GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along those lines too. No need to take the diary to him. Just find it, read it and report back and presumably eventually hand it over as evidence.

Crumbs, a possible! Which presumably introduces an accessory (after the fact?) of some sort into the situation? Perverting the course of justice - albeit not involved in the killing and disposal of Helen and little Boris.

I'll bet he was scared stiff being in Spain, knowing he couldn't be guarding the cesspit. I hope he had not a minute's relaxation. No, make that a second.

I wonder if he shed tears today when he saw Helen's elbow stuck in the crust of sewage. And when he heard about the care taken and dignity afforded her by strangers. About how they handled the body of Boris. No, I bet he wouldn't look at his own handiwork. Even knowing the facts a year ago, it's really very moving, sad and enraging, to hear of the discovery and recovery operation.

My thoughts too Alyce. I wonder if the handwriting's been checked out? Surely it would have been?

remember this? Oliver testified:

A note at the house said ‘Gone to Broadstairs. Ring me. Love you xx’ I thought that was Helen’s scrawling writing, it turns out this was a note Dad had written in case Helen came back while he was in Broadstairs.”

OS mistakes IS's natural writing style for Helen's.
Could be a coincidence and IS scrawls just like Helen but personally think it's odd that you can't recognise your parent's handwriting.
Could be part of IS's practice attempts?

Oliver's account of Nick & Joe also at the link
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-week-12452783

You know I wondered if the duvet/cover he threw away wasn't so much soiled but that he worried that cadaver dogs would react to it if it was in contact with a deceased Helen. Then I thought no, only websleuthers and the like would know that it would retain the odour.

Ha ha, yes, he isn't up to our standards, by a long way.

Or perhaps it was just that the duvet had tear ( ripped ) marks or grass stains on it, from using it to drag Helen to the garage ( sorry ) and he thought others might remark on this, if they found it in the upstairs room.

Those cadaver dogs are AMAZING.

I love them so much. Indicating in the corner of the floor above, 3 months after the fact. Just wow.

Hope not, because if he did that, then he has lied in court.

This is why I don't want to "go there" in my first comment earlier and just wrote "Unless....." hint :worms:

I appreciate these sons are in a very difficult position.

Anyway back to IS - Tortoise, I hope he didn't get a moments peace of mind in Spain too.
Sadly monsters like this probably was able to put it all out of his head during parts of that holiday.

This is why I don't want to "go there" in my first comment earlier and just wrote "Unless....." hint :worms:

I appreciate these sons are in a very difficult position.

Anyway back to IS - Tortoise, I hope he didn't get a moments peace of mind in Spain too.
Sadly monsters like this probably was able to put it all out of his head during parts of that holiday.

Indeed CW, totally agree. I sincerely hope IS did not put either of them in a compromising situation. Bad enough already for them, dealing with what their father has done.

I'll bet he was scared stiff being in Spain, knowing he couldn't be guarding the cesspit. I hope he had not a minute's relaxation. No, make that a second.

I wonder if he shed tears today when he saw Helen's elbow stuck in the crust of sewage. And when he heard about the care taken and dignity afforded her by strangers. About how they handled the body of Boris. No, I bet he wouldn't look at his own handiwork. Even knowing the facts a year ago, it's really very moving, sad and enraging, to hear of the discovery and recovery operation.

Yes...his * this wasn't such a good idea* comment to JNL ( Jay, the witness today ) was probably meant to convey that he was having a dreadful time, without Helen.

The reality was what you have said.

Apologies if this has been written about or posted on here previously.

Extract from Helen's blog 'Planet Grief' - dated 23rd February 2016:

Things have been difficult here since just after Christmas, and it continues to be an anxious and challenging time. I’m sorry for my vagueness. I’m not keeping anything secret, it’s just that I can’t yet write about what is happening because I don’t know the outcome, and I can’t bring myself to put fingers to keyboard. In my mind, it’s all too frightening at the moment.

This is the link: http://planetgrief.com/2016/02/23/stop-gap/

Helen might well have been referring to IS's illness and her fears over that. I prefer to think that it wasn't that she had any forebodings about his true nature.

On Page 326 of Helen's Book .. she writes 'Early in January, (2013) I fell ill with something more than a cold, but less than full-on flu. I felt wretched, but unfortunately, my very limited local support network was either also ill, on holiday or not close enough to lob a bottle of Night Nurse and box of tissues over the garden wall.

Forty-five miles away,
immune-suppressed GGHW became really quite ill, so ill he needed to be whisked to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance where he spent a few days in the High Dependency unit'.

I wonder if this was an MG illness or the start of his cancer fear ..

I don't suppose anyone has the answers, but I was wondering if there was a way he could have diverted waste to the other septic tank so this one would never have to be emptied in future. I'm still surprised about this hard mud-like crust on the surface of the cesspit, it sounds like it was drying up, and to be more than just a scum that I've seen mention of.

I'm totally surprised they didn't ask the previous owner to explain why there were two systems. It just doesn't make sense to me, if the one in the garden was an overflow, why no one mentions that one being emptied (I mean habitually, not by the police, because I know the police did drain it).

will be very interested to hear Matt & Lit's account of today.

We've only heard of two instances of IS tearing up - once when JS was testifing and the next time when Diane's ashes were mentioned.

Dignity they would never have had, if he had his way - left in a tank of sewage like pieces of trash. My heart breaks for her, he continued to use the houses facilities knowing that she was down there.
(Im assuming the pit was an overflow for the main tank, my parents house has a similar set up, theres an inflow pipe from the main septic tank - it gets emptied every few years and we try not to think about it when having a barbecue or picnic on the lawn!)

I don't suppose anyone has the answers, but I was wondering if there was a way he could have diverted waste to the other septic tank so this one would never have to be emptied in future. I'm still surprised about this hard mud-like crust on the surface of the cesspit, it sounds like it was drying up, and to be more than just a scum that I've seen mention of.

I'm totally surprised they didn't ask the previous owner to explain why there were two systems. It just doesn't make sense to me, if the one in the garden was an overflow, why no one mentions that one being emptied (I mean habitually, not by the police, because I know the police did drain it).

BIB If it's correct that there are 2 systems he could do and leave one as disused.
Zazara plus myself disappointed that the evidence on all this set-up wasn't clear as it tells us so much about long term intent.

If you do divert to a second "vessel" you are meant to decommission the first but not everyone does. There are various methods of filling an old septic and he could then very easily , later on , have fully sealed the opening with a concrete pour and floor repaint.
My personal feeling is that he would have stayed in Royston for quite a long time thereafter, regardless of many holidays/cruises etc , I think his sons were his life.

Dignity they would never have had, if he had his way - left in a tank of sewage like pieces of trash. My heart breaks for her, he continued to use the houses facilities knowing that she was down there.
(Im assuming the pit was an overflow for the main tank, my parents house has a similar set up, theres an inflow pipe from the main septic tank - it gets emptied every few years and we try not to think about it when having a barbecue or picnic on the lawn!)

If it's an overflow for the main tank , does that mean that if the main tank was emptied more regularly than required it would never fill up enough to flow into the overflow tank(meaning the overflow one would never need to be emptied so no need for a professional to ever see that one again?)

Unfortunately not. I was sitting in the front row opposite them IS was to my right sitting behind glass with his Lawyer. Almost every single time that the PC in the video asked stewart a question he would just sit in silence with no reply, members of the Jury would then glance over normally 1 or 2 at a time but its not a quick look.... They would turn and stare right at him for around 5-10 seconds. This would make me look over at IS and then back at the Jury and wonder to myself I wonder what exactly they are thinking right now!? You're going down you evil ****!!!??? I just dont know. But IS would just stare straight ahead either at the Judge or slightly up to the Left where the big screen was showing his Interviews/live witness.

Edited: Sorry typing to fast on my phone.

@Matt

Hope you don't mind questions!

Were family members in attendance today, of either side? Stewart, Bailey, Lem etc? ( Appreciate it's very hard to recognise. )

Does IS look a great deal older than his previous photos? Has he lost weight?

As Loz said, not sure the police would bother...but it will be most interesting to see if the Defence have done anything.
But then again, it is not part of their remit to prove their client didnt do it, so possibly they wont.

The jury can only convict if they are sure beyond a reasonable doubt of guilt.

All the defence has to do is introduce a reasonable doubt. It doesn't have to be something they prove outright it just has to be enough to make the jury unsure.

On Page 326 of Helen's Book .. she writes 'Early in January, (2013) I fell ill with something more than a cold, but less than full-on flu. I felt wretched, but unfortunately, my very limited local support network was either also ill, on holiday or not close enough to lob a bottle of Night Nurse and box of tissues over the garden wall.

Forty-five miles away,
immune-suppressed GGHW became really quite ill, so ill he needed to be whisked to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance where he spent a few days in the High Dependency unit'.

I wonder if this was an MG illness or the start of his cancer fear ..

The "immune supressed" will almost certainly be related to MG but the wording is interesting. It suggests he may also be on prednisolone as well as pyridostigmine (that is quite normal) OR he has been moved to the newer treatments (big guns) such as azothioprine, methotrexate, cyclosporin and cyclophosphamide, all of which have very unpleasant side effects and if his immune system is heavily suppressed he is at risk of any "normal" infection becoming critical.

Just in case anyone is interested the following link briefly explains the difficulties associated with MG, including risk to life.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-be-on-the-horizon-for-Myasthenia-Gravis.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli