GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if it's "optional", why would any of them bother to turn up? I do wonder if there's something else behind it.

yes that's very logical. I thought video link would be mandatory at the very least.
BIB What u thinking Cherwell ?

I just don't know anything about it - would have said exactly as BatFace has just posted.
I am sure they will have the ashes but IDK what they will yield, it's not something I've ever looked into but would be very interested to hear.

Me neither. It just seems an avenue to pursue. Better by far would be hair brush, locket or, distasteful as it may sound, a belated inspection of the bath drain at their former home or anywhere where a hair might survive. I trust any of Diane's family reading these threads will see that we are trying to be respectful while thinking aloud.

Link for that C5 programme at 10 pm. In case anyone doesn't have TV like me.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/tv-stream/?ch=channel+5

@raymonde - I'd like to think that we wouldn't have here anyone who would let a new bloke witness a will within 12 months of meeting them. That has to be a huge no no.

Thanks for the link.

As for witnessing a will, it's no big deal. All the witness has to see is you signing it, there is no need for them to see any other part of the document at all.

yes I'd never send anything abusive as it wouldn't get through. I was thinking more a wind- up/ read between the lines type postcard.

Probably have some members planning to go to Palma this year. "Wish you were here.... N& J?"

Haha! If only... I was browsing that Inside something site last night (after it was mentioned as a useful guide to prison life on here), and I'm pretty sure that it's compulsory to provide your own name and address on any prisoner correspondence- and I'm not prepared for him to set Nasty Nick on me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found it insulting to Helen's family and friends, who all made their way to Court today, to sit and listen to a Judge pass sentence to an invisible defendant.

Exactly. It's at best rude!

Even in the olden days of the stock and the rotten tomato throwing it was customary for the guilty to publicly face up to what they've done, not so much for them but for the people they have offended. It's good grace to face up to what he's done, it's respectful to acknowledge the hurt and upset he's caused and moreover it's completely disrespectful and utterly selfish to be putting his own feelings first when he's committed such an abysmal act.

He's not even sorry now is he?

Finally caught up!

Can I just add my thanks to everyone for their comments, knowledge, input, information etc throughout the lead up and trial. I understand that some will now move on and it's understandable but you will be missed so thank you again.

on IS and his net worth. When people who have worked hard all their life and built up a nest egg for their families have to get care in their later years, they have to at least part fund that care from their savings. I've always felt convicted murderers should have to do the same for their prison costs.

Lastly, here there is a maybe slightly childish and crude insult said to people you feel aggrieved with.... 'I hope your next *****s a hedgehog' Given ISs propensity to piles it seems kinda appropriate and I hope they all are!

Exactly. It's at best rude!

Even in the olden days of the stock and the rotten tomato throwing it was customary for the guilty to publicly face up to what they've done, not so much for them but for the people they have offended. It's good grace to face up to what he's done, it's respectful to acknowledge the hurt and upset he's caused and moreover it's completely disrespectful and utterly selfish to be putting his own feelings first when he's committed such an abysmal act.

He's not even sorry now is he?

No, I don't believe he is sorry. On what basis Russell-Flint reported that he was, I have no idea. But he doesn't appear to have any trouble inventing things for his own purposes either.

I've been out this evening but just wanted to say that the statement from the sons is in the context of an article about Diane and tbh if someone was asking me about whether my dad murdered my mum (which he hasn't, unless he did so after I spoke to her at 5pm today...) then I think I'd make a similar statement. What else can they say?!

I've been out this evening but just wanted to say that the statement from the sons is in the context of an article about Diane and tbh if someone was asking me about whether my dad murdered my mum (which he hasn't, unless he did so after I spoke to her at 5pm today...) then I think I'd make a similar statement. What else can they say?!

I would imagine they will also have guidance about what they should and shouldn't say from advisors. It may be that they have been advised to steer clear of mentioning Helen except in passing because that honour belongs to her family. Difficult to know but I guess what they said today was that ever since Helen went missing it became apparent that investigations were being made into the death of their Mum. That must be awful, their whole lives spent with a man who was capable of this without their knowledge and who looks like he could also have murdered their Mum.

They do have Diane's family although they might not be very close at the moment...either because their Dad kept a distance or because they are young and have their own lives. I am sure though that Diane's family will be supporting them.

On a separate note I think Diane looks such a lovely person from her photos. I so hope she was the real influence in their formative years rather than him.

It's playing that awful call from IS. I'd forgotten that he said Helen might take a taxi ("She does do that sort of thing")...that's the tight arse in him leaking out.

Nbour mavis drake comments

has she been abducted
wtte I would never have put them together ( IS & HB) ........no displays of outward affection

Nbour sylvia jordan comments
wtte pointless police searching Heath as it's so well used by all of us

Broadstairs shots
lots of rehash – 101 call.

Body language & conversation analyst. Over polite and too many sorrys = deception

Sorry ZZara

If they say anything new, we will post it on here.

Never mind, this happens often.
For a few seconds you hope that this time will be different and ... not.

I hope someone posts it on YouTube (that is where the rest of the world and myself used to watch The Great British Sewing Bee). Will be interesting to hear what the friends of HB and those of IS have to say.

Nbour mavis drake comments
full of praise – classy, intelligent HB made us all feel special.

psychologist on bonding between widows – can feel no-one else u'stands their bereavement and thus this can create a stronger bond.

Nbour M. Holson comments
HB mentioned she had never had neighbours like this but it was she who actually brought all the neighbours together. eg at Xmas.

Nbour mavis drake comments- more time went on , more we worried sthng serious had happened to her as we had all been searching for her.

ad break

Not a lot in this prog!

All these zoom shots of IS make me feel quite ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members