GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Michelle. Was it a complete surprise to him that they had found and were going to parade this duo?

[FONT=&amp]T: The sale of the flat in the north could wait, couldn’t it?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]S: It certainly could but we would have lost the buyer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]T: You could have found another one[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]S: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]T: That was her flat, her decision, not yours[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]S: It was our decision[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]T: it was her decision, her money[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Just look at the way he claims entitlement to what isn't his. Even arguing when he is clearly corrected. [/FONT]

Didn't he say you could park a BMW on that pool cover? What on earth did the police do to it?!

I could understand him being upset about an ornament if it was a favourite of Helen's, but only if he was actually upset about Helen herself.

I can't believe he said that he thought the police were lying about finding Helen's body, nor that he tried to explain the nature of a defence statement to a QC!

[FONT=&quot]T: Was this change of tense in the phone call in any sense significant? ‘We were planning to get married’?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S: No[/FONT]

It's quite obvious his bowel is still working in reverse.

[FONT=&amp]

Just look at the way he claims entitlement to what isn't his. Even arguing when he is clearly corrected. [/FONT]

If my partner was missing and the house was not legally owned by myself...

I don't even need to finish that thought, as none of us would have done anything he did.

The only thing I wonder about is why the rush? Why did he change the SO and try and sell the house so quickly. He just had to wait it out a little while. Why did he do it so soon...? He'd played a long game with the relationship anyway, so why the sudden grasp at all her money within hours of killing her? Do you think there is something financial we don't know about?

Maybe a Joe and Nick he owed money to...? [emoji6] JOKE.

But seriously, I wonder if there was something that was prompting this sudden activity and flurry of transactions. Why not just wait a bit?

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to post here after a very, very long day. Enjoy your evening out for Dinner - and, if possible, try to switch off from the Trial. But I know that isn't easy - for any of us x

I don't even need to finish that thought, as none of us would have done anything he did.

The only thing I wonder about is why the rush? Why did he change the SO and try and sell the house so quickly. He just had to wait it out a little while. Why did he do it so soon...? He'd played a long game with the relationship anyway, so why the sudden grasp at all her money within hours of killing her? Do you think there is something financial we don't know about?

But seriously, I wonder if there was something that was prompting this sudden activity and flurry of transactions. Why not just wait a bit?

Well with regard to the standing order, he had to do it on 11th because it would soon become very apparent to everybody who loved her that she was no longer in communication with anyone.

And the flat sale needed to be progressed because Helen had asked the solicitor to get on with it, and he didn't want to lose the buyer because then HE would have to keep marketing it, presumably with absolutely no authority.

Just look at the way he claims entitlement to what isn't his. Even arguing when he is clearly corrected.

I was going to post about the flat sale questioning but you did it before, and better! That makes the IS mindset beautifully but horribly clear.

These were 2 quick opportunities..and probably the only ones...that he could take to increase his immediate cash flow. Creating a new SO on that day he could pass it off as something Helen had arranged before she went away.
Likewise the flat sale, this was something Helen had asked him to do on that day.
If he had left it until the Tuesday, he could no longer pretend it was Helens doing.

Ha, it took me so long to type on the only piece of equipment that I can get on line with at the mo, that I see Tortoise has beaten me to it and explained it all far better.

[FONT=&amp]

The 'We' and 'Our' slippage reveals his true relationship with himself and with Helen. Possessions/Money.
He feels it essential to keep the sale of the Gateshead flat going through, in Helen's absence - as he 'wishes' to do something, as if she is missing. And yet fails to follow through in the purchase of the engagement ring, which Helen chose. Revealing his priorities - and that of the fact the ring is no longer needed. (Helen x) But the sale of HER property is.

And whilst on the subject of 'possessions' - the Hare with broken ears was Helen's, obviously!! And the china Duck. Helen would have automatically said - that's a shame - but I can replace them on Insurance.
Worry not over them, despite them being loved and perhaps 'sentimental' ornaments.

IS - wishes to sack the cleaning help of Helen's and freak out about the Police investigating the loss of Helen, who PERHAPS happen to knock over a china Duck - and yet he can kill Helen's most treasured 'possession' of Boris. And her own life!!!

@Alyce & @Tortoise

But why the sudden need for more cash flow? 2k every month with bills being taken care of by the money going into the joint account etc. Yes, he's greedy, but it serves his plan much better to wait until everything comes to him in the will / power of attorney at a later stage when the heat is off.

Did he genuinely think that no one would really look into it?

Either there was something that he needed cash for immediately (perhaps a loss to his own income somehow) or........ and this is most probable IMO: he literally thought he could just say she had gone walkabouts and everyone would go "oh, ok then". I just wondered if there were any theories on the need for immediate cash side of things.

D**k

ETA ^ that bit was aimed at IS. Not at you two reprobates [emoji23][emoji8]

Honest to God if I hear him use the phrase 'in any way' or 'in many ways' again - get a thesaurus you amoeba!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not forgetting 'to be honest'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]

What an arrogant **** face , unbelievable [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Alyce & @Tortoise

But why the sudden need for more cash flow? 2k every month with bills being taken care of by the money going into the joint account etc. Yes, he's greedy, but it serves his plan much better to wait until everything comes to him in the will / power of attorney at a later stage when the heat is off.

Did he genuinely think that no one would really look into it?

Either there was something that he needed cash for immediately (perhaps a loss to his own income somehow) or........ and this is most probable IMO: he literally thought he could just say she had gone walkabouts and everyone would go "oh, ok then". I just wondered if there were any theories on the need for immediate cash side of things.

D**k

ETA ^ that bit was aimed at IS. Not at you two reprobates [emoji23][emoji8]

BIB the Will would not come into force until Helen was legally declared dead. 7 long years.

LPAs ( or any kind of POA ) dont work when a person is missing.

So he had to get his hands on as much extra cash as he could asap because his next opportunity would be a long, long way in the future.
Unless of course the new partnership proposal becomes law, but that has not happened yet.

I agree, his biggest mistake was in thinking that people would just say, oh Helen's gone off to be on her own. Fair enough, no problem and carry on as normal.
Plus he clearly did not understand POAs.

BIB the Will would not come into force until Helen was legally declared dead. 7 long years.

So he had to get his hands on as much extra cash as he could asap because his next opportunity would be a long, long way in the future.
Unless of course the new partnership proposal becomes law, but that has not happened yet.

I agree, his biggest mistake was in thinking that people would just say, oh Helen's gone off to be on her own. Fair enough, no problem and carry on as normal.

After that solid, clear answer, the reprobate label has been repealed. [emoji23]

Thank you!

My response to today in the court of St Albans doesn't have the detection of the brilliant Websleuthers who keep us 'on record' every step of the way. And we all thank you for this.

I am thinking, where IS just MAY have thought on Thursday (9th February) how clever he was in the Witness stand ..brushed his cloak of gold, which he has around him for protection against his own self-loathing* (taken from the Risen Bishop) and my own view of his inadequacies within his life.
When we have to boast - there is either a fragile Ego wishing to prove oneself in words - a larger Ego demonstrates power, physically. (Stay with me x)
IS has driven his own life, without authority of conscience. He has always wanted to be MORE than he was and is - and in losing control of his own ambitions (to be a spectacular student and inventor (not a pun!) - he tried to raise his own stakes of control. Diane, bless you, we may not ever know how your life ended but it is written by your sister, Wendy? 'Tragic day of your loss'.
In language - I am sure we feel the same, every Death is a loss - and a tragedy in our lives - but a tragic death is something else. (My Mum died within 20 minutes - got up in the morning, was going to have a shower, and fell back on her bed with a Pulmory Embolism - and that was not 'tragic' - it was death by Natural Causes.
He - the murdering one - is in the fix of Strimmer now - caught without a way out.
I LOVE Strimmer - I love his trick of clever language, just as Helen would appreciate - defeat on language, and
catch the deceiver, the deluder, the murder .. well done Mr Strimmer, I could hug you for your justice for Helen and Boris x

I had to miss a lot of this afternoon but have now caught up. Thank you to everyone who keeps this story up-to-date.

I am confused a little about Helen's phones. We learned at the beginning of this trial that she had two iPhones both of which were in use, I think. Have both been accounted for?

Thank you for all the updates and insights. It's so sad that a beautiful soul has gone and the world has been left with that godawful goondick.

I'm not convinced that greed was entirely his motive, I have a niggling feeling that it was to do with them both being widowed but it was Helen who seemingly was getting both attention and rewarded for her grief whereas he wasn't getting anywhere near as much and yet he was grieving AND sickly. I think the catalyst was him getting the 'all clear' as he could no longer trump that special attention he craved.

Helen had such a wonderful way with words, she was warm and engaging and she was attentive and affectionate towards her followers, all things that came naturally to her yet appear to be alien to IS. Helen said herself that reliving her husbands death and reflecting on their marriage for the launch of her book (around October 2015?) was traumatic and painful and no doubt she will have received a heck of a lot of support over this. I think that living with Helen whilst she was researching, writing and promoting her book will have opened wounds for IS yet he felt left out and possibly pushed out as he was unable to gain the kind of supportive attention Helen was getting. From what i've heard of his performance in court he paints himself to be a weak man who gets pushed about and thumped, I don't think he was ever emotionally strong enough to support himself never mind Helen as well. I also think he enjoyed the attention he got when he was supposed to have cancer and that this in turn gave him an 'excuse' to be weak and keep the focus on his wants and needs, when the growth turned out to be nothing sinister his trump card had gone.

I can't help but wonder that if IS could have articulated his feelings effectively that Helen would have bent over backwards to make him happy. I get the impression that she overlooked his inadequacies and saw him as her saviour, he simply made her happy and for that she adored him. I don't know if he's a psychopath, a sociopath or a footpath but he's an absolute idiot and if this week is an example of how his mind works then he's clearly bonkers too.

It's none of my business but I really want to know why he did it, why he killed such a kind hearted lady and her lovely innocent dog. I've never followed a case before so I don't know, but do you think we'll ever find out, if not from him from someone else who may have an idea?

Why not wait till Helen had completed on the sale of the flat though instead of killing her right before it was all finalised? Likewise why not change the standing order while she was still alive , even doing it the night before would be less suspicious than doing it when he did. With the flat he seems to have stalled Helen from going to the solicitors at least once(when he cancelled as she was asleep/drugged), maybe twice if it was him that cancelled on the day she died too.

Thank you for all the updates and insights. It's so sad that a beautiful soul has gone and the world has been left with that godawful goondick.

I'm not convinced that greed was entirely his motive, I have a niggling feeling that it was to do with them both being widowed but it was Helen who seemingly was getting both attention and rewarded for her grief whereas he wasn't getting anywhere near as much and yet he was grieving AND sickly. I think the catalyst was him getting the 'all clear' as he could no longer trump that special attention he craved.

Helen had such a wonderful way with words, she was warm and engaging and she was attentive and affectionate towards her followers, all things that came naturally to her yet appear to be alien to IS. Helen said herself that reliving her husbands death and reflecting on their marriage for the launch of her book (around October 2015?) was traumatic and painful and no doubt she will have received a heck of a lot of support over this. I think that living with Helen whilst she was researching, writing and promoting her book will have opened wounds for IS yet he felt left out and possibly pushed out as he was unable to gain the kind of supportive attention Helen was getting. From what i've heard of his performance in court he paints himself to be a weak man who gets pushed about and thumped, I don't think he was ever emotionally strong enough to support himself never mind Helen as well. I also think he enjoyed the attention he got when he was supposed to have cancer and that this in turn gave him an 'excuse' to be weak and keep the focus on his wants and needs, when the growth turned out to be nothing sinister his trump card had gone.

I can't help but wonder that if IS could have articulated his feelings effectively that Helen would have bent over backwards to make him happy. I get the impression that she overlooked his inadequacies and saw him as her saviour, he simply made her happy and for that she adored him. I don't know if he's a psychopath, a sociopath or a footpath but he's an absolute idiot and if this week is an example of how his mind works then he's clearly bonkers too.

It's none of my business but I really want to know why he did it, why he killed such a kind hearted lady and her lovely innocent dog. I've never followed a case before so I don't know, but do you think we'll ever find out, if not from him from someone else who may have an idea?

From past experience on here we never really do find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21