GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I had never heard of Emma Bridgwater. I did an online search, and found a snowdrop mug :coffeews:

.... which I bought 5 minutes ago. Hope I never drop it (and if I do, may the force return it unharmed to where it came from!)

When the verdict is there, I will raise the mug in memory of Helen.

My husband is from the Potteries and is so pleased that Emma B is producing her lovely things in Stoke. I may look for a snowdrop mug, but have a spotty one and a bird one from the range-sure Helen wouldn't mind those being raised in her memory.

My husband is from the Potteries and is so pleased that Emma B is producing her lovely things in Stoke. I may look for a snowdrop mug, but have a spotty one and a bird one from the range-sure Helen wouldn't mind those being raised in her memory.

I'd never heard of Emma B either, but I searched her website and although there's no snowdrops there, there are a few other delicious designs I would love. The Scottish Blackface (the sheep we had on the farm when I was a child) or maybe the seabirds as I love birds and puffins especially. I might treat myself. It would be a special way to keep Helen in my mind and heart when this is all over and she rests in peace.

I hope when it is all said and done that HBs brother uses some of the inheritance to set up living memories of both Helen and Boris eg The Little Boris Kennel for Neglected Dogs. I would be happy to see the money she was killed for used to celebrate her memory and not subsidise the housing costs of grown young men.

I searched for such a long time ZaZara as it had been discontinued. Well done in finding it - maybe we all need one as comfort of Helen's aliveness rather than this hideous man. Just out of curiosity where did you find it? Or is it back on the EB direct site because of the Season. x

Found it within a few minutes in an on-line store!
I've sent you the link in a PM.

It's Friday, I have wine... some crazy thoughts are zipping through my head. I might be talking rubbish and be in need of a :slap:

Didn't IS say that HB used his computer to change the standing order because she liked to use his office as his desk was not cluttered?

And the cleaner said that it was unusual for Helen's clothes to be lying on top of the washing basket as she would always have folded them away? (It struck me because who folds dirty clothes into the wash basket unless you're super neat and tidy?)

The image of Helen at her desk with her snowdrop mug - there isn't a spot of clutter to be seen. The whole room is very orderly. The books are neat and tidy on the shelves etc.

Yes of course most people would tidy up before a photographer was about to appear, but if you add it all together it doesn't feel to me like Helen was a messy person.

If any friend can confirm or deny?

I know... we know she didn't use his computer to change the standing order because it was him doing it, but I feel a compulsion to pick apart every little drop of carp that came from his mouth.

[FONT=&quot]“When Helen started referring to me in the blog, there was no reaction to the blog posts at first, but when we came back from Brighton was when she announced ‘GGHW is now part of my life and we’re in a relationship’. “There was a big big kickback, big time. There were a lot of replies in emails and on the blog posts. “Her group of online friends blocked her, banned her, and so on. “There was a big reaction, they felt she was letting the side down. “All those widows now five years on are on a relationship and on dating sites, so they moved on in their own time. “Helen was so upset because she was obviously happy but this meant a lot to her.”

Is this all true does anyone know?[/FONT]

Is this all true does anyone know?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Certainly quite a lot of it is, Helen wrote about it, I will try and get a link tomorrow.

ETA no need to wait for tomorrow -

http://planetgrief.com/2012/03/26/brighton-belle/

I do wonder if the backlash made Helen cling closer to her "GGHW". I'm sure some of the comments were purely unhelpful but there must have been some voices that were saying "too soon, too raw, be careful".

[FONT=&quot]“The problem with the ring was it was beautiful and you see Helen’s eyes light up when she tried it on, but the others looked like costume jewellery.[/FONT]

Oh I see, yes that was a problem.

Didn't IS say that HB used his computer to change the standing order because she liked to use his office as his desk was not cluttered?

No, he said that she liked the way the desktop was set up (presumably on his PC). It's not clear what he meant by that.

And the cleaner said that it was unusual for Helen's clothes to be lying on top of the washing basket as she would always have folded them away? (It struck me because who folds dirty clothes into the wash basket unless you're super neat and tidy?)

I assumed that she just meant that any clothes for washing would be put away inside the laundry basket, not dumped on top.
She was speaking through an interpreter, so there's not much point in over-analysing her words.
That also goes for quilt/bedspread/duvet or whatever she was supposed to have said.

They went for the celebratory meal April 5th after hearing IS got the all clear that morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Nice' get told you are going to live so you then plan to take the life of another. Off with his head.

[FONT=&quot]“If zopiclone was put in her food do you think she might have noticed this? “Yes”, he said. If it was crushed in her scrambled eggs do you think she would have tasted that? “Yes, she would have noticed instantly, as zopiclone apparently has a bitter taste.”[/FONT]

So Mr Stewart, it can't then be said that you took the zopiclone prescribed to you in 2005 or 2010, because you don't know what it tastes like.

So we have two occasions where on days that Helen was due to go to see the solicitor, the appointment was cancelled. The first time by him, the 2nd time we don't know who cancelled.

Why did he want to stop her going to the solicitors?

Maybe because if she signed and then died the sale would be held up? Whereas if she died and he used POA to sell it wouldn't get held up? Don't know if this is the case it's just and idea.

Hi I'm new. Followed this from HB going my missing and immediate thought wasIS killed her. His story in court is preposterous but having served on a jury you can never foresee who on a jury will
Decide which way until the end. Hoping they see through him.

Is this all true does anyone know?[/FONT][/COLOR]

I was just reading about the Brighton time a couple of nights ago, Tortoise - hang on a moment and I shall find it. OK it is within the Chapter, titled 'Brighton Belle'. Page 252/253

Cutting to the moment where Helen writes about their time away.
.... Which is why having two nights and three days in Brighton with GGHW was so lovely. It was (in memory terms) neutral ground, the weather was great, the hotel lovely. We went wild, spending 50p each on the push 2p machines and won a pencil; we ate fresh doughnuts and drank champagne; we lay fully clothed on the nudist beach and felt the early spring sunshine warm our faces. But most of all we laughed and laughed.

At one point, sitting on Brighton Pier, GGHW announced that he was going to 'Check In' on Facebook on his phone. 'Shall I put who I am with?' he teased.

...... etc

Throwing caution to the wind and in holiday mood, i urged GGHW to go ahead and tag me on FB.

The button got pressed. We giggled like teenagers at our recklessness. I then posted a picture on my FB page.
And that is how the group of online friends reacted (as Helen explains in widowhood groups - it is upsetting when others 'move on' after such grief - and she had many angry messages - and her FB friend count dwindled).

(@Tortoise # 487) No, I don't think so!
But it was a ghastly experience, with the call handler making me do CPR on a dead body because I had sounded a bit uncertain in the beginning. I got into a panic and kept trying to follow her instructions, which was bonkers of me. I said 'He's dead, it's pointless' but I feared she'd think I was being unhelpful. In the end, what with the paramedics going to the wrong address and then insisting on going through the full resuscitation saga even though he was obviously dead (we have to follow our protocols), quite apart from my hideous experience, it all seemed a most appalling misuse of resources. I thought this was my fault, I should just have said no, he's dead. Also I have been haunted by it ever since (nine days ago).
So to get back to your question, seriously, although I have no guilty knowledge, I feel terribly guilty and think I probably should have asked for the police first.

How awful for you x :grouphug:

In a FB photo of HB and IS taken at her old house there's a comment by a friend that IS is spitting image of woody woodpecker. HB then comments with a link to woody woodpecker villain wiki. IS comments "do I have the same motivation". This is what the wiki page has on WW. Pretty good description I think.

.... supplied Woody with more clearly defined traits so that we could understand why he was going about causing trouble — specifically, by estasblishing that he is a selfish, ignorant being who only stands for himself and will not stop at nothing to achieve his goals, regardless of whoever gets in his way. He also helped firmly establish Woody's trait of being a Big Eater (which did pop up in early cartoons, but wasn't a central part of the character) which served as the basis for many of his cartoons. However, Culhane's direction, for all of his improvements, made Woody a bit too unlikable, taking him from being a screwy bird to sometimes being flat out malaciousin some episodes (i.e. The Barber of Seville).

If only HB had realised sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you providing that info, Squamous and Joely.

I can see how much fun he would have had, suggesting it and pressing that button. He may as well have said mind if I alienate a few of your friends?

Don't feel too bad, I was shocked to read in the Cooper Harris case a member of the public, a police officer and a paramedic all did CPR on little Cooper, even though he was in full rigor mortis! He was frozen with his little arms and legs bent in the shape of his car seat and they couldn't open his mouth any more than it already was to breathe air into him... But none of them just accepted that he had been dead for some time, they all tried to revive him anyway :(

Often with elderly people, they have a DNR (do not resusitate) in place. But Mol wouldn't have known if he did or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust