GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does make you wonder - had to be a purpose to it - money would not be spent without good cause in IS world.

Think it more relates to what Helen has already spent on the planter before her death. They are so expensive. Maybe he tried to return it but she had already paid out.

It's not like he was going to mount it over the cess pit cover within the garage and lose a car space. ( Even though yes, it was the right size to cover the hatch)

It's an easy , cheap job to mount it yourself though - three men in that household and a couple of bags of ready-mix - he has rather set himself up as Mr DIY since his Bassingbourn no-work days.

I'll find the photo of it - noticed it at the outset and thought that's way too expensive for his tastes.

Zopiclone tablets can result in death by epilepsy? Maybe he didn't want Diane's mom to question how her daughter could have died from epilepsy not previously suffering from it? That worked well so he gave it another shot with Helen who did not succumb. When she became cognizant of something off/feeling drugged he gave up on her developing epilepsy and smothered her. Imho. Modest theory on my part, I'm normally wrong.

But it was stated Diane HAD suffered from epilepsy as a teen, and during pregnancy.

it's not the original photo that I saw with the Haddenstone wrapping but it'll do for now.

bottom left
was there all through the police searches

Ian-Stewart-and-Helen-Bailey-garage-body-803944.jpg

I wonder if any of Diane's family were present at the inquest.

Is it some sort of fountain?

It's this type of thing - their range is huge and prices differ.

http://www.haddonstone.com/en-gb/prod/large-gothic-jardiniere. Comes in sections, needs to be mounted on a solid surface due to it's weight.

It's not something you'd want mounted in your garage.

Hers looks like it could be in this cast stone range - a big waste of cash in his mind if he can't send it back. ( Yes you could de-commission your septic system and install it on a slab over the other overflow cover, the one in the lawn but then we're back into going-onto-the-mains -sewage .........thread 3 stuff, concreting in the redundant"vessels" etc. )

As you can see the linked one is £2.7k and naturally I can't say that this is exact model as per photo. Very difficult to get a good re-sale value on this kind of thing if you cannot return it.

I think he was going to try to move them. He was not comfortable with his hiding place and knew police were ruling out that she had gone to Broadstairs.

I don't see that this would be possible - the opening was not much more than a foot across, then they would have fallen several feet through the crust and into a pit that's 14ft deep. I also don't think he'd be able to face up to the reality of a pair of three-month decomposed bodies. His method of murder suggests to me that he was probably pretty squeamish about the whole thing, it's such a cowardly, minimum effort way of killing someone. I wouldn't be surprised if he has convinced himself that it was practically natural causes.

@ Alyce - I know you can't quote twitter here but did you get any indication from TWttr conservatory man as to when that conservatory re-design was scheduled? Or when he last met up with Helen to discuss the job?

I don't see that this would be possible - the opening was not much more than a foot across, then they would have fallen several feet through the crust and into a pit that's 14ft deep. I also don't think he'd be able to face up to the reality of a pair of three-month decomposed bodies. His method of murder suggests to me that he was probably pretty squeamish about the whole thing, it's such a cowardly, minimum effort way of killing someone. I wouldn't be surprised if he has convinced himself that it was practically natural causes.
No I don't think it would be possible, but whether he was going to try or not who knows. We know he was uncomfortable with his plan as soon as he'd done it and that's why he invented the note next day.

I'm not sure what evidence there is for him deluding himself about cause of death.

There's no evidence, he just strikes me as generally deluded. I'm sure he doesn't really believe in Joe and Nick but I'm not so sure he believes that he's really responsible.

There's no evidence, he just strikes me as generally deluded. I'm sure he doesn't really believe in Joe and Nick but I'm not so sure he believes that he's really responsible.
Desperate Dan maybe.

Journos and their inflated stories - sigh ...

I see throwing stones at the dogs has now become bricks - and there seem to be numerous neighbours and associates who knew all about nasty, violent, IS but never said a word to police when Helen went * missing*..

To be fair, they may have done. The police would not disclose that.

Equally, it may have initially lent weight to the idea that she had left him. If I'd seen his nasty violent temper I'd probably have thought she'd had enough of him.

There seems to be a bit of a theme with IS and gardens.

Diane died in the garden.
IS was upset about hedges.
He wanted to install a giant concrete slab, at expense to him, when he could have sold the planter.

Probably nothing but who knows.

I wonder if there is a way of finding out if his garden in Bassingbourn was overlooked by neighbouring properties.

Ah, google maps is probably my friend. Need to see if I can find the address again.

Yes, same sneer with his top lip. Also his right eye often has that lowered eyelid ( not his fault of course ) which reminds me of Sarah Williams ( Sadie Hartley murderer )

Is it a trick of the light or does he have manboobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member