GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just weird, isn't it? We know he read the blog and the book only has a chapter or two that isn't in the blog. I can't imagine an author would tell their partner not to read their published work, especially with all the promo she was having to do.

I'd like to hear the doctor reports from when his wife died now..... the more I hear the more I think he killed her as well.... he's totally detached from reality. It's like he's got severe aspergers or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't be Aspergers (unless he has Aspergers with a personality disorder too). My son has Aspergers and is very empathic and caring about others...he just doesn't always now how to express that appropriately.
What we are hearing about IS is completely different ... devoid of emotion unless that emotion is around himself.
The more and more I hear about him the more I dislike him. Charming in the surface but manipulative as hell and I totally agree that the death of his first wife needs to be looked at. I don't know if the police have seriously looked into her death or whether it will be something they might do off the back of this if he is found guilty.

Jekyll and Hyde

He's ok when he's in control.

Sums him up. The only thing he was anxious about was getting caught!

Yes - that's a great way to qualify how he shifts from 'agitation - needing every drug in the book' when he thinks of 'getting caught' - to 'no indication on an emotional level of distress about Helen being missing. There was just nothing at all.​

14:46
'He went from concerned and anxious to being abrupt and cut off'

“He also said he was taking sleeping tablets because he was having sleepless nights

“He went from concerned and anxious to being abrupt and cut off. When the police were there he changed his body language. He relaxed his shoulders. His body language was more at ease.”

Judge: “Agreed facts are wonderful.”

That's just weird, isn't it? We know he read the blog and the book only has a chapter or two that isn't in the blog. I can't imagine an author would tell their partner not to read their published work, especially with all the promo she was having to do.

Pre planning so that he could claim not to be aware of certain things and thoughts that were in the book?

What things? I don't know but he's a crafty manipulative man so there must be a reason he's claiming not to have read all of the book.

I have no idea what that bit about the judge and agreed facts meant.

Pre planning so that he could claim not to be aware of certain things and thoughts that were in the book?

What things? I don't know but he's a crafty manipulative man so there must be a reason he's claiming not to have read all of the book.

I know why he hadn't probably read the book. He wasn't interested. He wasn't interested in Helen at all..... it sounds like he utterly hated her imo

Is there anyone from here in the court today? This court reporting in the Cambridge News is useless.

ooooh. I have just come up with something.

So I just took 2 paracetamols IN CAPSULES. I've had zopiclone before, they're pretty small so I just had the thought when seeing the capsule size that you could probably get a decent dose of zopiclone into those capsules.

ANYWAY. What if he couldn't set a day for the murder, WHAT IF, he has to wait till she has a headache and ASKS HIM to bring her some painkillers. This would explain why it seems he didn't plan it for this day and it's all done short notice, e.g cancelling the docs at the last min. It would also explain why she conked out when his parents were there, she might not have fallen asleep had she not had a headache!

there was paracetamol found in her system as well remember.....

Snap. I just went to make a coffee and capsules crossed my mind too. Digressing for a moment though, we know Helen liked herbal remedies, and if she was menopausal it's very possible that she may have used black cohosh. Black cohosh can be brewed to make a bitter, dark tea that has a wide range of benefits which can improve many symptoms of menopause. It has also been shown to dilate peripheral blood vessels and sometimes improve elevated blood pressure, and Helen's blood pressure was very high.

There's a third benefit though which could be significant. The natural herb is a potent sedative that can be used especially by people suffering from insomnia, stress, or chronic anxiety. When consumed regularly, it helps you to get back to normal sleeping patterns. However, it should never be taken in conjunction with any other sleep aid due to the potential complications that are likely to occur.

As we know, zopiclone is also bitter and we know she'd been ingesting it for at least 3 months. If he started drugging her with the zopiclone in very small but ever increasing amounts to an already bitter tea, she may not have noticed. Then when she had a headache he had the opportunity to fill one or even two capsules with zopiclone.

The post mortem report stated, "In addition the chest cavity fluid was found to contain paracetamol. The level of this was low and negligible really - below the concentration you’d expect to have a therapeutic effect”. This was the statement that led me to consider capsules. It made me think that most of the paracetamol had been removed and replaced with zopiclone.

I'm certain there was a trigger prior to Monday. Oliver's girlfriend spent the Saturday night prior to Helen going missing at Royston. She told the court, “I remember HB looking quite stressed that particular evening. She didn’t say hi. She kept her head down and just walked into the kitchen. ... On the Saturday she seemed very stressed”. I believe HB had discussed and possibly had words with IS about her proposed changes to the beneficiaries under the new will that was still to be prepared. From all accounts things seemed normal in the household on Monday but IS took his chance when she had a headache.

just a thought about why choose April 11th to kill Helen.

[FONT=&quot]"Power of attorney was registered and effective by April 10, 2015"

Maybe he planned to wait a year so it didn't look as suspicious as if she'd have gone missing right after the POA was registered? He murders her almost a year to the day that POA was registered.[/FONT]

There was "no indication" that anyone left the home of children's author Helen Bailey during the hours her alleged killer claims she ran away, a court has heard.

Analysis of the alarm system in her house in Royston, Hertfordshire, was said to show "no usage to correspond with someone going out" on the day the she vanished last April.

Her fiancé, Ian Stewart, told police he returned home to find it empty that day, with a note claiming she needed "space", the trial previously heard.

A jury at St Albans Crown Court was told that previous patterns suggested the alarm was activated "whenever the house is left empty", but it was possible Ms Bailey had left without doing so.
Helen Bailey was reported missing in April 2016.
Helen Bailey was reported missing in April 2016.

Stewart, 56, is accused of killing his bride-to-be after secretly sedating her in a long-planned plot to acquire her fortune.

That morning, April 11 2016, the alarm was said to have been disarmed shortly after 8am, when the defendant's son, Jamie, went to work.

It was only reactivated in the evening, around the time Stewart left to watch a game of bowls, with a key fob which appeared to be his, the court heard.

"On April 11 there was no real usage during the day; there was early-morning usage and some usage in early evening - there was no usage to correspond with someone going out.

"Whenever there was movement throughout the day on previous days the alarm was going on and off."
– Detective Constable Lee Stewart, Hertfordshire Police

Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer asked: "It gives no indication if anyone went out,to the tip, or the doctor's?"

"That's correct," DC Stewart replied.

Simon Russell Flint, defending, asked the detective: "The pattern you found was that whenever somebody goes out it was activated - whenever the house is left empty?"

DC Stewart said: "That is the indication."

"You wouldn't activate it, set the alarm if you were going out but leaving someone inside the house?" Mr Russell Flint asked.

The witness responded: "There is no indication of that at all."

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...-show-someone-leaving-on-day-author-vanished/

Doesn't agreed facts mean things that are stated as fact and aren't contested by either side?

I don't know why it was inserted right there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamous View Post
I have no idea what that bit about the judge and agreed facts meant.
Nor me, Squamous - a fascinating comment from the Judge and would love to know what it meant.

What are the agreed facts in this case? I can't remember them being reported but if they have then we can look at the list of agreed facts and try to work out what he meant

I'd like to hear the doctor reports from when his wife died now..... the more I hear the more I think he killed her as well.... he's totally detached from reality. It's like he's got severe aspergers or something

Yes, snoopydog, agreeing here. I am also wondering if (since evidence against him is surely going to be overwhelming) when it comes to it he will somehow try to claim that it was all a dreadful accident and that he put her in the cesspit in a panic, given the circumstances of his wife Diane's death, etc. then had to cover up to 'protect his sons' etc, etc, - anything but to admit that he is a cold-hearted, greedy, and remorseless **** who calculatedly abused Helen's good nature for his own evil gain. Wonder how he will attempt to explain away the drugging - (since Helen was busy googling 'why do I keep falling asleep' etc. the defence cannot try to claim there is no evidence that she was not taking the drug of her own accord) - will he also try to claim that his medication must have got mixed up with hers, or that he was only meaning to 'help' her in some way (anxiety / sleepless nights?) and it all went wrong. I wonder if he will, on the other hand, just maintain a stony silence - after all, what can he possibly say which in reality will help his 'cause' in any way...

I'm certain there was a trigger prior to Monday. Oliver's girlfriend spent the Saturday night prior to Helen going missing at Royston. She told the court, “I remember HB looking quite stressed that particular evening. She didn’t say hi. She kept her head down and just walked into the kitchen. ... On the Saturday she seemed very stressed”. I believe HB had discussed and possibly had words with IS about her proposed changes to the beneficiaries under the new will that was still to be prepared. From all accounts things seemed normal in the household on Monday but IS took his chance when she had a headache.

There could have been an argument between HB and either IS or the boys on the Sunday night about girlfriends stopping over.

Court is adjourned now. I hope they have someone with better reporting skills in tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member