GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that;-) just thought interesting that the BBC chose her testimony as most relevant over any others today?

I think the BBC reports have been rather bitty and unsatisfactory and they chose the 'he spoke of her in the past tense' angle because it was the most easily grasped part of yesterday's evidence . It clearly wasn't the most important, which was the techie stuff.

Adele Robinson (@SkyNewsAdele) tweeted at 10:19 AM on Tue, Feb 07, 2017:
I'm at St Albans Crwn Court for the trial of Ian Stewart, accused of murdering his fiancé Helen Bailey and dumping her body in a septic tank

Chloe Keedy (@ChloeKeedyITV) tweeted at 10:20 AM on Tue, Feb 07, 2017:
Ian Stewart's GP John Howe takes the stand as evidence in Helen Bailey murder trial gets underway at St Albans Crown Court @itvanglia

Checking in.

Great that his GP is now up.
- Just how severe was his M. gravis
- we know his facial muscles were not affected by M.g. ( week 1)
- full med records on insomnia and the cancer scare please!

Adele Robinson (@SkyNewsAdele) tweeted at 10:25 AM on Tue, Feb 07, 2017:
Ian Stewart's GP saw him on 19th April after Ms Bailey went missing and wrote down that "there was no inclination to commit suicide".

I had it down as 3 counts of perverting the course of justice

I agree that reporting Helen as missing has to be one of them

My other two guesses are
Not handing over her mobile, when police have been able to prove he had it in his possession

and possibly - concealement of Helen's body. I know he is also being charged, separately, with preventing a lawful burial, but I have seen concealment of a body shown as a separate charge in other cases.

FFS Daily Telegraph reported it incorrectly as 2 charges of perverting, trust that to be the only one I checked!

In English common law, concealing a body would be charged as disposal with intent to obstruct the coroner or preventing a lawful burial (which he is charged with) so that I don't think that can also be the subject of an charge of perversion? I may be wrong.

Did we have anyone in court on day 1 to hear the charges read out?

This is why it is so great that the UK has law reform in this area

Previously thanks to right to silence, the accused could produce these fairy tales literally at trial.

Not quite correct - this applies to England and Wales only (not sure about Northern Ireland) but in Scotland you still get the full right to remain silent etc.

FFS Daily Telegraph reported it incorrectly as 2 charges of perverting, trust that to be the only one I checked!

In English common law, concealing a body would be charged as disposal with intent to obstruct the coroner or preventing a lawful burial (which he is charged with) so that I don't think that can also be the subject of an charge of perversion? I may be wrong.

Did we have anyone in court on day 1 to hear the charges read out?

I have it as
......denies one count of murder, one count of fraud, one count of preventing a lawful burial and three counts of perverting the course of justice
court on day 1

no tara today or not started yet?

I think the BBC reports have been rather bitty and unsatisfactory and they chose the 'he spoke of her in the past tense' angle because it was the most easily grasped part of yesterday's evidence . It clearly wasn't the most important, which was the techie stuff.

The BBC is bloody awful for "dumbing down" it's the main reason I can't bear to watch their news broadcasts / morning TV or read their web site. It's all lowest common denominator these days.

10:22
Helen Bailey murder trial resumes

The case is now starting. Jurors are being called in. Stewart is sat in the dock wearing a grey striped shirt with a white collar.

10:26
Ian Stewart was 'panicking' after partner disappeared - doctor

The first witness is John Howe, a GP at the Ashwell Surgery, which has two surgeries in Ashwell and Bassingbourn. From Feb 4, 2016 to April 18, there were nothing relating to mental health issues, mobility issues, or inability issues for Stewart on the surgery system. Mr Howe tells the court: “On April 19 Stewart was seen at Bassingbourn surgery by myself. “My notes said ‘partner disappeared, police involved. Feels very anxious. Not sleeping. Panicking at present. Can’t think straight. Feeling low’ “The notes further reflect an existing condition - Myasthenia gravis.”

Load mobile navigation
SIGN IN
NEWS
SPORT
WHAT'S ON
BUSINESS
IN YOUR AREA

NEW ARTICLES
LIVE: Helen Bailey murder trial - defence case to start

Prosecution to close this morning

BYJULIAN MAKEY
UPDATED10:27, 7 FEB 2017
TRIAL: Helen Bailey who was allegedly murdered by her fiance Ian Stewart
TRIAL: Helen Bailey who was allegedly murdered by her fiance Ian Stewart
The defence case in the trial of Ian Stewart who is accused of murdering the children’s author Helen Bailey is set to start later today.

Stewart, fiancé of the wealthy writer, allegedly slowly drugged her for months before murdering her and dumping her body, together with her pet dog, into a hidden underground cesspit at their £1.5million Royston home.

Stewart, of Baldock Road in Royston, is accused of drugging Helen Bailey with the sleeping drug Zopiclone before carying out the murder and dumping her body, together with her dog Boris, into the cesspit.

Stewart denies murder, fraud, preventing a lawful burial and three counts of perverting the course of justice in the trial which is now in its fifth week.

The 56-year-old, who is on trial at St Alban’s Crown Court, claims that two men named just Joe and Nick were responsible for the murder and disposal of Ms Bailey’s body.

The prosecution case is expected to close this morning.

10:27
Doctor treated Ian Stewart for anxiety

On April 20 further notes stated that Stewart had no inclination to commit suicide. “The next day, Stewart came in again, saying he was very anxious, under a lot of stress and said he couldn’t remember things. He was given a prescription for a beta blocker, to reduce anxiety symptoms.”

10:37
Stewart asked for antidepressants to be increased

“On June 1, our notes record that Stewart’s sleep was still poor. Stewart wondered if we could increase the dose of an antidepressant, which is now mainly used to help people sleep. “A 10 milligram dose was increased to 25 milligrams for Stewart. “This usually causes tiredness, a person takes it at night and it helps them sleep.” Mr Howe is now being asked about Stewart’s surgery, of which there weren’t any particular complications. “At some stage there was some discharge from the wound.”

10:39
Doctor says Stewart complained of not being able to remember

“Stewart said he was worried because the police kept on asking him about the day that Helen went missing and he couldn’t remember anything. “In April, from memory Stewart walked in normally, there didn’t seem to be any problems with his mobility. “He seemed of full mobility. Nothing was said to me about his inability to do things. “Questions related to his ability to do things in the surgery are questions that should be related to the surgeons.”

Extremely convenient amnesia he has there.

I wonder if we're going to hear that Nick and Joe turned up and cesspitted Helen's body while IS was sunning himself in Palma? Maybe José tipped off Nick that the coast was clear?!

10:45
Zopiclone prescribed 'with caution'

Zopiclone is something normally issued for sleep problems. Mr Howe is now being cross examined by the defence. He states that his team wrote a letter to Stewart on May 3, informing him of an initial assessment appointment with the mental health team. He states that he can’t add anything further as to Stewart’s ability or inability to do everyday physical tasks. He confirms that on January 25, Stewart was prescribed zopiclone. He states that Stewart was suffering from Myasthenia gravis at this time, and zopiclone can be prescribed but “one has to be careful”. “It is prescribed with caution.”

10:37
Stewart asked for antidepressants to be increased

“On June 1, our notes record that Stewart’s sleep was still poor. Stewart wondered if we could increase the dose of an antidepressant, which is now mainly used to help people sleep. “A 10 milligram dose was increased to 25 milligrams for Stewart. “This usually causes tiredness, a person takes it at night and it helps them sleep.” Mr Howe is now being asked about Stewart’s surgery, of which there weren’t any particular complications. “At some stage there was some discharge from the wound.”

He's clearly not taken sleeping pills in the past so probably doesn't suffer in this area....increasing his dose to stockpile for a future victim? Why increase the dose 1/6, can't use the amensia side effects this far after??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966