GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ha, so he did only get the news on that day....that scuppers my thought then

Do we know that officially, or had he heard before and was spinning it out for the sympathy? I know someone who had 2 brain scans, one at Union Lane, Cambridge (on a lorry!) and one at the Rosie Maternity, Addenbrookes (aka biomedical campus etc). The first was in October 2016 and the second in December. They were very detailed, especially the second (it turned out there were "artefacts" i.e. person- made faults on the first) but in both cases the person had heard, via the consultant and GP within a few days. I can't remember exactly but it seemed more like two weeks plus with Mr Toad (I don't know why I suddenly thought of IS as such-btw who paid for the BMW to replace the Mondeo with the Mickey Mouse aerial?)
I realise it's a different Department/hospital but it struck me the first time that it was a long wait-people often chase the consultant or his/her secretary.

Do we know that officially, or had he heard before and was spinning it out for the sympathy? I know someone who had 2 brain scans, one at Union Lane, Cambridge (on a lorry!) and one at the Rosie Maternity, Addenbrookes (aka biomedical campus etc). The first was in October 2016 and the second in December. They were very detailed, especially the second (it turned out there were "artefacts" i.e. person- made faults on the first) but in both cases the person had heard, via the consultant and GP within a few days. I can't remember exactly but it seemed more like two weeks plus with Mr Toad (I don't know why I suddenly thought of IS as such-btw who paid for the BMW to replace the Mondeo with the Mickey Mouse aerial?)
I realise it's a different Department but it struck me the first time that it was a long wait-people often chase the consultant or his/her secretary.

I thought it was a longish wait - even allowing for the Easter week end, which might have caused a small delay - but Hunkerdown knew Helen and she has confirmed that IS only got the news in a phone call on the morning of April 5.

Unless of course IS pretended to get the call on that morning and then announced it to Helen -but had in fact been told the previous week.

Yes I also wondered when the battered old Mondeo became a shiny new BMW.
But ,as we know, IS was not without a bean ( literally ) so maybe he did buy it for himself ( or leased it ) because he thought he had to impress Helen. Not that I think Helen would have been in any way bothered, genuine folk are not, but of course in ISs mind he no doubt considered it to be important.

Thanks, Squamous. Perhaps I couldn't have done much else - the thing is, a non-medic isn't in a position to pronounce death authoritatively so although I was sure he was dead (in my heart, as it were) I didn't feel I could say it flatly, and it had certainly happened in the previous couple of hours, I think. Dialling 999 is a bit different from 101, I suppose, as an experience.
Going back to IS, his call was astounding for the lack of emotion or urgency. That struck me again all the more forcefully - you'd think even simulating the situation would call up some emotion, given the true horror underneath.

Don't feel too bad, I was shocked to read in the Cooper Harris case a member of the public, a police officer and a paramedic all did CPR on little Cooper, even though he was in full rigor mortis! He was frozen with his little arms and legs bent in the shape of his car seat and they couldn't open his mouth any more than it already was to breathe air into him... But none of them just accepted that he had been dead for some time, they all tried to revive him anyway :(

Moll that sounds dreadful, no wonder you feel traumatised but please dont feel guilty. I would probably have done the same as you.

Sending hugs

Louise xx

That would be way too hot for us too! Bet you don't have ankle-deep sticky mud everywhere though! Horrid when we're out and horrid indoors too as it attaches itself to dog (small dog - low undercarriage!), dries and falls off all over the house :gaah:

AND below freezing all day and night, plus snow today. Our central heating cannot cope with sub zero temperatures for several days. However, JJ's heat wave too would be unbearable .

Aha. That change of appointment has been annoying me. I just found the answer.

"I phoned up and rearranged my doctor's appointment. Helen said 'If possible, make it this afternoon and then you can take stuff to the solicitors at the same time'."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26672...999-calls-reporting-childrens-author-missing/

There's two changes of appointment that day.Helen's solicitor appointment and IS's doctors appointment,though they're cancelled at different times.

I've just had a quick look at Helen's private Facebook page and a couple of things really stand out to me. On April 1 she asked if anyone local knew of a "really good and quick conveyancing solicitor". Her last post was on Sunday April 10, about Aston Martin vintage cars. The last thing she wrote was a comment on Monday April 11 at 10.09am. A friend wrote a comment at 11.41am which Helen neither replied to, nor "liked", which is most out of character for her. The chat was definitely Helen's style, I cannot see IS being able to impersonate her.

Just reading that back and look what I did? Refer to her in the present tense???? Completely subconscious .. yet IS talked about her in the past. Hmmm ...

Are you friended with her on FB? I cannot see these posts, but I'm not connected to the account.

Yes, we were friends since Feb 2011 when her husband died. My late husband died in October 2010.

I've just had a quick look at Helen's private Facebook page and a couple of things really stand out to me. On April 1 she asked if anyone local knew of a "really good and quick conveyancing solicitor". Her last post was on Sunday April 10, about Aston Martin vintage cars. The last thing she wrote was a comment on Monday April 11 at 10.09am. A friend wrote a comment at 11.41am which Helen neither replied to, nor "liked", which is most out of character for her. The chat was definitely Helen's style, I cannot see IS being able to impersonate her.

Thanks, that's handy to know.

I realise it's a different Department/hospital but it struck me the first time that it was a long wait-people often chase the consultant or his/her secretary.

I think this image I popped on here yesterday during those god-awful hours of drivel from IS maybe stuck in your mind. He already had a full belly.......... but still wanted more:
14676710_346108262424300_2319359911244333056_n.jpg

I think I've done this right. I thought you would like to see the pencil that John Bailey and Fraser Dyer left for everyone at Helen's Memorial service in November so that we could write individual thoughts for her parents as they are too frail to travel.

Attachments

• 15871649_10154352582204397_282129200481367719_n.jpg
    15871649_10154352582204397_282129200481367719_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 54
I think I've done this right. I thought you would like to see the pencil that John Bailey and Fraser Dyer left for everyone at Helen's Memorial service in November so that we could write individual thoughts for her parents as they are too frail to travel.

oh god bless her. We have lost a truly remarkable woman x

I thought it was a longish wait - even allowing for the Easter week end, which might have caused a small delay - but Hunkerdown knew Helen and she has confirmed that IS only got the news in a phone call on the morning of April 5.

Unless of course IS pretended to get the call on that morning and then announced it to Helen -but had in fact been told the previous week.

Yes I also wondered when the battered old Mondeo became a shiny new BMW.
But ,as we know, IS was not without a bean ( literally ) so maybe he did buy it for himself ( or leased it ) because he thought he had to impress Helen. Not that I think Helen would have been in any way bothered, genuine folk are not, but of course in ISs mind he no doubt considered it to be important.

There was a comment on his testimony somewhere about buying an automatic to make it easier for H to drive, but in the end she only drove a BMW a couple of times or WTTE. I'll try to fish it out and edit it in here if no one has picked this up already.

ETA:

12:13 (8th Feb)
"She was quite scared of driving in Royston"

“Helen got a Fiat 500 car. She was quite scared of driving in Royston.

“She was scared stiff of coming to see me in Bassingbourn.

“We got an automatic car, but in the end Helen only drove the BMW twice.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...yston-11-April-2016-5&p=13127853#post13127853

No mention of who bought it but he makes it sound like it was a joint decision. I'm guessing a lease/hire purchase from the joint account but it is just a guess.

It's at the 12:13 update on that day's live feed: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-trial-partner-ian-12573132

I think the press are gearing up for a release of programmes on this, several people have been contacted to give Helen's "back story" since IS started his ravings. We all made a pact we would not do that, to preserve her memory. At least not until the guilty verdict is given. I "defriended" IS on Facebook when he was charged as I really don't want anything to do with him, even if ... God forbid ... he is found innocent. At the Memorial service John Bailey again asked everyone not to talk, but I don't think I've been disloyal by correcting facts that are wrong on this website. I would never talk to the press, I talk to you guys instead - but try to be very careful in what I say x

What a lovely thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member