GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of that profit will be wasted on solicitors fees for the trial all the appeals that will follow. Also someone mentioned that J and O might inherit IS portion. But that will not occur until IS is dead himself.

I wonder on what basis he will appeal - I am not doubting what you are saying, I could see him wanting to appeal, I am just wondering what reason he will find.

New here and been following the case on Cambridge news.

For a long time I thought guilty but starting to some doubts. For me:

The cesspit lid possibly too much for him to lift on his own being injured.

The bank account accessed while he was not at home. I know there are ways but why go to that length unless to cause suspicions to somebody else.

HB's mother said Helen was tired even while IS was in hospital. I was on Zopiclone myself 15 years ago and after 8 hours it's out of your system, so if she was drugged how does that happen when he wasn't there to administer it?

Not sure what to think but those have been bugging me.

Welcome Evendor!

From my point of view he is a master manipulator. Said it before and I'll say it forever. It should be his middle name. Ian Manipulator Stewart.

He planned this to look like Helen left and was alive. Hence the remote bank transfer, and the need for him to go to watch Jamie's game of bowls.

But she wouldn't have got her password wrong.

The cesspit lid didn't weigh more than a year old baby. He could even have wedged it up beforehand with bits of wood, so that it would be easy to tool it open. Or used a Jeep with a rope attached to it. He may even have swapped over the manhole lids (was the one on the grass more portable?) before his operation, knowing he would be doing this after his op.

He seems to have an intimate knowledge of Helen's herbal remedy/vitamin habits. Which means it's possible he switched her remedies with the drug so she would self-administer while he was in hospital, again planning.

The pharmacist said that she did not stock Zopiclone in her pharmacy in January 2016. So we haven't been told what substitute he was given or what it looked like. Most substitutes I've looked at on google are small round or oval and white.

I noticed a report of tears for his wife's ashes. I heard no report of tears for Helen and Boris throughout the trial to date. It's manipulation of the jury. And self-pity. Just like he reported himself to mental health services to get in a report that he was suicidal. Typical sociopath behaviour. Manipulate, manipulate, manipulate...:)

New here and been following the case on Cambridge news.

For a long time I thought guilty but starting to some doubts. For me:

The cesspit lid possibly too much for him to lift on his own being injured.

The bank account accessed while he was not at home. I know there are ways but why go to that length unless to cause suspicions to somebody else.

HB's mother said Helen was tired even while IS was in hospital. I was on Zopiclone myself 15 years ago and after 8 hours it's out of your system, so if she was drugged how does that happen when he wasn't there to administer it?

Not sure what to think but those have been bugging me.

Hi Evendor and :welcome:

re opening the manhole cover. He only had to use the handy tool ** see Legally Bland's earlier post on here, with typical lever tool ** to lever it up and then he could just push it over, he didnt have to actually lift it up off the floor.

Over the past few evenings I've typed up IS' call to 101 on 15th April 2016.

But when you say, because I’m gonna be, because our [gardener’s away?] and her 2 friends, when you say shortly what we talking about, a day, 2 days?

It’s all dependent, I couldn’t say, it depends if we know where Helen is, if we have any further leads etc. It just all depends on whatever information we have.

Ok.

Alright. And what’s your best contact number?

Did I give you my mobile number?

Um I don’t believe you have, I’ve got Helen’s.

No, as I say my mobile is the best contact number. (bleeps while number is read out)

Again, we’ll be in contact as soon as we can be, alright?

So I’ve just, it’s just a question of waiting, there’s nothing, nothing else you do at…this..stage? (hesitation over last 2 words)

As I say, we’ll just do our initial enquiries and yeah it’s just a case of waiting unfortunately.

Ok. Ok, just because I, I’ve gotta talk to her brother and her 2, her friends. So yeah.

…..

RSBM

I think the gardener's away bit is "her brother's worried" (took a few listens!). I also thought the operator asked if the house was on the market (rather than near Margate) and referred to Boris as being a Datsun.

(Hope this is helpful, not meaning to pick at all your hard work - I'm genuinely impressed by the time and effort you must have put in!)

Another point about the cesspit lid that we learned today is that the operator (Mr Beavis?) who gave evidence lifted it using a special tool, which would be easily obtainable.

I think the gardener's away bit is "her brother's worried" (took a few listens!). I also thought the operator asked if the house was on the market (rather than near Margate) and referred to Boris as being a Datsun.

Both Stewart and the operator have appalling diction, and I struggled to understand both of them most of the time.
So well done, Tortoise!

RSBM

(Hope this is helpful, not meaning to pick at all your hard work - I'm genuinely impressed by the time and effort you must have put in!)

That's great, Thank you. I was hoping someone could fill in the 2 blanks. I'll have another listen. Did you manage to hear what he said after wanting her to go the doctors?

I don't think she asked if the house was on the market though. I think she heard Markyate.

Datsun :D (that is a type of car isn't it?)

Markyate is a place near St Albans, so it's an understandable assumption.
Any normal person would have said "Broadstairs is in Kent".

I've listened again, and yes, it is Markyate, that was my ears. And I think she records Boris as a "daksun" so closer to the real thing but not actually understanding what he's saying. I think I just wanted her to say Datsun (I have fond memories of my mum's old Datsun!). I will see if I can get anything about the doctor part.

I wonder on what basis he will appeal - I am not doubting what you are saying, I could see him wanting to appeal, I am just wondering what reason he will find.

There are similarities to the murder of Alison Baden-Clay by her husband. Gerald Baden-Clay professed his innocence but was convicted of murder on a strong circumstantial case. He appealed by saying the judge did not direct the jury to consider the possibility that it was manslaughter rather than murder. Surprisingly he won. :gaah:

However the State of Queensland appealed to the High Court of Australia and the murder conviction was reinstalled because the manslaughter story was not brought up in the original trial by the defence. This was to everyone's relief! Can you imagine every convicted murder using that as an appeal.

I can't work out what he says after because when he's talking about the doctor.

It's a horrible call, the way he flips around from calm, to agitated, to snappy, to pally. When he talks about Boris having his phone number on "its" collar, ugh ugh ugh.

Original asking price was £625k BTW - from what I've Googled. Bit of a drop if he then sold for around £500k. IMHO, as it seems the 'aggression police are on the prowl right now. Shame as I thought this was a very balanced forum, not a swipe at others opportunity. I do hope that DollyDiamond will keep posting here!

I can't work out what he says after because when he's talking about the doctor.

It's a horrible call, the way he flips around from calm, to agitated, to snappy, to pally. When he talks about Boris having his phone number on "its" collar, ugh ugh ugh.

Ah yes, that part isn't in my transcript but I had heard it when I first listened to the recording. The one I transcribed from was in the DailyFail and they appear to have taken that bit out.

A new thread is about ready for you. I will have the link in a few minutes and then this thread will close shortly after. If composing a lenghty post make sure you save a copy prior to hitting submit so it doesn't get lost in the move.

Here is a link to Thread #3

Please begin moving over. This one will close in 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member