UK Uk - Irish Sea, Body discovered in fishing nets, Mar'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
_106185128_body3.jpg

A body recovered from the Irish Sea has been brought to Portavogie harbour in County Down by the fishing crew who discovered it in their nets.

The trawler, Elegance, was fishing for prawns near the Isle of Man when the decomposed body became caught.

The boat arrived back in Portavogie early on Tuesday. The crew and skipper are said to be very shocked.

Police and forensic teams examined the boat and removed the body.

A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.

The harbour master, Eddie Robinson, was called to the scene late on Monday night.

"When I came down, there wasn't much I could do other than take care of the crew," he said.

"I brought them down to our rest room, there was heating on for them and I got them settled in for the night.

"These guys live on the boat. They had nowhere else to go. The Fishermen's Mission is looking after them now and they will take good care of them."

Mr Robinson said the skipper of the boat was "badly shaken up" and the crew were shocked and "at sixes and sevens".

He said the boat is operated by a local skipper.

He said he believed most of the crew were from India.

Crew spot body caught in trawler's nets
Thank you for starting this thread HayLouise, I would have started one myself only I've just started posting and wasn't sure how to go about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back