GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - sorry - in relation to the above post, I mean to say most important of all, I feel that he couldn`t get married as another unexplained death, as mentioned before, would have invited heavy scrutiny.

But Helen did have a regular income in the form of royalties from her books, and this would presumably have continued to flow in to her bank account despite her being "missing". I don't know how much it was, but if she could afford to be paying him £600 a month, it can't have been negligible.

I think £5000 a month Royalties has been mentioned somewhere along the line.

Another thing.
I'm sure I read somewhere (probably in her blog) an account of Helen undergoing a medical for the purposes of getting life insurance.

Another thing. I'm sure I read somewhere (probably in her blog) an account of Helen undergoing a medical for the purposes of getting life insurance.

Ahh! Yes of course. Life insurance! Well all will be revealed when they come to the financial part. Certainly can`t be denied that there was a motive!

Helen wrote in her book that JS never considered his own mortality so left her with loads of decisions to make, no pension payout or insurance to claim so I imagine she was super-keen not to leave any future partner in the same situation, hence the early POA agreement etc. So sad that this might have ultimately been her downfall.

I think her brother did mention in court that he'd been asked about keeping free some possible September wedding dates.

All this is so clouded by poor Helen apparently spending her last months thinking she was losing her faculties :(

Seeing those linked to photographs of happy family life just brings me back to the whole "how could he have done it"?

He quite obviously did with the evidence building up against him but has he always been this man or did the death of his first wife (assuming she died not at his hand) cause a massive personality change? Or is that just wishful thinking? Not that there is anything "wishful" about what happened.

No wonder his late wife's family are shocked by his arrest and the trial. If he was always this man then it's like he was just hiding in plain sight all the time....and fooled everyone.

Then again that is what sociopaths do it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The crown didn't reference anything about his computer in their opening statement. All they recovered from Helen's laptop was the searches she made on google about falling asleep. When police looked at her laptop on 15th her email account was open on the screen and the browsing history was empty.
I lost manuscripts needed for a Degree - and a local Computer shop retrieved it ..I was amazed.

ISs first contribution to the Planet Grief blog

Ian
August 31, 2011

I have read a couple of Helens books 'for teenage girls' shhhh.
Enjoyed them and made me laugh and remember my teenage years.

I agree Helen should try writing for adults her writing is so good. Bound to be a success. Although I am still a teenager in my mind (not body) and just love Helens sense of juvenile humour and fun. So would not want her to lose that in an adult book!!

That she still manages to produce that humour on this blog and elsewhere whilst at her lowest is an inspiration.

Thanks again for this blog.

OLLI one and all

Ouch..........already a put down this early on

Ian
August 31, 2011

Running in heels is one that i have read give it go.

Easy to find in charity shops ( just joking )

Helen wrote in her book that JS never considered his own mortality so left her with loads of decisions to make, no pension payout or insurance to claim so I imagine she was super-keen not to leave any future partner in the same situation, hence the early POA agreement etc. So sad that this might have ultimately been her downfall.

I think her brother did mention in court that he'd been asked about keeping free some possible September wedding dates.

All this is so clouded by poor Helen apparently spending her last months thinking she was losing her faculties :(

Thanks - so she really did look out for IS and want the best for him!
And yes - I vaguely remember the brother saying something re the wedding but more in terms of not wanting to teoo the parents yet.

Ouch..........already a put down this early on

Ian
August 31, 2011

Running in heels is one that i have read give it go.

Easy to find in charity shops ( just joking )

We don't know when they first met via forums do we?

JS died in Feb 2011 and IS late wife died in June 2010. We know that Helen met IS less than a year after her husband died. I wonder if it was after his posts on her blog or before.

Maybe he had zeroed in on her already.

Hi, I'm new here and wide-eyed with joy that there are other people like me who love picking over every tiny detail in these kinds of cases. I've just binge read the whole thread, I'm going to regret this late night in the morning.

I totally agree on the shock of IS' voice. In fact, my heart totally sank when I heard it, I had been trying to hope that maybe HB hadn't been betrayed in such an awful way, but as soon as he started talking I was somehow left in no doubt. It's so horrendously sad :(

Anyway, I hope you'll be ok with me hanging round here and contributing my twopenneth. My husband is going to be thrilled that I have a more interested outlet for my detective style rambling!

Squamous, I understand you being interested in this case as I too needed to hear that other people have an opinion on this awful heartbreaking matter but can I just suggest you don't choose a word like 'joy' when describing how you felt when you discovered this site as it doesn't belong in such a sad situation.

Read her comments on that link.

Helen was already texting with IS .. e.g. she wrote must go to have lunch, bacon sandwich. He said, Red or Brown Sauce? Helen said, Mustard. So he already knew some of her daily plans when he turned up uninvited to their first meeting.

Squamous, I understand you being interested in this case as I too needed to hear that other people have an opinion on this awful heartbreaking matter but can I just suggest you don't choose a word like 'joy' when describing how you felt when you discovered this site as it doesn't belong in such a sad situation.

I respectfully disagree. Helen herself well understand about the complexity of feelings people have in difficult situations. I maintain that I can feel joy at discovering that there are people like me, whilst also feeling horror and deep sadness at the death of Helen and Boris.

S.

A few snippets from the blog, that I am re reading. These are all Helen's comments.

I never wanted to get married (but did, sometimes you have to put the feelings of others before your own), never used the title Mrs, kept my own name, bank account and so on. But it worked for me and for us and it worked in spades.

Going back to my earlier comments about not wanting to get married, I never ever wanted the big white dress, the whole romantic thing etc. Such things I found claustrophobic and had me running a mile.

I was chatting to a neighbour recently. She told me that she has a friend who was married to a very intellectual academic man, but a while after she was widowed she had a lovely uncomplicated fling with a stunt man!

I won't put up the next comment as it is not posted by Helen, but, paraphrasing, the person says

- quite often the next person we end up with will be very much the opposite of the previous one.
She goes on to say that eventually we stop going from one extreme to the other and find a person who has most of the qualities and values that we like and agree with. And then we marry that person

If only Helen had looked upon IS as her * rebound* relationship and moved on...

JS died in Feb 2011 and IS late wife died in June 2010. We know that Helen met IS less than a year after her husband died. I wonder if it was after his posts on her blog or before.

Yes, I remember reading in her Huffington Post article about moving on how she mentions how unexpected it was to meet someone else within a year of JS' death.

I don't think there was any connection before they met in the bereavement group.

In her book, Helen says it was 5 months after JSs death that she met IS. I dont know if she means met via the forum, or met in person. But either way, she was chatting to him by July that year.
Then suddenly, he took himself off facebook ( either July or August ).
Possibly a ploy to get Helen chasing him ?
When that didnt happen, he got back in touch in August 2011, to ask her if she was ok ( the riots in London triggered his concern for her, apparently )

all moo obviously

?

I was over the moon finding this site. It's a meeting of like-minded people; that's a joy.

The subject of the site isn't joyful, but finding other people who are interested in and who are similar to you in some way can be a joy. They're separate subjects.

Sadly I'm going to have to give myself a ban from the site this week, to catch up on work. I will have to try to catch up with posts in the evenings. :cry:

Sadly I'm going to have to give myself a ban from the site this week, to catch up on work. I will have to try to catch up with posts in the evenings. :cry:

You will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member