GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'showed a tiff between lovers' rather than a riff, I suppose. (Cambridge News)

Prosecutor says Helen Bailey wanted to provide for Stewart
“Helen was so worried about his financial circumstances, that Stewart wouldn’t have to pay for the inheritance tax, so she took out a policy that if she died, there was sufficient money to pay the inheritance tax. “Ms Bailey was sufficiently taken by Stewart to make sure Stewart was sufficiently provided for.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

excellent, knocks the defences claim that he'd have been financially better off to do it after they married, right out of the water

good

he has described a scenario of some Zop look exactly like basic paracetamol which was evident from the photos of the UK drug varieties we had on here.

as well as the obvious scrambled egg scenario and the issue about metallic after tastes

What a relief it is to hear Mr Trimmer's lucid account after all the rubbish.

Mother knew Helen Bailey was not well, prosecutor says

“Helen’s mother knew she wasn’t well. The point is Helen spoke to her mother about sleeping during the day. Why? “If she’s taking the sleeping tablets herself why would speak to her mum about that? Nonsense. Stewart went to the doctor to get this Zopiclone in January. He was unwell, he wasn’t sleeping. He wanted a strong dose of a sleeping tablet. “He said ‘I go home, I show it to Helen Bailey, who immediately says to me you can’t take that’. “Did he go back to the doctor the next day? Did he say ‘you gave me the Zopiclone I asked for and had twice previously without difficulty, but I need another sleeping tablet now, these are no good’? He didn’t go back to the doctor, because this didn’t happen. “She didn’t confiscate them and where they went we don’t know. There is no evidence of the finding of the drugs packet.”

Cess pit hiding place for body had stuck with Stewart
“The words the cess pit ‘would be a good place to hide a body’ those words stuck, when this long plan was thought of. “The difficulty in taking bodies somewhere else is that it’s very difficult to avoid electronic footprint, prying eyes, people wondering what you’re doing. “All those are difficult. But your own garage, a deep well full of excrement and gravity assisted, is exactly that - a good place to hide a body.”

Stewart's parents' unexpected visit
“On April 4 there is a gap in Helen’s internet activity. There is a bigger period on April 8. “The Crown say that April 8 might have been the right time when Helen was stupefied and death could have taken place that day. except for this. “This defendant’s parents unexpectedly came round. “On April 11 when she was killed, there were phone calls from this defendant to his parents, to determine whether the same might happen again, whether they were going to come round that afternoon. “This is a deep laid long plan, and he wouldn’t want his parents disturbing what he was doing.”

Exactly. If it was true that he knew she'd taken it on two occasions some time ago then why woud he think to menion it when he knew there was going to be a pathologists report.It's almost like he knew she had taken it right before she died and that it would show up in tests...

And he would have also have been v familiar with the inquest and toxicolo procedures from 2010 when DLem died, he will have read the full Coroner's report

BTW Can't remember now if this was the period they were still washing the liver samples with a product that makes subtle drug testing hard ( need to check my bookmarks folder) but it does beg the question: was he more confident as the Lem inquest tests had found nothing? ( We'll soon find out if this is just our suspicious minds on WS)

Increasing quantities of drug given to Helen
“Ms Bailey was given Zopiclone. She was having drugs ingested into her system in increasing concentration. “It doesn’t build up in her system, but the concentrations are increasing up to the point where she dies. “The suggestion that will be floated is that she took these drugs herself. “Why would she be taking them in increasing concentration? “That is the curious nonsense, especially you remember the evidence about how she felt. “Why would you bother talking to your mother about feeling very sleepy. if at the same time you are taking increasing concentrations of sleeping tablets? Bizarre nonsense. “This defendant had had Zopiclone prescribed to him on two separate occasions, he knew perfectly well the effects of that drug.”

Drug could have been put in scrambled egg
“Not only was there Zopiclone in Helen’s system but paracetamol. But what do those tablets look like? Ordinary tablets? Was he saying ‘got a headache love, want some paracetamol?’ “In addition, Stewart did cook Ms Bailey breakfast. “The result of taking Zopiclone is not that it tastes bad, but once you have ingested it the saliva has a metallic taste. “But it’s not the tablet that’s tasting bad or sharp, it’s the side effect. “There is nothing unreasonable in the notion that Stewart could have put Zopiclone in Helen’s scrambled egg.”

Absolutely brilliant.

Especially that it was proved she was taking it in increasing quantities at the same time that she was worrying why she was so tired.

Pips, just a note to agree with the sentiments shared already. We had someone early on who came on and told us we shouldn't be posting in a certain way. They left the site very quickly, but I definitely felt there was a sense that the widows group felt they 'owned' part of Helen, as you describe. I suppose because they know Ian also and are part of something integral to their meeting etc. etc.....

But I am positive Helen's family would not be offended by our posts or by our constant respect of Helen and Boris.

My signature says: “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

I will not be quiet. I will not stop trying to help find the truth. I realise I most likely make no difference, but imagine if just once I did make a difference.

I'll risk the ire of others for that.

and gravity assisted,

excellent choice of words there

I don’t recall this. Did I miss it? I thought I had caught up. "The same might happen" referred to his parents' unexpected visit when Helen was obvious drugged and didn't appear to greet them.

“On April 11 when she was killed, there were phone calls from this defendant to his parents, to determine whether the same might happen again, whether they were going to come round that afternoon. “This is a deep laid long plan, and he wouldn’t want his parents disturbing what he was doing.”

Stewart 'thwarted once' court told
“This is the mind of a man whose long plan is poisoning, murder and disposal. “He’s been thwarted once possibly on April 4, but on April 8 he’s seen Helen looking why she was falling asleep. “Has he worked out she’s complaining to her mother? “What’s going to be the next thing she does? Pick up the phone to the doctor? “The doctor would do some routine blood tests, and find out that Zopiclone was in her blood. “Stewart couldn’t have that happen could he? He can’t have Helen taking that investigation into why she was sleepy further.”

Impressed with how many times Mr T says it is 'nonsense' utter nonsense, bizarre nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t recall this. Did I miss it? I thought I had caught up.

“On April 11 when she was killed, there were phone calls from this defendant to his parents, to determine whether the same might happen again, whether they were going to come round that afternoon. “This is a deep laid long plan, and he wouldn’t want his parents disturbing what he was doing.”

Ur right, we never had BIB info IB , there was speculation though about thwarted attempts on here.

Re IS call to his parents on April 11 ........ I remember him saying he phoned his parents, in the afternoon - after he'd been duffed up by Nasty Nick .......but are the Pros saying this call was made in the morning ? to ensure all was safe to carry out his plan ?

I don’t recall this. Did I miss it? I thought I had caught up.

I don't recall it either - it's quite a vital piece of evidence too.

Stewart 'on his own' with Helen on April 11

“The plan has to be now. This is a wicked man, the Crown say, and so we have him having to carry on. “On the weekend (April 9/10) there are people round. Friday proved fruitless. Monday (April 11) is looking good, The boys have gone out, he’s on his own with her all day. “That day his evidence is Helen was there in the morning, there up until the point that he goes out. “His evidence is that Helen was home, not out walking the dog.”

Author's electronic footprint changed - prosecutor
“Ms Bailey was actively doing what she was expected her to do. Her life was in internet activity, blogging, tweeting, emailing. “We’re going to see her electronic footprint changing. “It stops. Why? Why by about the middle of the afternoon on April 11 has Helen’s phone been switched off, or the sim card removed? “The Crown suggest the sim card has been removed, as it connected to the wifi at the Broadstairs house later on.”

Stewart was 'trying to create' text history
“We know that between 12.13pm and 3.18pm Helen’s phone is inactive. Why? Her electronic footprint stops, because this defendant has killed her and put her in that cess pit, and has removed the sim card from her phone. “Her electronic activity comes to a sudden, jarring halt. And there is no more activity thereafter. “The only activity thereafter is this defendant cunningly trying to create history in terms of texts as if she was able to access her phone

Helen Bailey was 'almost certainly dead'
“We know that between 12.13pm and 3.18pm Helen’s phone is inactive. Why? Her electronic footprint stops, because this defendant has killed her and put her in that cess pit, and has removed the sim card from her phone. “Her electronic activity comes to a sudden, jarring halt. And there is no more activity thereafter. “The only activity thereafter is this defendant cunningly trying to create history in terms of texts as if she was able to access her phone.”

Re IS call to his parents on April 11 ........ I remember him saying he phoned his parents, in the afternoon - after he'd been duffed up by Nasty Nick .......but are the Pros saying this call was made in the morning ? to ensure all was safe to carry out his plan ?

BIB, no I don't think so - I think they just mean that he rang them to ensure they wouldn't come round when he was doing all the 'after' bits.

“This is the mind of a man whose long plan is poisoning, murder and disposal. “He’s been thwarted once possibly on April 4, but on April 8 he’s seen Helen looking why she was falling asleep. “Has he worked out she’s complaining to her mother? “What’s going to be the next thing she does? Pick up the phone to the doctor? “The doctor would do some routine blood tests, and find out that Zopiclone was in her blood. “Stewart couldn’t have that happen could he? He can’t have Helen taking that investigation into why she was sleepy further.”

Also mooted on here by posters, maybe snoopy? ( sorry if wrong poster)
Anyway this is same as one of the victims in the Malcolm Webster case IIRC, she was about to get more in d-depth tests done.

So he called his parents on the 11th April to check if they were going to be calling round that day. Sneaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t recall this. Did I miss it? I thought I had caught up. "The same might happen" referred to his parents' unexpected visit when Helen was obvious drugged and didn't appear to greet them.

There was some mention of it, I think in an article after the daily updates.He mentioned calling his parents. Although I think the call to his parents was probably after he'd already killed Helen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth