GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought you may be interested in a re-read of this article in view of hindsight and what we now know:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/30/helen-bailey-missing-mystery-disappearance-childrens-author

Some things that jumped out for me were firstly the enormous amount of money and resources that were wasted (bet that won`t go down well when the Judge is considering the sentence to impose!).
[FONT=&quot]"What is remarkable about her account of the investigation is how incredibly labour-intensive the process of looking for a missing person is. Once the inquiry was raised to high risk, huge amounts of police resources were allocated to the investigation". [/FONT]

Also:
[FONT=&quot]"Because there have been no developments, reporting of the case has tailed off..." [/FONT][FONT=&quot] IS must have beenrubbing his hands together in glee - all panning out as planned...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Initially, police classified the inquiry as medium risk, on the basis that adults are allowed to go missing, and on Stewart’s report of a note saying she needed some time"

"The house where she lives with Stewart and his two adult sons was searched – the garages, the outbuildings and the outdoor swimming pool; the septic tank was drained". [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hmm - well we know what we think about that!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"When I ask if there is a theory that she discusses with her colleagues and wouldn’t at this stage want to see in the newspaper, she is silent for a moment, waves her arm as if uncertain what to say, splays her fingers, pats her knees and screws up her face. But, finally, she simply says that police officers don’t trust anyone"

[/FONT]
[FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]I read the article through a different lens this time![/FONT]

I also think he knew before this date it wasn't cancer. This will have been the official all clear after biopsy results but they'll have been able to tell him after the operation. I'm about 99% sure of this. They'll have seen for their own eyes it wasn't cancer and was only scar tissue but the biopsy was a final confirmation. I'd like to have heard from his surgeon about this....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes - we all remember well when IS gave his life story in Court - and said, 'Unfortunately, it was only scar tissue'.

I am sure the Surgeons would recognise 'scar tissue' immediately - Biopsy would only be a confirmation from the Lab.

Yes - we all remember well when IS gave his life story in Court - and said, 'Unfortunately, it was only scar tissue'.

I am sure the Surgeons would recognise 'scar tissue' immediately - Biopsy would only be a confirmation from the Lab.

I've not been able to get that line out of my head. Who the hell would say "unfortunately" it was not cancer. Maybe he meant it was unfortunate it took a major surgery to discover that, but it's not how it sounded.

Just thought you may be interested in a re-read of this article in view of hindsight and what we now know:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/30/helen-bailey-missing-mystery-disappearance-childrens-author

[FONT=&amp]<snip for brevity>

[/FONT]
I read the article through a different lens this time!

[FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Now it feels like my heart doesn&#8217;t even exist"

[/FONT]
I always found that a very strange thing to say. Considering this was a written statement and not something blurted out under duress, what does it really say?

"The prosecution has previously told the jury about online banking transactions made using Stewart's laptop on the day that Ms Bailey allegedly disappeared.

Evidence from forensic experts showed that a regular £600 standing order from Ms Bailey's account to the couple's shared bank account had been increased to £4,000.

Much of the computer's browsing history during that period had subsequently been wiped, leaving just a couple of entry logs, the experts told the jury.

Stewart, a former software engineer, <b>acknowledged to the court that he intimately understood the process necessary to delete such information from a hard-drive."</b>

http://news.sky.com/story/author-helen-baileys-fiance-developed-cruel-murder-plan-10761739

Tiny - I love your first post ..and say to you 'welcome' as the other lovely Websleuthers said to me when I finally joined, after reading their clever and 'dedication to truth' comments.

I agree with you that we know Helen is a lady from her pictures, her words, her lovely study - a person who doesn't need masses of 'things' but each that she has is precious, and carefully chosen.

When I copied a piece from her book last night - where she writes about her sadness for 'the lads' losing their Mother, and how she hoped to be a 'big sister' to them - there is NO WAY at all that she would wear their Mother's ring. We all know this - and IS is so lacking in knowing what is acceptable and what is not.

IS may be an only child - but nobody thinks this may be a cause for him to become the narcissistic, evil one that he is.

(PS - I am the one that needed to search for the 'snowdrop' Emma B mug to have a 'keepsake' of Helen's artistic beauty).

Alyce - not wishing to quote your excellent observations on 'sale of Gateshead' flat and IS having the all clear.
as it is long and interesting but I just wanted to include something I remember - and hopefully others do.

Helen said WTTE - that she was stretched looking after the invalid. And we know she did not mean this unkindly but as a writer, she would state how she felt in bold terms.
My theory runs along the lines of .. IS gets the all clear. Helen is now 'off the hook' in terms of worrying about him and free to fly with her OWN choices, which have been compromised in many ways during her time in Royston.
And - she is stronger, now that he is well .. and tells him of her wishes 'Life Beyond' where she would like to return to London (with IS). This was never his plan. He is inadequate in London within Helen's world. He needs to keep her contained in Royston where he can prove himself to be the 'local hero'. BE in charge - show off and flaunt as he has proved himself to do in Court.
The Gateshead flat is Helen drawing Capital so that she builds the future for London and JS and OS having their own places of independence.
He has Guilt already towards his Sons - he wishes to show how he can now nurture them to repair this guilt - and probably keep them at home forever to show what a good Daddy he is.
I am not suggesting Helen was leaving IS - but that she was taking power back.

"[FONT=&amp]Now it feels like my heart doesn&#8217;t even exist"

[/FONT]
I always found that a very strange thing to say. Considering this was a written statement and not something blurted out under duress, what does it really say?

I have No heart - I am Evil .. I do not know how to love beyond loving myself .. OK IS SHUT UP.

Is that so, I thought they missed it first time round because they were still looking for a live child, possibly hiding.

I googled it again.

Two dogs hit on it in two searches.

But as you say, they had searched the attic before and were convinced the body was not up there.

Similar to this case really.

Dog is correct but where is the body?

Sometime crooks get lucky..

I've not been able to get that line out of my head. Who the hell would say "unfortunately" it was not cancer. Maybe he meant it was unfortunate it took a major surgery to discover that, but it's not how it sounded.

"Unfortunately" for Helen, Boris and their loved ones. What a pity he woke up from the anaesthetic.

Alyce - not wishing to quote your excellent observations on 'sale of Gateshead' flat and IS having the all clear.
as it is long and interesting but I just wanted to include something I remember - and hopefully others do.

Helen said WTTE - that she was stretched looking after the invalid. And we know she did not mean this unkindly but as a writer, she would state how she felt in bold terms.
My theory runs along the lines of .. IS gets the all clear. Helen is now 'off the hook' in terms of worrying about him and free to fly with her OWN choices, which have been compromised in many ways during her time in Royston.
And - she is stronger, now that he is well .. and tells him of her wishes 'Life Beyond' where she would like to return to London (with IS). This was never his plan. He is inadequate in London within Helen's world. He needs to keep her contained in Royston where he can prove himself to be the 'local hero'. BE in charge - show off and flaunt as he has proved himself to do in Court.
The Gateshead flat is Helen drawing Capital so that she builds the future for London and JS and OS having their own places of independence.
He has Guilt already towards his Sons - he wishes to show how he can now nurture them to repair this guilt - and probably keep them at home forever to show what a good Daddy he is.
I am not suggesting Helen was leaving IS - but that she was taking power back.

I feel this is entirely possible- it does seem that the timing of Helen's murder was somehow connected to the solicitors and the flat sale, certainly.

I sincerely hope that IS is spending his weekend sweating at the thought of next week, and kicking himself about his various blunders, especially the "Nick and Dave" slip.

[/FONT]

He's blaming Helen for going off and taking his heart with her.

I'm going to be fair here and ask if he could possibly have said "and fortunately". That would sound very similar if not well enunciated:

unfortunately
an' fortunately

I'm going to be fair here and ask if he could possibly have said "and fortunately". That would sound very similar if not well enunciated:

unfortunately
an' fortunately

Agree. Unless it is backed up by other independent reports of it, I think we have to treat some parts of the reporting, especially dates that don't seem quite right, with caution.

Aww thank you so much for the lovely welcome!
Joely it is a beautiful mug - you have great taste and loved what you wrote about remembering Helen when you have a warm drink.
Agreed with the post regarding "unfortunately it wasn't cancer". It was a very strange and crass thing to say. IS doesn't half love attention.

[/FONT]

Indeed, it was a rare, if unwitting, moment of honesty. He doesn't have a heart, he has a swinging brick.

I'd be amazed if at least one major documentary wasn't being produced on the murder. I'm a journalist and former TV producer and from that perspective, I can see it has all the ingredients necessary for a gripping one hour documentary. I hope anything produced will be done with sensitivity and the full blessing of her family and that Helen the human being will be at the forefront of the telling. But sadly there are no such guarantees. Helen's brother John will already been bombarded with interview requests from broadcast and print media. At the conclusion of a high profile trial like this one, media intrusion can be a huge burden to a murder victim's loved ones.

You are right of course! (about dates) One of the things I really like on this board (apart from the intelligence, wit and kindness of course) is that there is a real feel for the legal process and the need for it to be impartial, so comments over time are self correcting, if that makes sense.

We know that IS is not clever with words - (unless he needs to be). I think this is 'slippage' in this comment. Because of the results that happened (only a theory) made him wish he could continue to be ILL and claim on Helen as his resource.
Poor me - had to get up with the programme and that I believe is that Helen was now telling him how she chose their future to be. Move back to London after their marriage? Let JS and OS have some funds towards flats and their own lives. I believe Helen was 'motoring' after IS had the 'all clear' and she, having found some strength again after her huge vulnerability in losing her beloved husband. This was 'recovery time' where you don't ever forget but you are able to make some decisions of your own again.
NO - I don't want to live in Royston - with huge comings and goings of young people. I am not used to this - and I need my own quieter space as a writer and a person who is hugely Emphatic and needs to quietness to absorb.
This is not his plan at all .. and never was and Helen started to dispute some of his aims (whenever) he chose to drug her so that she would be incapable of 'coming back at you' (like he said on reporting her missing - she is strong and ...) and his monstrous greed and control of her would have to finish IF she had other ideas for their future. Yes - Helen did have ideas .. to look after the b steward forever - to nurture him. To promise to love, in sickness and health, for richer for poorer.
Helen would have given this Vow - but as a strong person, she would have wished to have some conditions of their journey together in marriage.
He failed himself in every point possible. To Helen, to his Sons - to Helen's family and friends... and Helen's treasured, most beloved, Boris who helped her through her grief of John.

Now - Trimmer is going to enable him to truly fail.

That Guardian article makes it crashingly obvious that the police suspected IS from very early on, doesn't it? As did I (like many here)- I found it puzzling and strange that the Facebook group set up to find Helen seemed very reluctant to raise the obvious question, or at least press IS to do a public appeal and/or reconstruction. I realise now that it must have been purely caution to avoid prejudicing the possibility of a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme