GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the jurors would be able to read the book extract for themselves, since it was put in their binder only this morning.

Have I let you all down?

With regards to IS work status.
Much of the defendant’s evidence focused on his long-term condition myasthenia gravis. He said that the muscle-weakening disease had caused him to be signed off work since about 1998.
From the Times on the 8th of Feb.

Having had a think, I wondered if he had a combination of sickness insurance, pension ( he was able legally withdraw from his pension at 55) and benefits.

I thought the jurors would be able to read the book extract for themselves, since it was put in their binder only this morning.

Have I let you all down?

Yes.

You're fired.

:giggle:

Given that IS found the need to lie about whether or not he cooked HB scrambled eggs on that day maybe he was dosing her eggs with Zopiclone. Why else would he change his story if not to hide something important? I can only think to disguise the taste he might have been using something like black pepper or even curry powder to flavour them. Curried scrambled eggs is very tasty but I am not sure about eating them for breakfast. My DH loves heaps of black pepper on his scrambled eggs - would that disguise the bitter taste?

I have also read only 1 in 10 people taste the bitterness in Zopiclone: See under heading "Can Zopiclone Cause Problems"

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...qYnJyjNlEihLqOG8nwunQ&bvm=bv.147134024,bs.1,d.

Have I let you all down?

Not at all! They will read exactly what was written themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that IS found the need to lie about whether or not he cooked HB scrambled eggs on that day maybe he was dosing her eggs with Zopiclone. Why else would he change his story if not to hide something important? I can only think, to disguise the taste he might have been using something like black pepper or even curry powder to flavour them. Curried scrambled eggs is very tasty but I am not sure about eating them for breakfast. My DH loves heaps of black pepper on his scrambled eggs - would that disguise the bitter taste?

I have also read only 1 in 10 people taste the bitterness in Zopiclone: See under heading "Can Zopiclone Cause Problems"

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...qYnJyjNlEihLqOG8nwunQ&bvm=bv.147134024,bs.1,d.
I agree IB that IS camouflaged the taste but I think Helen didn't like spicy food so no curry powder?

Given that IS found the need to lie about whether or not he cooked HB scrambled eggs on that day maybe he was dosing her eggs with Zopiclone. Why else would he change his story if not to hide something important? I can only think, to disguise the taste he might have been using something like black pepper or even curry powder to flavour them. Curried scrambled eggs is very tasty but I am not sure about eating them for breakfast. My DH loves heaps of black pepper on his scrambled eggs - would that disguise the bitter taste?

I can't see it mentioned in that link. Is it that 1 in 10 have the side effect of the aftertaste or can taste the bitterness on the tongue? I know there's some sort of chemical bitterness that not everyone can taste but I can't remember what it is called.

Have I let you all down?

haha No, you've been amazing. x

I actually think that it might be nice if one of the jurors spots that for themselves. It's the kind of thing that being so invested, as no doubt they are, will bring a lump to their throat and make their hair stand on end.

I also think (I think a lot lol) that although it's pretty cut and dry and the outcome is quite obvious that the jurors will have a lot to talk about. No-one likes to be duped or taken for a fool, they will have a lot to share and get off their chest in a cathartic kinda way.

I can't see it mentioned in that link. Is it that 1 in 10 have the side effect of the aftertaste or can taste the bitterness on the tongue? I know there's some sort of chemical bitterness that not everyone can taste but I can't remember what it is called.

That could explain why it was given in increasing quantities. Start off small to see if she noticed the taste and slowly build it up.

Thank you. I didn't know that. Another random theory bites the dust. :thinking:
Ah sorry Interested Bystander. I just googled Helen Bailey and spicy food. During John Bailey's testimony he said that she didn't like heavily spicy food not spicy food. Although John was asked if Helen had a sensitive palate he said he couldn't answer that.

Ah sorry Interested Bystander. I just googled Helen Bailey and spicy food. During John Bailey's testimony he said that she didn't like heavily spicy food not spicy food. Although John was asked if Helen had a sensitive palate he said he couldn't answer that.

Her mum said she had IBS and knew what set her off.

Poor Helen, the murder not only took her life but so much of her dignity. She wrote that she and JS didn't even share a basin yet the trial has publicly shared the ailments she'd been to the GP with, private thoughts about IS' sons and girlfriend, even the description of how her body was found and how her organs appeared at post mortem. I'm glad all this will be put to bed soon.

I think you must be querying Artis cheese, Cherwell - is that right? I shall quote Helen when I pop upstairs to find her book.

OK - Having lost two pages of Helen's words within 'AND NOW chapter .. I shall just highlight the cheese reference.
Page 397 - 1st Para

'Having seen a very expensive piece of vintage 'artisan' cheddar being slapped between two slices of Mighty White and rammed in the toaster, I now buy mega blocks of plastic cheese, as no one (but me) seems to notice the difference.

No I think it covers only bitterness/metallic taste after taking it. Just swallowing Zopiclone, if he gave it to her instead of one of her "health" pills, would not be tasted (most pills have an invisible film over the powder to help it stop breaking up in the mouth). Dolly so kindly proved if it is crushed it is very bitter. Very interesting that all her pills disappeared with her AND no Zopiclone was found at the house. He certainly covered his tracks but his claim that she would only have taken one or two would still have left some of his prescription untaken but he would have had an excuse for that too, no doubt.

I totally agree squamous. It has been a real delve into some incredibly private things.

heres to justice for Helen and Boris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member