GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alyce - thank you so much for the updates.

I wish that "man" also had to face a charge in relation to the cruelty he inflicted on poor Boris.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 1m1 minute ago

#helenbailey Prosecution claim defendant rang parents on day he killed HB to make sure they didn't turn up unexpectedly

Mother knew Helen Bailey was not well, prosecutor says

“Helen’s mother knew she wasn’t well. The point is Helen spoke to her mother about sleeping during the day. Why? “If she’s taking the sleeping tablets herself why would speak to her mum about that? Nonsense. Stewart went to the doctor to get this Zopiclone in January. He was unwell, he wasn’t sleeping. He wanted a strong dose of a sleeping tablet. “He said ‘I go home, I show it to Helen Bailey, who immediately says to me you can’t take that’. “Did he go back to the doctor the next day? Did he say ‘you gave me the Zopiclone I asked for and had twice previously without difficulty, but I need another sleeping tablet now, these are no good’? He didn’t go back to the doctor, because this didn’t happen. “She didn’t confiscate them and where they went we don’t know. There is no evidence of the finding of the drugs packet.”

Cess pit hiding place for body had stuck with Stewart
“The words the cess pit ‘would be a good place to hide a body’ those words stuck, when this long plan was thought of. “The difficulty in taking bodies somewhere else is that it’s very difficult to avoid electronic footprint, prying eyes, people wondering what you’re doing. “All those are difficult. But your own garage, a deep well full of excrement and gravity assisted, is exactly that - a good place to hide a body.”

Stewart's parents' unexpected visit
“On April 4 there is a gap in Helen’s internet activity. There is a bigger period on April 8. “The Crown say that April 8 might have been the right time when Helen was stupefied and death could have taken place that day. except for this. “This defendant’s parents unexpectedly came round. “On April 11 when she was killed, there were phone calls from this defendant to his parents, to determine whether the same might happen again, whether they were going to come round that afternoon. “This is a deep laid long plan, and he wouldn’t want his parents disturbing what he was doing.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

BBM Really? I must have missed this bit, even more damning

There was some mention of it, I think in an article after the daily updates.He mentioned calling his parents. Although I think the call to his parents was probably after he'd already killed Helen.

the call I remember is after Nick has been round and given him a good kicking ........so that would be 4.45pm ish....

after which IS jumps up, phones his parents, chats to Oliver and nips out to bowls

BIB, no I don't think so - I think they just mean that he rang them to ensure they wouldn't come round when he was doing all the 'after' bits.

Ah just realised. If they did turned up, even after he'd put her into the cess pit, it would blow his plan of saying Helen was there alive and well if they turned up and found that she wasn't there at all and that IS was on his own.

Prosecutor questions why attempts to change standing order were made

“Stewart’s account is that they had to do some decoration, and the cost was about £4,000, so why a new standing order? “Why a repetition every month of £4,000? Why is he doing that? “When those two attempts fail, the final one is successful, one to alter an existing standing order. But why would Helen be persistently trying to change this to £4,000?”

Money would have made Stewart 'confortable'
“The defendant has to plan for what’s happening. What is going to happen if he kills Helen. “It’s going to be a while, probably months, before he can touch her money. “So a relatively modest change to a standing order is going to go unnoticed, he’s going to be comfortable until the whole thing has settled down. “It’s about little over twice than he was receiving ordinarily, and there is no explanation for it. “It was not to pay for the decoration.”

Stewart 'tripped up' by chair lie - prosecutor

sorry I think Tara has mis posted here - different header but the info is the same as the previous post

There was some mention of it, I think in an article after the daily updates.He mentioned calling his parents. Although I think the call to his parents was probably after he'd already killed Helen.

I agree but nothing was said about checking with his parents whether they were coming round but, thereagain, why would he incriminate himself? Obviously the parents were interviewed and told the police. Damning evidence we have not heard until now and as far as I can see "hangs" him.

Also mooted on here by posters, maybe snoopy? ( sorry if wrong poster)
Anyway this is same as one of the victims in the Malcolm Webster case IIRC, she was about to get more in d-depth tests done.

Ah he may well have watched that programme then as I'm pretty sure a routine test for tiredness wouldnt test for sleeping tablets.

Good work Mr Trimmer - though after my Zopiclone-in-tea experiment, I don't believe for a second he put the tablets in her scrambled egg. It absolutely does have a bitter taste immediately it enters your mouth. I feel very sure IS was doctoring her tablets - vitamin and probably paracatemol too.

Glad the pros are putting some of Helen's own words from her book into the evidence. Her devotion to IS shines out in her 'Bikinis' book - this will show how she was utterly duped and her love and trust betrayed in the worst way imaginable. Pips - your input here has always been entirely appropriate and I thank you for sharing your thoughts as a friend of Helen's you remind us of the deeply personal tragedy for herself and everyone who loved her.

How in this world will the defense get up and spout the ridiculous Nijoe abduction.....whaaaaa

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 4m4 minutes ago

#helenbailey Prosecution "This is a deep-laid long plan, he wouldn't want his parents disturbing what he (IS) was doing

#helenbailey Prosecution: "This is the mind of a man whose long plan is poisoning, murder & disposal

the call I remember is after Nick has been round and given him a good kicking ........so that would be 4.45pm ish....

after which IS jumps up, phones his parents, chats to Oliver and nips out to bowls

But I think he must have called earlier too as Mr T is saying he called them to make sure they weren't coming and his plan could go ahead. His plan started on the morning so surely he needed to make sure early on they wouldn't be calling round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bank account changes made on on Stewart's computer

“He flatly denies that he altered Helen’s Barclays account, and that Helen must have done it. “But he’s asleep in the chair, in front of the computer. “So has she decided to do the decorations and changed the standing order sitting on his lap, on his computer? “The changes to the standing order are made on his computer, not hers. “His windows 10 machine. When that windows 10 machine is examined, the browsing history that would have showed Barclays access is gone. “There comes a limit to the idea of coincidence, doesn’t there? “The activity logs in the computer have disappeared as well. It may be that Windows 10 has disposed of the activity itself. “A horrible coincidence if that’s the case. “Of course you know Stewart is a computer engineer, he knows about computers.”

Prosecutor questions why attempts to change standing order were made

“Stewart’s account is that they had to do some decoration, and the cost was about £4,000, so why a new standing order? “Why a repetition every month of £4,000? Why is he doing that? “When those two attempts fail, the final one is successful, one to alter an existing standing order. But why would Helen be persistently trying to change this to £4,000?”

Money would have made Stewart 'confortable'
“The defendant has to plan for what’s happening. What is going to happen if he kills Helen. “It’s going to be a while, probably months, before he can touch her money. “So a relatively modest change to a standing order is going to go unnoticed, he’s going to be comfortable until the whole thing has settled down. “It’s about little over twice than he was receiving ordinarily, and there is no explanation for it. “It was not to pay for the decoration.”

Glad hes pointed out that 4k was double his normal income

Ah he may well have watched that programme then as I'm pretty sure a routine test for tiredness wouldnt test for sleeping tablets.

We spent so long on trying to determine the final trigger for him and yet it could be exactly as Trimmer says - fear of doctors and a test. ( He had been relying on her usual reluctance to go to docs)

Bank account changes made on on Stewart's computer

“He flatly denies that he altered Helen’s Barclays account, and that Helen must have done it. “But he’s asleep in the chair, in front of the computer. “So has she decided to do the decorations and changed the standing order sitting on his lap, on his computer? “The changes to the standing order are made on his computer, not hers. “His windows 10 machine. When that windows 10 machine is examined, the browsing history that would have showed Barclays access is gone. “There comes a limit to the idea of coincidence, doesn’t there? “The activity logs in the computer have disappeared as well. It may be that Windows 10 has disposed of the activity itself. “A horrible coincidence if that’s the case. “Of course you know Stewart is a computer engineer, he knows about computers.”

Love it.:happydance:

Sightings of Helen Bailey 'wrong' - Crown
“The Crown say the sightings of Helen are inaccurate, or wrong. “The first witness was of dog Helen walking, and there is that gap in her internet activity which would give time for Helen to walk the dog. “There may have been an occasion when she went walking the dog. That was one of the things she did in the early part of the morning.”

Evidence shows Stewart 'murdered Helen' - prosecutor says
“The second witness is a group, the mother and daughter, and we were not able to test what the daughter had to say. “That has the sighting of the dog walking later in the day. “People looking through net curtains for a short space of time...the Crown say this sighting of Helen is wrong. “The rest of the evidence demonstrates that this defendant murdered Helen. “All of the other evidence will lead you this conclusion at pretty much that time [of the sighting]. “If that’s right, then this sighting must be wrong.”

Witnesses who thought they saw Helen 'were wrong'
“No doubt well meaning people who thought they’d seen Helen were looking to help police to find her. “But they were wrong. “The third witness was well meaning, well intentioned, but wrong. “She first thought her sighting of Helen was 11am, then 4pm in the afternoon. “She says she used the car on this day because it was raining. “At 3pm thereabouts we see that this defendant was at Royston waste disposal site, it was not raining. “The woman said she couldn’t remember the last time she had driven to Royston. “Well meaning, but wrong.”

Like his little asides to the jury, appealing to their common sense
eg.

“There comes a limit to the idea of coincidence, doesn’t there?

and visualising the scenarios- HB sat on sleeping IS's lap to operate his computer - these little things will stick in their mind.

Do you think I'll finally have my weird need for a reason to the Tesco incident? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We spent so long on trying to determine the final trigger for him and yet it could be exactly as Trimmer says - fear of doctors and a test. ( He had been relying on her usual reluctance to go to docs)
And fear that he was going to have to fork out 14k for the rings and it seems that despite him saying they weren't going to use Brocket Hall, Helen was still looking at Brocket Hall online shortly before her online activity stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste