UK UK - Jack the Ripper, London 1888, East End, in and around Whitechapel District UNSOLVED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My Ripper Last "Man" Club:

1>1861-1946: William West-The last person who'd testified at JtR victim inquest (Stride).

2>1863-1947: Walter Dew-The last detective involved in the Ripper case.

3>1862-1951: William Smith-The last policeman to see a canonical victim's body at the crime scene (Stride).

4>1868-1953: Amelia Brown-The last escaped JtR victim (alleged). She claimed that a man she took to be the Ripper tried to lasso her as she walked by the London Hospital wall in 1888.

5>1865-1954: James Stockley-The last policeman to be involved in the case while the murders were ongoing.

6>1865-1960: Dr. Denis Halsted-The last person who, in any way, could be considered a Ripper suspect.

7>1880-1964: Annie Tapper-The last (alleged) witness. She claimed she sold grapes to a man, who might have been JtR, for Stride on the night of her murder.

8>1870-1970: Lewis Keaton-The last policeman involved in the Ripper case while the investigation was still active. He joined the force in 1891.

Any additions or corrections?

I first started reading about the heinous JKR crimes in the 1990's. They've definitely become part of popular culture, especially since they never caught the perp.

The Johnny Depp/Heather Graham film From Hell (2001) was an interesting "take" on the crimes/case - though they obviously too some liberties with the details, etc.

The recent Netflix UM segment didn't really shed any new light on this case, though I guess it was good to watch for those who hadn't known much about this previously.

I don't believe that JTR was a crazed killer that was randomly killing people. Instead, he was specifically targeting one segment of the population. Based on the research that I've done re: the case, the following appears plausible:

1) The perp. appeared to have some knowledge of anatomy due to the precision that was made re: the crimes. So, he may have been one of the following: A doctor/a medical student/or, a butcher.

2) Since the perp. specifically targeted s@$ workers, I suspect he had something against them specifically. It's possible that one of them gave him an incurable disease & he hated them all because of this; they didn't have medical cures for many of these diseases back in the late 1800's. Or, he may have been a zealot who hated them because he felt they were "sinners", etc.

Last edited:
My Butcher's Dozen victims and the percentage I think they were likely the Ripper's doing:

1-Annie Chapman-99%
2-Catherine Eddowes-98%
3-Mary Anne Nichols-95%
4-Mary Jane Kelly-90%
5-Elizabeth Stride-80%
6-Alice McKenzie-55%
7-Martha Tabram-45%
8-Emma Smith-40%
9-Frances Coles-30%
10-Annie Millwood-20%
11-Rose Mylett-15%
12-Elizabeth Jackson-10%
13 Carrie Brown-5%

9-Found out by private party who threatened to turn him in.

10-Quelled desire by self-castration.

11-Fell in love and rechanneled desires.

12-Underwent religious conversion.

13-Killed by intended victim.

14-Infected by disease of victim (Eddowes?) and died as a result.

15-Accidentally injured himself in Kelly's room and died as a result.

16-Murdered by rival serial killer (The Thames Torso Murderer).

castration doesn't work because the desire is in their head, not their body (the body only reacts physically to what their brain thinks about)
they would find other ways to assault IMO

I follow a Ripper author and tour guide (Russell Edwards) on FB whose latest book claims to have solved the mystery. He got a hold of a piece of evidence - the shawl - and his investigation led him to a conclusion about who did it.

My Ripper Last "Man" Club:

1>1861-1946: William West-The last person who'd testified at JtR victim inquest (Stride).

2>1863-1947: Walter Dew-The last detective involved in the Ripper case.

3>1862-1951: William Smith-The last policeman to see a canonical victim's body at the crime scene (Stride).

4>1868-1953: Amelia Brown-The last escaped JtR victim (alleged). She claimed that a man she took to be the Ripper tried to lasso her as she walked by the London Hospital wall in 1888.

5>1865-1954: James Stockley-The last policeman to be involved in the case while the murders were ongoing.

6>1865-1960: Dr. Denis Halsted-The last person who, in any way, could be considered a Ripper suspect.

7>1880-1964: Annie Tapper-The last (alleged) witness. She claimed she sold grapes to a man, who might have been JtR, for Stride on the night of her murder.

8>1870-1970: Lewis Keaton-The last policeman involved in the Ripper case while the investigation was still active. He joined the force in 1891.

Any additions or corrections?

[bbm]

what do you mean sold grapes for Stride?

castration doesn't work because the desire is in their head, not their body (the body only reacts physically to what their brain thinks about)
they would find other ways to assault IMO
I agree it didn't work for Ludke. Clarence Richeson did it to himself but didn't live long enough to see if it took. If Boston Corbett was the Ripper, it didn't work for him.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back