GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why all the testing? And the 'my handsome man is building this' stuff? Wordpress is already set up as a blog...........

Wordpress can be the backend, but you can still code it from scratch. For example, there are template Joomla sites, but we have a coded-from-scratch website that uses Joomla framework.

Yoast is just an SEO plugin - you can have that on any site that isn't Wordpress.

Re Wordpress

I reviewed the source code of the page

This is a Wordpress site running a free theme.

The plugin running is the yoast SEO plugin for wordpress

You can see its a WP site from the URL formats

'http://sykic.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/css/styles.css

WP-content is a standard Wordpress directory

ditto WP-includes

I have detailed knowledge of WP

This is definitely a wordpress core running a free theme.

"@katebradbrook: #helenbailey case yet to resume. Technical problems with video link are being blamed @BBCLookEast"

Ah, so it is Eileen Bailey first then, am pleased about that.

Helen will have known from professional experience and from SM browsing, that his attempt was pants

If she is like other people her age, she might not have realised he could build this without any tech knowledge

I don't think he's stupid at all - evil, yes... but not stupid. As people keep saying, if it weren't for the discovery of the tank 3 MONTHS later, he probably would have gotten away with it. He left just enough doubt to get away with it. He's made stupid mistakes, but I don't think he's inherently stupid. I think he's clever enough to get a witty, intelligent, wealthy lady to adore him, whilst he plotted her demise to the incredulousness of all those who knew him. That's not stupid. It's evil.

Had to cut this quote from LozDa because I think that's hit the nail on the head right there. Very well put too. Yes he is a clever man. Thankfully as this trial is showing he isn't quite AS clever as he thought he was.
Hats off to our police and legal system for getting him into the dock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

from last year's police comments re. Helen's reln with her Mum Elaine.

"Over the weekend, however, police officers spoke to her brother and her mother, so the case was raised to high risk.*

“It’s unusual for her not to call her mum,” says Wheatley. Her mother spoke to her daughter every two to three days, even when she was caught up with writing her books"

Re Wordpress

I reviewed the source code of the page

This is a Wordpress site running a free theme.

The plugin running is the yoast SEO plugin for wordpress

You can see its WP from the URL formats

'http://sykic.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/css/styles.css

WP-content is a standard Wordpress directory

ditto WP-includes

I have detailed knowledge of WP

This is definitely a wordpress core running a free theme.

Yes, I just looked at the source code and saw that. It's interesting to me because I hadn't delved into it at first, just took it on face value. Looked like a poorly coded from scratch, using copied code. Now I'm wondering why all the test comments and borked code.

I'm wondering if he's just used a WordPress, messed around with the template, added the test comments and presented it to Helen as a completely built from scratch site... To garner favour.

I don't know. It seems so odd to me that you'd use templates and then alter them without enough knowledge to make it better, rather than make it look more amateur.

Interesting.

I find it interesting that IS told the police she hadn't taken a car but she might have got a train or taxi (not the whole way we presume!!) because "she does that". In court her brother said that it was not unusual that she might want to go to Kent but that making the journey alone would be totally out of character (which reflects what Helen herself says about her general anxiety and with driving in particular).

Had to cut this quote from LozDa because I think that's hit the nail on the head right there. Very well put too. Yes he is a clever man. Thankfully as this trial is showing he isn't quite AS clever as he thought he was.
Hats off to our police and legal system for getting him into the dock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have (unfortunately) a lot of experience dealing with a mild sociopath

The person displays high levels of emotional intelligence and is extremely devious.

However when it comes to logic and practical matters they are actually very stupid and hardly able to make sensible decisions about anything.

The fact that IS has no career to speak of leads me to a similar conclusion.

I think he is an evil, manipulating little toad - but far from clever in any traditional sense.

Yes, I just looked at the source code and saw that. It's interesting to me because I hadn't delved into it at first, just took it on face value. Looked like a poorly coded from scratch, using copied code. Now I'm wondering why all the test comments and borked code.

I'm wondering if he's just used a WordPress, messed around with the template, added the test comments and presented it to Helen as a completely built from scratch site... To garner favour.

I don't know. It seems so odd to me that you'd use templates and then alter them without enough knowledge to make it better, rather than make it look more amateur.

Interesting.

That's my guess.

She will have thought he coded all this, but really its amateur.

I can go with cunning rather than clever. I don't think he realised Helen's disappearance would be investigated nor that a lot of time would need to elapse before any of her legal death/incapacity provisions would come into force.

I have (unfortunately) a lot of experience dealing with a mild sociopath

The person displays high levels of emotional intelligence and is extremely devious.

However when it comes to logic and practical matters they are actually very stupid and hardly able to make sensible decisions about anything.

The fact that IS has no career to speak of leads me to a similar conclusion.

I think he is an evil, manipulating little toad - but far from clever in any traditional sense.

Don't you think that to be an evil, manipulating toad, it requires a certain amount of intelligence? Especially if the person you're manipulating is intelligent?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the man is Einstein. But I don't think he's stupid, either.

I can go with cunning rather than clever. I don't think he realised Helen's disappearance would be investigated nor that a lot of time would need to elapse before any of her legal death/incapacity provisions would come into force.

This was exactly my personal experience.

For example my sociopath came up with an extremely cunning and manipulative scheme to get what they want.

But then I said well fine but our lawyers will need to draw up a contract about this because what you propose is illegal and we'll get fines from the state.

They had never even considered that stuff. They just assumed the illegality was no big deal.

Sociopaths are well known for having highly unrealistic beliefs.

Video link - It's fixed, apparently!

ETA seems like they have only had a visual. Poor mum. No other tweets yet.

11:06
And we're off...

The case is finally starting this morning after a delay due to technical issues.

The first witness to give evidence this morning is Eileen Bailey, the mother of Royston author Helen Bailey.

She is giving evidence via video link.

[video=twitter;823486536255766528]https://twitter.com/katebradbrook/status/823486536255766528[/video]

Don't you think that to be an evil, manipulating toad, it requires a certain amount of intelligence? Especially if the person you're manipulating is intelligent?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the man is Einstein. But I don't think he's stupid, either.

Yes definitely.

As I said, this is my own personal experience for dealing with a sociopath

On the one hand they were evil, manipulating, devious and scheming. Very high levels of emotional intelligence.

On the other hand they were often completely stupid - for example suffering financial loss for no reason, being ignorant about basic things, or having entirely unrealistic plans.

The thing I can believe about IS is that he is delusional and lives in a fantasy world.

The stupidity/ignorance in relation to the likely investigation is precisely what you might expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper