GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably they have looked into his financial transactions. Even if he wiped history on computer, anything he purchased online ie drugs would show up on bank record.

Indeed. And that was the other example I couldn't bring to mind earlier. A sausage dog is a pretty identifiable thing and really narrows down lots if options in that he'd need food and exercise and toileting, wherever she was (except for, of course, where she actually was).

ETA: what I meant to say earlier was that he didn't make it clear to the call taker that Boris was a sausage dog - she might not have known the term Dachshund - just like he didn't explain that Broadstairs was on the Kent coast.

I have a lot of hatred for that man today, this case has really got to me.

I agree. It didn't sound to me like the operator had any idea what type of dog a dachshund was.

Plus his description of where Broadstairs was !

I think he killed her that day because the longer he left it the more money she would spend and the less would be left for him to live off. Helen was wealthy but a lot was tied up in properties that he might not be able to sell for quite a few years, until she could be registered as presumed dead. He would also presumably want to continue living in the house, so that isn't cash he could spend. He therefore had an eye on the liquid assets. Helen had just bought herself a Jeep, how much do they cost, in the region of 30K I would think. Then she was planning their wedding. Would that be another chunk of say 20K disappearing? What if she'd booked Brocket Hall, the caterers, booked a honeymoon, bought their attire, and then disappeared. I doubt he'd get much of a refund.

But Helen did have a regular income in the form of royalties from her books, and this would presumably have continued to flow in to her bank account despite her being "missing". I don't know how much it was, but if she could afford to be paying him £600 a month, it can't have been negligible.

Yes, maiden name Lem.

On how they met, this blog entry covers a lot of it.

http://planetgrief.com/2012/05/17/painful-pleasure/

I'm a bit startled, looking back, that because of a "genuine misunderstanding" they first met when she wasn't expecting him to come round and was still in her dressing gown. With what we know now, I'd say genuine misunderstand my ar*e.

Read her comments on that link.

IAN

Reply May 18, 2012
Reading about ones self is strange !! Helen you put it into words what we have been through, going through so beautifully.

The GGHW should just be GHW, trades description act.

Just want to say OLLIing with you is fantastic.
You are a special lady ( in so many ways ) and you are my special lady.

You are not only making my life complete again but my sons are so much happier with you around (and Boris of course).

There is a place in my heart and mind for the past
and there is a space (a big space) in my heart and mind for the future.

The journeys end is unknown but we are going to have fun getting there.

Love you
xxxxx

But Helen did have a regular income in the form of royalties from her books, and this would presumably have continued to flow in to her bank account despite her being "missing". I don't know how much it was, but if she could afford to be paying him £600 a month, it can't have been negligible.

A wedding would deplete her savings considerably.

IAN

Reply May 18, 2012
Reading about ones self is strange !! Helen you put it into words what we have been through, going through so beautifully.

The GGHW should just be GHW, trades description act.

Just want to say OLLIing with you is fantastic.
You are a special lady ( in so many ways ) and you are my special lady.

You are not only making my life complete again but my sons are so much happier with you around (and Boris of course).

There is a place in my heart and mind for the past
and there is a space (a big space) in my heart and mind for the future.

The journeys end is unknown but we are going to have fun getting there.

Love you
xxxxx

Sickening isn't it given what has happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if already posted but came across this linked from Helen's twitter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/helen-bailey/making-modern-love_b_9124746.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&

"When months later Ian and I eventually met, instead of a white horse, he turned up in a battered red Ford Mondeo estate with a Micky Mouse car aerial topper. He wasn’t my type and completely different from my husband, but even so, I gave him a speech about how I didn’t want a relationship ever again. He gave a speech telling me he didn’t either. To make sure that we both knew where we stood, after he left, I emailed him a synopsis of our discussion"

Yes, maiden name Lem.

On how they met, this blog entry covers a lot of it.

http://planetgrief.com/2012/05/17/painful-pleasure/

I'm a bit startled, looking back, that because of a "genuine misunderstanding" they first met when she wasn't expecting him to come round and was still in her dressing gown. With what we know now, I'd say genuine misunderstand my ar*e.

It's nice to know she had happy times with IS, I hope those continued and that she didn't live her last days knowing what he was really like.

Anyone know what this refers to on Helens blog(the legal situation)? And the warning at the end.. had she given money to somebody she met online or was that unconnected?

PLANET GRIEF

Reply May 24, 2012Sue: I wish I could say that the reason I hadn't posted recently was because of being totally loved up with the GGHW, but it has been more to do with an energy-sapping anxiety-producing bill-inducing legal situation which (with a heavy heart) I'm about to walk away from.
I am not sure that I would ever have dipped so much as the tip of a (pedicured) toenail in the online dating world for no other reason than I am a firm believer in fate (which isn't always a good thing), and also because I am not sure I would have the confidence to know that there might be men out there slagging me off in the way me and my friends do when we peruse these cattle-market profiles for a laugh. For those that do, like you I say, Good on you, but just don't give out any money! xx

http://planetgrief.com/2012/05/17/painful-pleasure/#comments

Passport or driving license would be my guess, or with Helen being famous.. maybe wikipedia?

The police noted he seeemd shocked when they found Helen's passport and asked where they'd found it. Making it sound like either he'd been looking for it and hadn't found it or he'd hidden it and been surprised they'd found it.

Thanks, yea, after I'd posted this I then thought driving licence. I keep mine in my purse, which is in my handbag. My husbands is kept in his wallet. Maybe helen kept hers in her purse or at least in her handbag, which surely when she 'left' she took her purse and handbag with her. I know he scrambles over the question of a handbag being missing, she has several and he wouldn't know which was missing. I'm not sure it ever came out if they found her purse etc.

Apologies as you posted this response hours ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because innocent family members are featured on the Flickr account lets not link to that one. There are plenty of pics of the accused and Helen available via the MSM.

:tyou:

http://planetgrief.com/2015/12/08/gayle-gover/

Sorry I arrived to this forum late and maybe have missed things, but am I reading this correctly that Helen's step sons have lost their Mother, followed by their father, followed by their step mother? So, so tragic. Hope I have misread something.

- Sorry just realised this was a readers story I think.

Sorry I arrived to this forum late and maybe have missed things, but am I reading this correctly that Helen's step sons have lost their Mother, followed by their father, followed by their step mother? So, so tragic. Hope I have misread something.

Kay was her late husband's first wife, but not the mother of his children, that was his second wife I believe (who he was with when he met Helen).

There is a bit in her book about money and I know she had a lot of financial stress and worry after her husband died, but none of it is very specific (understandably). She does write rather a harsh bit too about how his divorce settlement and child maintenance destroyed his finances.

Helen's husband had a son and a daughter, and I think he had been married twice before marrying Helen.
One of his previous wives committed suicide, I think (though IMBW) that he was divorced from the other.
I am not sure if both his children had the same mother, or if either was the child of the wife who died.
But if so, then yes, they would now have lost both parents and a stepmother - all by unnatural deaths.

Aha, I see Squamous has more info than I do. I did not know that he was married when they met.

Sorry if already posted but came across this linked from Helen's twitter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/helen-bailey/making-modern-love_b_9124746.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&

"When months later Ian and I eventually met, instead of a white horse, he turned up in a battered red Ford Mondeo estate with a Micky Mouse car aerial topper. He wasn’t my type and completely different from my husband, but even so, I gave him a speech about how I didn’t want a relationship ever again. He gave a speech telling me he didn’t either. To make sure that we both knew where we stood, after he left, I emailed him a synopsis of our discussion"

Ah yes. I have read that before but it's only now, reading it again that something jumps out at me....
We know that IS bought his MG two months after his wife died in 2010....

I wonder at what point did he exchange the battered old Mondeo for the shiny BMW...

Helen's two stepchildren are from JSs second marriage. They lost their father from the tragic drowning and now Helen, their stepmother.

Their mother is still alive, far as we know.

A wedding would deplete her savings considerably.

I don`t think he actually planned to go through with the marriage. He had already got her to put him in her Will and granted POA. They told virtually no-one about the wedding - not the parents, not the sons, not Helen`s brother! Wouldn`t you want to ensure that they "keep the date". I wondered if, having chosen the date and deciding on a venue - * he * could have phoned up under a false name to book that same date at the venues Helen wanted.
I also wonder if the actions that day were linked to the flat sale...Helen is ill...I have POA...money put into their Joint A/C?

Just adding, for anyone who doesn't know

OLLI ing

This was apparently, ISs mantra

One Life Live It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics