GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"We understand a significant investigation has been carried out since Helen went missing," the sons said in a short statement.
"Understandably this is an extremely difficult time for us and we have no further comment to make other than for the media to respect our privacy."

Wow, that's a bit terse. Nothing to say about Helen at all.

I agree. I think the son's statement says very little - but a great deal.

Lots of dramatic music interspersed with narration of what happened alongside the clips we've already seen. If you've not followed the case, it's probably more interesting! ;)

It's about their mother's death though, Dolly. They couldn't say much else, could they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they zoom in on his teeth one more time.

:puke:

Watching C5 doco. Fascinating stuff, but disappointed to see self-styled forensics expert Laura Richards. Widely discredited and a leading player in the recent, seriously libelous CBS documentary about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Bad booking Channel 5!

Nbour M. Holson comments – reading thru her texts to HB. MH. Crying.

Ex murder dtective colin sutton- yes if ur her partner u will be under suspicion. Wtte – this is standard.

Laura Richards – yes police would have been susp early on but they have to tread carefully re protocols & steps. She talks thru his actions – bowls, chinese etc and zero mention of Helen,
He follows the police on searches – he is inserting himself into the investigation.

Cliff Lansley. Canalyst: He weaves truth into lies. Embedding and using truth as a screen.

Palma trip - psych says its so unusual esp if its a hol you arranged with the missing partner. Extraordinary decision to go on holiday.

STOP WITH THE TEETH ZOOM.

I can't cope.

The reference to the Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower seems intentionally ironic voiced over that shot, doesn't it?

It's about their mother's death though, Dolly. They couldn't say much else, could they?

I agree, the sons are in a situation I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. But I do think some small tribute to Helen would have been appropriate in their statement, before they requested privacy for themselves. They shared a home with her, after all. Plus her brother John Bailey has been so remarkably gracious and generous to them. They are not children but young men and I personally feel this was a serious omission.

yes a very flimsy programme
Laura Richards – turning up announced in london, pushing boundaries by doing that. Can be seen as romantic but is it testing boundaries? Becomes a whirlwind reln with catastrophic consequences. On the will he would have been playing on his neediness and their concerns re early deaths as widows so he subtly influences her into making that new will.

Nbour mavis drake comments- I signed as a witness to will. I had no idea she was wealthy as she never flaunted it.

Ex murder detective colin sutton- Police have to be careful – they can't alienate all family and friends through overt suspicion.

I agree, the sons are in a situation I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. But I do think some small tribute to Helen would have been appropriate in their statement, before they requested privacy for themselves. They shared a home with her, after all. Plus her brother John Bailey has been so remarkably gracious and generous to them. They are not children but young men and I personally feel this was a serious omission.

As somebody sensibly posted earlier though, they must have advisors, and may well have been told it was a breach of etiquette to do that, as that privilege should be left to Helen's own family in their grief.

OMG his actual words after arrest were:

"Is that why the garage door's open?"

He thought they'd just found her body!

Watching C5 doco. Fascinating stuff, but disappointed to see self-styled forensics expert Laura Richards. Widely discredited and a leading player in the recent, seriously libelous CBS documentary about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Bad booking Channel 5!

Ah that's worth knowing Dolly. I had no idea she was widely discredited. I know the JonBenet Ramsey documentary has been panned though.

As somebody sensibly posted earlier though, they must have advisors, and may well have been told it was a breach of etiquette to do that, as that privilege should be left to Helen's own family in their grief.

Yes, I guess so. I'm just shocked that there was no mention of Helen at all. It felt insensitive to me, as if they were only thinking of their own situation. I think in their shoes I'd want to mention Helen, not only to be respectful to her and her family but also to disassociate myself from that awful father! But yes, perhaps their hands were tied in some way. Ooh I am loving Mavis the neighbour, she had the measure of that toe rag from day one!

Is this friend on the TV doc right now, Pip, from here?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I feel like I'm getting the best of the best of this programme!
Great reporting, all of you, this teamwork beats Tara and I greatly appreciate the multidimensionality if that is a word. if not, it comes nearest to what I appreciate mostest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member