GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;831102672870731780]https://twitter.com/TaraCoxCN/status/831102672870731780[/video]

ETA: I love this photo :(

Good question!

These are all good questions from Trimmer. He's retelling the story for the jury's benefit, taking them on a journey, inviting them to discern how preposterous and beyond belief Stewart's story is. Whilst doing this, he is using the age old cross examiner's technique of asking questions which are actually statements that constantly invite the accused to agree he is a liar.

He's astute enough to keep asking apparently benign questions that Stewart can manipulate with an easy reposte which reveal Stewart's aggressive and contrary nature.

Trimmer, like a good preacher wanting to get his message across, will tell the jury what he's going to tell them, he will then tell them that story as he is doing right now and in summing up during his closing statement he will succinctly and devastatingly tell them what he has just told them.

This is brilliant stuff from the QC Trimmer!

Can you see the strands coming together in a steel rope now? The jury will be hanging on Trimmer's every word and the responses from IS.

Trimmer is using very different tactics today - a barrage of questions - going for the jugular.

Is there a reason Trimmer has not yet, after IS saying he thought Helen would see texts, that he has already said her phone was in his back pocket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just expecting him to say "Are we finished? I'm getting hungry".

[video=twitter;831103807971065857]https://twitter.com/katebradbrook/status/831103807971065857[/video]

But YOU had her phone you absolute c*ckwomble!

These are all good questions from Trimmer. He's retelling the story for the jury's benefit, taking them on a journey, inviting them to discern how preposterous and beyond belief Stewart's story is. Whilst doing this, he is using the age old cross examiner's technique of asking questions which are actually statements that constantly invite the accused to agree he is a liar.

He's astute enough to keep asking apparently benign questions that Stewart can manipulate with an easy reposte which reveal Stewart's aggressive and contrary nature.

Trimmer, like a good preacher wanting to get his message across, will tell the jury what he's going to tell them, he will then tell them that story as he is doing right now and in summing up during his closing statement he will succinctly and devastatingly tell them what he has just told them.

This is brilliant stuff from the QC Trimmer!

And IS's"You've already asked me that twice" just reinforces the fact that IS has just agreed twice that he lied.

[FONT=&amp]10:49[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Helen lie 'created itself' - Stewart

T: You were creating a background story that would eventually settle down and you could take control of the money S: This wasn’t my plan, as there was no plan. The lie [about Helen leaving] created itself.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12595743

[/FONT]

The lie about Helen leaving 'created itself'. So IS isn't even responsible for his own lies, they create themselves!

Sounds like he's getting rattled today - tighten the thumbscrews Mr Trimmer!

Many thanks for all the updates Tortoise and NetEd....my internet connection has been on and off since last night more times than a youknowwhatsit !!

It's working at the mo so am just catching up and will try and pitch in if I can find any more reports

Many thanks for all the updates Tortoise and NetEd....my internet connection has been on and off since last night more times than a youknowwhatsit !!

Working at the mo so am just catching up and will try and pitch in if I can find any more reports

I need to nip out to the village to pay for a heating oil delivery and grab some provisions, but will try to do it during the lunch adjournment. This is the first time I've done live udpates so I hope I am doing it right. I figure just paste everything I see and let you all decide what is valuable and what is not. Even if it's repetitious of Tara's updates.

I've got a dodgy internet too, it's LTE and if the wind blows a tree into my line of sight I go very slow lol. Seems to be coping ok the last few windy days though.

[FONT="]11:17[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT="][h=3]Stewart admits Helen hadn't gone anywhere[/h]T: Helen hadn’t gone anywhere of her free will at all had she?
S: No
T: She hadn’t wished to be anywhere else, she wasn’t looking for space and time
S: No, but at the time my mind was totally screwed
T: No, at this time your mind was working perfectly well. This is you continuing the lie that she’d gone, that it was her choice to go, and that you were respecting her wishes.
Stewart doesn’t answer.
[/FONT]

Yep, and your mind is still screwed - matter of fact, you're screwed too. You're going down buddy, bigtime.

And now it's Tony Hurley's fault too ....

Why did you not speak to Tony Hurley about it?
S: That was my plan, that’s what I tried to do, I failed because he wasn’t in his office that day.

I'm wracking my brain on the judge's legal matter... probably a point of law. It's quite significant if he adjourns the court and sends the jury out. It must be something that no-one except the legal teams can be privy to but I imagine IS will still be there to hear the discussion. I'm hoping he's going to say "look this idiot is banged to rights, how about telling him to change his plea to guillty and let us all go home."

I shall look forward to Tortoise's view on the following. Very telling that he said "This wasn't my plan" before adding "As there was no plan". Important slip of the tongue methinks.

10:49
Helen lie 'created itself' - Stewart

T: You were creating a background story that would eventually settle down and you could take control of the money

S: This wasn’t my plan, as there was no plan. The lie [about Helen leaving] created itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member