GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many emails does he get about the trial though. I'm sure he won't sit on it.

I've only just understood the significance of Helen being found with no shoes on- BECAUSE SHE WAS AT HOME when she was killed. Remember how IS wanted all visitors to take their shoes off? Unless we are supposed to believe that Helen was just incredibly considerate of the kidnappers' cream carpets?

lifted this poem off is facebook page: He posted it there about 5 years ago. He's good at letting go and moving on...

"to let go isn’t to forget, not to think about it, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride, and its not about how you appear, and it’s not about obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isnt blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish memories, to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind in confidence for the future. Letting go is learning, experiencing, and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up. It is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. To let go is to open a door, to clear a path and let yourself free."

clear at a path and let yourself free?!

bib ..................

I've only just understood the significance of Helen being found with no shoes on- BECAUSE SHE WAS AT HOME when she was killed. Remember how IS wanted all visitors to take their shoes off? Unless we are supposed to believe that Helen was just incredibly considerate of the kidnappers' cream carpets?

Yes I've only noticed her with bare feet in her indoor photos.

Lifted this poem off IS Facebook page: he posted it there about 5 years ago. he's good at letting go and moving on...

"To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about it, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride, and its not about how you appear, and it’s not about obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isnt blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish memories, to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind in confidence for the future. Letting go is learning, experiencing, and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. letting go is growing up. it is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. To let go is to open a door, to clear a path and let yourself free."

Do you think he plagiarised that from elsewhere FPath?

Whats the ratio of widows to widowers on this groups? bet there's not many widowed men really. He's such a faker.
what year? so Diane dies Oct 2010 and he's posting that in 2011!! After that many years of marriage......

Will check the date. Also I think he presents emotions he thinks he should feel not that he feels them. Didn't a witness for prosecution state this? He doesn't show emotions or feel them as most people do etc? So he thanks someone else for this poem and posts it presumably to show he has feelings. Funnily I couldn't copy n paste from his FB page so I googled it and found it on a site for " coping with feelings of anger and resentment"!!!

Lifted this poem off IS Facebook page: he posted it there about 5 years ago. he's good at letting go and moving on...

"To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about it, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride, and its not about how you appear, and it’s not about obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isnt blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish memories, to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind in confidence for the future. Letting go is learning, experiencing, and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. letting go is growing up. it is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. To let go is to open a door, to clear a path and let yourself free."

It's not a poem, really. Just a pious screed of the sort you find on teatowels and tasteless wall-plaques. This inauthenticity is something that's struck a lot of us who felt his writing was like student work, or as Strimmer said, an 11-year-old's (poor) storyline.

Not surprising the defence are trying to shore up the idea that they both loved each other by quoting only from Helen Bailey. But what a nerve. I would hope it will strike the jury the same way.

Thank you all for updates. x

Trimmer is fabulous, he's pulled all the facts together, tied up loose ends, answered some niggles, made very relevant points and asked some rather thought provoking questions, the answers to which point to only one possible outcome. Bottom line is Stewart is the only person who had motive and opportunity.

The defence seemed to be grasping at straws, they had nothing.

On top of all that the jury have got IS's persona and statement(s), memorable for all the wrong reasons. He showed himself to be morally abnormal by saying that Helen rooted around in his dead wife's jewellery box* and watching a game of bowls and munching on a takeaway whilst his 'lover' was being treated how? by those two angry burly men with a penchant for throwing unnecessary punches.

*I've not studied his statement in great depth but it does seem that a hell of a lot of the details he's included where there for a reason, the dark range rover, the £4,000 for the room budget etc. The ring is detail that i've only heard from him, there must be a reason why he included it. I'm wondering if it was in the cesspit and may be shown as evidence, if so his sons may have recognised it. It's only a theory and but it seems he doesn't say anything without having an ulterior motive to say it.

I think I recall him saying he'd effectively been disabled for 19 years? Something about a blue badge driver ? Could be wrong .... But I think along those lines, his first wife was still working until her death tho.

I just passed by that info, I thought she gave up work after a bad seizure but it might be me getting it wrong

here it is
Jamie was born in 1992, when I was still in Cambridge. “That didn’t go smoothly. Diane had had epileptic fits when she was about 16, during the pregnancy of Jamie she had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.”

“Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “The main reason we moved to Bassingbourn was because we wanted more space. I then had less than a five minute drive to work. “We lived in a caravan whilst the house was being built on farmer’s land. “We had to borrow some money to buy the land.”

“During the work on the house I would find myself tired and unable to do anything quicker than my dad. “I realised something was wrong then (1994/95). “Oliver was born the same year, in May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “I started to notice more and more things going wrong with my health. What really bought it to a head is that I was trying to hammer a nail in, and on the third bang my arm just wouldn’t move. “That’s what drove me to go to hospital. I was diagnosed almost instantly with Myasthenia gravis. “It is an auto-immune disease where the body is attacking itself. They gave me steroids. “A week later I was taken into intensive care because of the breathing problems. “The doctor’s don’t know what causes Myasthenia gravis - there is no known cure for it.”

PS His £7 K compo in 1978 was £40k in today's money. Quite a windfall when compensation would've been rare.

Quoting Helen may come back to bite them on the arse, because it only shows up how great his betrayal is.

Do you think he plagiarised that from elsewhere FPath?

Whats the ratio of widows to widowers on this groups? bet there's not many widowed men really. He's such a faker.
what year? so Diane dies Oct 2010 and he's posting that in 2011!! After that many years of marriage......
Interested Bystander has pointed out it's all over the internet on ghastly sites like 'The Love Whisperer'.

Interested Bystander has pointed out it's all over the internet on ghastly sites like 'The Love Whisperer'.

Ah I've only just see IB's post - it was whilst I was pasting up the Full Monty of Trimmer.

I just passed by that info, I thought she gave up work after a bad seizure but it might be me getting it wrong

here it is

PS His £7 K compo in 1978 was £40k in today's money. Quite a windfall when compensation would've been rare.

Diane went back to work at some stage. She was working as a school secretary when she died.

here it is

But wasn't Diane a school secretary at the time of her death? I remember seeing an online reference to her sudden death in a school report, I expect someone here put me on to it.

Snap, Neteditor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member