GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was exactly the impression I gained of DJ, even though the court reporting was unbiased. Thanks Lit Up.

Yes, such meticulous concern about folding up a duvet which was going to be chucked into a skip at the dump.

Especially, when his defence is that he takes duvets regularly to the skip at the dump.

:puke:

Cheers cotton!

Ah I feel better now.

and here he is in wooing mode 2012

IAN

Reply May 18, 2012
Reading about ones self is strange !! Helen you put it into words what we have been through, going through so beautifully.

The GGHW should just be GHW, trades description act.

Just want to say OLLIing with you is fantastic.
You are a special lady ( in so many ways ) and you are my special lady.

You are not only making my life complete again but my sons are so much happier with you around (and Boris of course).

There is a place in my heart and mind for the past
and there is a space (a big space) in my heart and mind for the future.

The journeys end is unknown but we are going to have fun getting there.

Love you
xxxxx

Telling people what they want to hear - cliches - this is for public consumption - it doesn't feel from the heart IMO

http://planetgrief.com/2012/05/17/painful-pleasure/

It's from the comments under the blog post.

The journey's end is unknown - how true. Poor Helen.

although this is the one I was looking for , from 2012, same link, another comment, this time from HB

Who knows what will happen with GGHW? I know what I feel will happen, but as with any relationship things could collapse faster than a souffle from a hot oven.

GGHW has (jokingly) banned me from Googling relationships after death as I am always coming up with stories where after a couple of years a widow or widower wakes up and out of the blue says: "I can't deal with this any more/can't commit/never dealt with the grief/was kidding myself etc etc."

How much is still grief related and how much is an excuse?
Don't know, but heartbreak after bereavement must be particularly painful.
I have heard others say it felt like another bereavement.

Loving the insights from court. I'm very glad that John Bailey and his partner seem OK.

I'm taken with the idea of the slimy business associate, coming right after the business friend had said neither he nor Helen liked him. I picture him in a leather chair with a white cat. It doesn't sound like he came across as someone likely to employ heavies to kill Helen for no discernible purpose though!

I do think that Helen and IS had somewhat backed themselves into corner relationship-wise (I know lots here will argue that it was IS who did the backing). Reading Helen's writing gives a clear impression of how shattered she was with grief and how fragile. I think the end of the relationship she decided would be her happily ever after would have hit her very, very hard. I obviously don't think drugging her and killing her was a suitable alternative though.

I am probably being naive but I just cannot get my head around someone being inoffensive throughout their life and then cold bloodedly planning and committing this terrible deed. I don't doubt his guilt and I don't think he is a nice person.

I have been a verified member of WS for many years and have read about some dreadful cases, I know that people do things like this. I guess that I will never get used to it.

He is responsible for depriving Helen's loved ones of a beautiful person. Little details like the stripey top and dear little Boris just break my heart

:puke:

Cheers cotton!

Ah I feel better now.

He previously worked for Hallmark cards. ;)

Seriously though, there's all kinds of blokes, romantic, unromantic and those that don't seem so on the surface but are real softies at heart. I'm sure most of us know the range.

I just feel that he's tailoring the style for the audience there, in that blog comment.
Same as in the appeal drivel - these are not sincere words. So, if he can do speak in tongues in 2016, he could probably do it in 2012 also.

we're all familiar with these, but good to have them side by side.
Helen wherever you might be I hope you hear this message and listen carefully, said Mr Stewart in his statement.*
“We miss you and Boris so much. We are shattered in so many ways. You not only mended my heart five years ago but made it bigger, stronger and kinder.
“Together we learnt to live with our grief and move forward with our lives but never forgetting. Now it feels like my heart doesn't even exist. Our plans are nowhere near complete and without you there is no point.
“We promised each other 30 years. Please keep that promise and come home. Whatever has happened, wherever you are I will come and get you and Boris and give you whatever you need.
“Love you more.”"

and another to turn your stomach.
“Days have become weeks and weeks have become months – Helen please don’t let months become years.
“Helen, bring Boris home or ring 116 000. Life without you is just wrong.”

:takeabow:

Lit Up - thank you for that brilliant feedback I just read. Full of detail.

Poor John & Fraser but as you say they both sound like rocks.
It's like the Mum Eileen again - strong characters with real backbone. ( Reminds me of my Grandma at 90 - she would have given evidence come hell or high water if she had to face something like this, despite the absolute despair. )
Runs in the family - assume Helen was also strong despite having her vulnerable spots.

I am unsure why Oliver didn't tell dad to go to the police or why he didn't go himself in order to protect his dad. Maybe he told Oliver not to do anything. I can't wait for IS to take the stand. I just hope he does.

OR - why, as has been discussed before - Helen 'asked them to look in the study' - how J & N knew IS had recently had an op. Most importantly, why IS would NOT wish to go directly to the Police to protect Helen - and then to protect his Sons. An impossible scenario - when you compare it to the earlier days with Helen.

In Money Matters Chapter - she writes lots about this fear of having nothing and trying to cut back on everything within her expenses - including heating - to reduce her bills. She contracted an electrician to fit a new thermostat in the hall. But the bills 'went up '-until a year later 'when the GGHW took a look and discovered that the thermostat had been wired incorrectly; the heating was never automatically switching off'

Night in White Armour can do it when he chooses.
​

I was trying to work out what the toxicologist meant by "axial diffusion" on the hair sample dating Zop evidence as early as December 2015. Anyway, whilst looking I did come across this stat:

One U.K.-based organization specifically established to provide support for victims of this crime has, for example, reported a 256% increase in the number of DFC between 1995 and 2005.
Non-benzodiazepine hypnotics: The Z-class of hypnotics ( such as Zopiclone) have been the most common class of drugs reported in DFC.

DFC Drug facilitated crime.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...ted_Crimes/links/56cb6ff908aee3cee54187be.pdf

OR - why, as has been discussed before - Helen 'asked them to look in the study' - how J & N knew IS had recently had an op. Most importantly, why IS would NOT wish to go directly to the Police to protect Helen - and then to protect his Sons. An impossible scenario - when you compare it to the earlier days with Helen.

In Money Matters Chapter - she writes lots about this fear of having nothing and trying to cut back on everything within her expenses - including heating - to reduce her bills. She contracted an electrician to fit a new thermostat in the hall. But the bills 'went up '-until a year later 'when the GGHW took a look and discovered that the thermostat had been wired incorrectly; the heating was never automatically switching off'

Night in White Armour can do it when he chooses.
​

bold - i think this account is another one for statement analysis for Tortoise!
caveat - it's not a complete transcript , it's just Tara Cox's account that we have at the moment.

interesting insight into Handyman IS, thanks. ( I read elsewhere on the blog that he was putting a lot of time into the Royston House altho tbh I can't see that there would be much to do in such a high quality property. Also appreciate that he does have the long term illness although we still don't know the extent of the debility. )

Another one singing IS's praises. Could everybody really get him that wrong. He must be an incredible actor. Not a single dissenter IIRC.

I believe they were 'happy together' - certainly Helen was a most loyal defender of a man who had less than she had financially, willing to share everything with him, looking after him in 'sickness and health' and still planning her marriage with him ...hour (s) before her death. Something went so wrong - but it was always, no doubt, a ticking clock to tragedy'. I have been there in 'happiness' with an Evil man - fortunately, it took months for him to be recognised - and only many months to recovery. But I found out from his Brother - I was not the first to be 'taken in' and 'happy?' with him.

I think that "axial diffusion" (grossly simplified) just means that traces of the drug could seep down the hairshaft, and thus aren't necessarily indicative of doping done at an earlier date.

although this is the one I was looking for , from 2012, same link, another comment, this time from HB

and his response to that was to say that he was not joking ! I bet he wasnt. He didnt want Helen getting any ideas of moving on without him.

Days have become weeks and weeks have become months – Helen please don’t let months become years.
“Helen, bring Boris home or ring 116 000. Life without you is just wrong.”

If you remove one word don't - it may reflect his true feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members