GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
200_s.gif

They will be surer than us, having seen the specimen in front of their own eyes and his petulance and the rubbish spewing from his mouth.

and
Jury also have seen and cannot wipe from their mind:

- a practised liar, in depth & full blown continual lies all way til he takes the stand with a changed Defence
- Nick & Joe being wheeled in
- Dog toy in the cesspit pictures
- Stoopid story of travels with N&Joe to Bs, Margate, Royston vs the router connect
- all too familiar and thus credible tale of women of a certain age being preyed on for £ by con men
- IS rushing around searching for "presumption of death and POA" and scrabbling for Ghead house sale
- his implausible video acting and Mhealth worker testimony re feigning tears
- Chinese takeaways on night fiancee goes missing

all incremental damage done by IS and then by Trimmer himself, sinking in over 6 weeks, some of these are almost "multi-sensory" in how they register on jurors' emotions and cannot be un-done by suave and slippery SRF's closing

The thing is if the defence is asking them to consider whether she died from pills and alcohol and that IS panicked and hid her body in the cess pit, he's also telling the jury that IS has stood up and lied through his teeth to them, inventing two imaginary baddies and all the little details and conversations he added to the story. That would make him a liar and a fantasist so why should they believe he's trust worthy "in any way"?

Exactly, and why wouldn't he own up to that as soon as he was charged? It's more believable than the Nick & Joe bollocks.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279

[FONT="]12:13[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT="][h=3]Defence - 'no evidence' to say Helen Bailey died at the house[/h]Simon Russell Flint: “I’m going to ask you where you think Helen died? Are you sure it was in that house? “What evidence is there that you can say for certain? “It really is a question of guessing.
“There’s no evidence, despite searches, police dogs searching every inch of the house, the grounds, there’s no evidence to show you that Helen’s death happened in the house.
“The best the Crown can do is say ‘look that very day Stewart took a duvet to the tip. The duvet must have been used somehow in the killing of Helen’.
[/FONT]

what about the cadaver evidence ?

I hope and pray the judge's summing up will dismiss any doubts cast by the defence ..... And this awful taste in my mouth hearing all this.

thanks as always for the updates and messages x

Tara has "jury will go out soon to consider its verdict" on twitter section for trial-surely a bit "previous" as they used to say?

I think jury will be totally fed up wth all
This by now. Frankly insult to their credulity and will be glad for this case to finally end so they can say Guilty and go home. And I imagine they feel as disgusted as we do.

I have always been bugged as to why the Prosecution did not bring this up during Closing as you will now doubt remember. So now we hear there was no evidence. The question is whether or not SRF is lying and what does it mean if counsel lies?

The thing is if the defence is asking them to consider whether she died from pills and alcohol and that IS panicked and hid her body in the cess pit, he's also telling the jury that IS has stood up and lied through his teeth to them, inventing two imaginary baddies and all the little details and conversations he added to the story. That would make him a liar and a fantasist so why should they believe he's trust worthy "in any way"?

If he is asking them to consider this, then what is he saying, manslaughter?

Sorry I am finding this hard to follow through my hands over my eyes [emoji53]

Sorry edit to add that is stupid of me, manslaughter? No just guilty of concealing body? But what about Boris?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12617279
[FONT=&quot]12:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Stewart's blood account 'the truth'[/h]“The Crown’s case is that Stewart is fit healthy and well and could have done all these physical things, such as carrying a body. “What about the duvet? Is that actually in any way involved in Helen’s death?
Or was Stewart giving a truthful and accurate account that he bled on the duvet cover and really messed it up? “Stewart said that was the case. Preposterous, or actually the truth? “It’s the truth, because it’s confirmed by an independent source.”
[/FONT]

Stats

Prosecution Closing was 2 hrs 45 minutes more or less

Defence - so far - is 2 hrs 20 mins .........and on ....... and on ....... and on

[FONT=&quot]12:24[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Ian 'bleeding on sheets'[/h]“The evidence, from the mother of Helen Bailey’s godchildren Janice Rochester, proves beyond doubt Stewart is telling the truth about the duvet.
“Janice told you she thought on April 6, she had a phone call with Helen, and that Helen said ‘Ian had been bleeding on the bed sheets’. “Isn’t that precisely what Stewart said?
It couldn’t be disposed of before April 11, because he had not been allowed by his surgeon to drive before then.”
[/FONT]

I have always been bugged as to why the Prosecution did not bring this up during Closing as you will now doubt remember. So now we hear there was no evidence. The question is whether or not SRF is lying and what does it mean if counsel lies?

Maybe they thought they could make a tighter case without relying too heavily on that evidence. With Stuart having lost his wife I'm sure he'd come up with some story about keeping the clothes she was wearing or some other bizarre story to explain away the dog.

[FONT=&amp]12:24[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ian 'bleeding on sheets'

“The evidence, from the mother of Helen Bailey’s godchildren Janice Rochester, proves beyond doubt Stewart is telling the truth about the duvet.
“Janice told you she thought on April 6, she had a phone call with Helen, and that Helen said ‘Ian had been bleeding on the bed sheets’. “Isn’t that precisely what Stewart said?
It couldn’t be disposed of before April 11, because he had not been allowed by his surgeon to drive before then.”
[/FONT]

Sheets becomes duvet?

[FONT=&amp]12:24[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ian 'bleeding on sheets'

“The evidence, from the mother of Helen Bailey’s godchildren Janice Rochester, proves beyond doubt Stewart is telling the truth about the duvet.
[/FONT]

You decide when you're ready to drive, not the surgeon.

I know this article or a similar one has been referred to before:

There is a huge difference between knowing someone is guilty and suspecting or believing they're guilty. We work under extremely strict rules of ethics and we're subject to the law. It's obviously unethical and illegal for a lawyer to deceive a court knowingly. If my client tells me he's guilty, I can't say he's innocent in court. I cannot call him to give evidence that I know is false or I would be a party to his perjury.

From https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/jan/07/workandcareers.careers4

Sheets becomes duvet?

Yes, CP - He bled upwards onto the duvet, through the sheets, as well as having defecated upwards through clothing, sheets and right onto the duvet.

Sad times for sexy Ian.

Of course it isn't long enough. I also read details of the injuries to Paige. I wish Life meant life in this country - and that they would do away with 'concurrent' sentences too.

Totally agree, in a case like that Life should mean Life. There's not an expert on the planet can ever guarantee that man will be safe to be released. Not one. When an individual has shown they are capable of a violent crime like that they should forfeit their freedom forever. The rights of the public to be safe should trump an offenders perceived 'right' to freedom somewhere down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper