Maybe John is what they call 'too nice' like his lovely sister. It should be praiseworthy and I used to be like that but no more.

Away from the malign influence of IS, and with the friendship of wise and kind older adults, they have a much better chance of developing into the men their mother hoped to raise. I do hope so, they've been through such a lot.

Yes we know he has his £2k a month and

from the forensic auditor at trial:

Then there's the £43K of Diane's estate which he hadn't yet touched.

I'm not sure what the L& G Policy is Miss Twiddles.
From the cop's evidence , the 43k has to be his, ie. not in trust for sons, or she would have said so in evidence surely and either Def or Pros would have scored a point with that, either way.

The legal and general could be another life insurance ?

I think I just saw a pattern with insurance policies emerge.

First - He has one - successfully paid out (His almost £2,000 a month)
Then - Diane has her work one (compulsory) plus 1 or 2 others that pay out when she dies
Then - Helen had the one to compensate for tax? When she dies

I'm a regular person, I just find the amount of policies taken out to be odd but then again if they all pay out it's like free money for the greedy...

Sweet Cinnamon definitely doesn't want to end up stored in a double garage and who can blame her.

( I'm an ex-catholic SCinnamon so most of my family opt for burials even though it's prob not the green choice anymore. )

RBBM. Humble apologies for repeating myself but considering that certain toxicology tests can be carried out on cremains (how detailed and for how long after cremation I don't know) his dilatory approach to Diane's ashes makes me hope the police have paid a further visit to the garage.

RBBM. Humble apologies for repeating myself but considering that certain toxicology tests can be carried out on cremains (how detailed and for how long after cremation I don't know) his dilatory approach to Diane's ashes, makes me hope the police have paid a further visit to the garage.

I've no idea how advanced that technology is, and whether the results are reliable enough for evidential purposes, but you might be right!

Then - Diane has her work one (compulsory) plus 1 or 2 others that pay out when she dies

I'm a regular person, I just find the amount of policies taken out to be odd but then again if they all pay out it's like free money for the greedy...

They might have had an endowment mortgage, which were very popular in the 1980s. You paid interest only on the mortgage, and took out an insurance policy which was calculated to pay off the outstanding loan at the end of the term, with a bonus. It would also pay off the mortgage if you died.

I was thinking about Helen's friends and why didn't anyone say anything to her if they thought IS was dodgy. If I think about a friend who seemed happy and loved up I think it would be unlikely I'd say anything to them about suspicions I had because it could just come over that you were being negative and snide, unless they were obvious comments, e.g. The guy was a known womaniser etc. I find people mostly hold opinions of friends other halves to themselves to avoid upsetting their friends. Although it seems as though no one really had any alarm bells about IS so I suppose it's irrelevant really.... at best people might have told her to take it slow because of her grief but it sounds as though helen was all steam ahead with IS, I doubt she'd have listened.... he really must have been distracting her from her grief and she'll have been in a vice grip with him. Such a shame he turned out THIS bad. It's hard to imagine anyone turning out like that monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM. Humble apologies for repeating myself but considering that certain toxicology tests can be carried out on cremains (how detailed and for how long after cremation I don't know) his dilatory approach to Diane's ashes, makes me hope the police have paid a further visit to the garage.

I just don't know anything about it - would have said exactly as BatFace has just posted.
I am sure they will have the ashes but IDK what they will yield, it's not something I've ever looked into but would be very interested to hear.

I wonder how many women will be writing to him in jail - and there will be some; always are - telling him they believe he is innocent. Ugh.

I've no doubt he'll get letters of abuse as well. The widow community will be onto him I reckon

The technique of such a monster is to isolate the victim from her friends and family. He suggested the move to Royston, she mentions in her book how she was effectively uprooted from everything she knew.

Put the way you have, it's very intriguing!
yes he loves his policies doesn't he. ( never had one and IDK anyone that has life ins. )

Inspired by the compo win in his teens? This was probably before no win/no fee too so quite an undertaking for a young student to do that too?

ETA Cherwell's pointed out that one could simply be an endowment. True.

I've no doubt he'll get letters of abuse as well. The widow community will be onto him I reckon

we could do a mass N& Joe mail shot, postcards to HMP - on Helen's birthday? ;)

Thank you for all the updates today, he's the gift that keeps on giving isn't he!

I'm so very pleased that he got his 30 years plus some, I like to think of those extra 4 as being the years he stole from Boris. xx

I'm flabbergasted that he didn't attend court today for the sentencing, i'm not surprised because his behaviour is that of a like a petulant child but I am annoyed that the 'system' allowed this to be possible. He should have been made to face that judge today.

I can't get the image of Helen's father screaming out of my head, the pain that *there are no words strong enough* has caused is so heartbreaking.

As many others have said and I concur, I will never forget Helen, I will never get over what he's done and whilst it's almost over for me and I can return to my life I feel I will always have a thought in my mind for those that cannot.

BIB - I agree. I also don't understand the logic or the rules on this.

When Mr Farmer - he of the missing spectacles and the it could have been May, or April or March - did not turn up on his appointed day to give evidence, Judge Bright was very clear in his instruction to Counsel and told them to ensure Mr Farmer turned up the following day , otherwise he, JB, had the power to make him turn up.

So when does this power end ? Why was Judge Bright not able to ensure IS turned up for sentencing - if not at court, then at least to be made to appear via video link ?

I found it insulting to Helen's family and friends, who all made their way to Court today, to sit and listen to a Judge pass sentence to an invisible defendant.

I don't think it's possible to write to a prisoner without their prison number and the address of the prison, wing etc that they're on. In fact I know it's not. To 'protect ' a prisoner from abuse from the public. So he'll never get any letters from anyone unless...

It's rather harsh to condemn someone for looking for the good things in others. You can't spend your life expecting everyone you meet to be a potential psychopath. IS must have been extremely adept at fabricating a convincing amiable personality while being so cold on the inside. It wasn't just Helen who was taken in by him, probably JSP would have been too if she'd had him on Loose Women to interview prior to these events.

I don't think Helen should have been expecting every new person in her life to be a murderous psychopath, but when people muttered that it was "a bit soon" for her to be seeing someone else, they were right. She was vulnerable and her judgement was clouded... She had so much going on in her life, with her blog and her book and everything, and I wish she had just focused on herself and her own life rather than feeling she could not bear to be without a man even for a few months. I wish she had had the insight to see that it was far too soon, and that IS should have been a brief fling if anything, not the love of her life or her "happy ending".

Plus there's a big difference between dating and jumping in with both feet - leaving London to be with him, buying a house together, inviting his sons to live with them, planning a wedding... And changing her will so soon to benefit IS. He would have been fine if she had died before him and left him with nothing. He wouldn't have ended up starving on the streets, he would have just had to sell their house and move into something smaller. Why did she feel that she had to make a millionaire of him if she died? If he really loved her he wouldn't care about that anyway.

BIB - I agree. I also don't understand the logic or the rules on this.

When Mr Farmer - he of the missing spectacles and the it could have been May, or April or March - did not turn up on his appointed day to give evidence, Judge Bright was very clear in his instruction to Counsel and told them to ensure Mr Farmer turned up the following day , otherwise he, JB, had the power to make him turn up.

So when does this power end ? Why was Judge Bright not able to ensure IS turned up for sentencing - if not at court, then at least to be made to appear via video link ?

I found it insulting to Helen's family and friends, who all made their way to Court today, to sit and listen to a Judge pass sentence to an invisible defendant.

Yes, if it's "optional", why would any of them bother to turn up? I do wonder if there's something else behind it.

I don't think it's possible to write to a prisoner without their prison number and the address of the prison, wing etc that they're on. In fact I know it's not. To 'protect ' a prisoner from abuse from the public. So he'll never get any letters from anyone unless...

yes I'd never send anything abusive as it wouldn't get through. I was thinking more a wind- up/ read between the lines type postcard.

Probably have some members planning to go to Palma this year. "Wish you were here.... N& J?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member