GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sophie, Welcome to the forum, I too live in Wales in the UK, although I have been a member a few years I have never posted before, so all new to me, I m just finding my way around.

I was wondering what she bought in Waitrose too, in some news reports it was missed, and yes my daughter can eat a whole pizza, and the cider lol, she never puts an ounce of weight on, and her name is Joanne, we call her Jo, so I feel so sad for this young lady, she had a her whole life to look forward to, and it has been cut short, how very sad for all her family.
R.I.P. Jo.
So Hello to you and everyone.

Hi

I'm a newbie too! Hi to one and all.

I was also wondering what Jo bought in Waitrose. And why visit three shops when everything could have been bought in one place?

Perhaps what Jo bought @ Waitrose is deliberately being withheld by the police - they always do that in murder cases as a means to "trap" the killer.

I too think Jo was preparing for an eveing home alone.

Can't help but think her landlord was snooping around her flat - he helped her b/f fix his car so Jefferies probably thought they were both away - but Jo caught him snooping.

I originally thought it may have been sexual but I don't think so now having read other posts - I think a man such as Jefferies wouldn't be able to live and cope with the shame of being caught...

Welcome to WebSleuths, SophieUK, and, again, welcome to all who've come aboard via this sad thread. You each definitely bring much to this place, and I hope you stick around for other subject-matter too. Your posts are first-rate, full marks.

Daily Telegraph chimed in earlier with this:

Joanna Yeates murder: Christopher Jefferies helped fix car for boyfriend's trip away
The main suspect in the murder of Joanna Yeates helped her boyfriend fix his car for a weekend trip away only hours before the architect vanished, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

Neighbours told how Christopher Jefferies, 65, found jump leads for Greg Reardon to restart his flat battery so he could drive to Sheffield on December 17.

Also,

Neighbours expressed their shock at his arrest. Oliver Cullen used to own two flats in the same building and has known the bachelor for many years.

“I don’t believe for one minute that Chris has done this,” he said. “He would not be physically capable for one thing. He only weighs about 11 stones. He would not have the strength to do something like that.

“He is a nice man. A bit vocal perhaps and certainly rather eccentric, but he was just an old-school teacher really.”

wfgodot,

I completely agree!!

Wow, so awesome to have so many new posters who have such great ideas!! Sgt, you flat out called the case a day before investigators did. Impressive!!

And Liz, I've got to say that I completely agree with you....even if you were halfheartedly joking. I think he's a control freak....and they weren't 'cutting it' with 'his' house. Both Jo and Greg were described as being very messy. I can see him hiding there in her house...disgusted as he watched her sit down on the couch and drink cider in 'all of that filth'.
I feel that this was NOT supposed to happen.....that C.J. initially intended only to snoop around the apartment while Greg AND Jo were out of town....but *felt* he had no other way out. This is a 'pillar of the community'. There was no way out of that flat with his reputation in tact. imho.

Yeppers, he does seem quite the nosey-parker type. I agree with krista - he entered the flat to confirm his surmises, and Jo came home. Possibly.

If the LL tidied up the apartment maybe that's what Jo's parents noticed as something not being right about the place.

wfgodot,

I completely agree!!

Wow, so awesome to have so many new posters who have such great ideas!! Sgt, you flat out called the case a day before investigators did. Impressive!!

And Liz, I've got to say that I completely agree with you....even if you were halfheartedly joking. I think he's a control freak....and they weren't 'cutting it' with 'his' house. Both Jo and Greg were described as being very messy. I can see him hiding there in her house...disgusted as he watched her sit down on the couch and drink cider in 'all of that filth'.
I feel that this was NOT supposed to happen.....that C.J. initially intended only to snoop around the apartment while Greg AND Jo were out of town....but *felt* he had no other way out. This is a 'pillar of the community'. There was no way out of that flat with his reputation in tact. imho.

Krista,
I do think he disliked the mess. And in the last news article I read that he once flew into a "blind rage " when he had a disagreement with a utility company...
Same article also states that a previous tenant had experiences with the LL coming into their flat unannounced.. He seemed to need to control people by violating their privacy.
Thing is,though, if he was in the flat when Jo got home,he could have made up an excuse, a leaky pipe upstairs in his flat,for example, and he needed to see if the leak had gone trhrough the ceiling... Any type of property management issue... But I think something enraged him, and his anger scared her badly. She screamed,and he lost control. He looks fairly small, I'm surprised he was able to move her. MOO
ETA Article also mentioned that the LL helped Jo's BF start his car.They talked. I would think he might have found out that the BF was going alone to Sheffield. So, maybe he knew Jo would be in the flat alone ?

This Jefferies fellow, in appearance (and perhaps private demeanor), reminds me of the late actor Patrick Magee in his turn as the high-strung writer Frank Alexander in the film "A Clockwork Orange."

41575_31408318490_7412389_n.jpg

images

Hi All

Help with the acronyms plz!

Was does LE mean? I see it refers to the police.

LL = suspect?

Thanks!

There are several stories out tonight about past tenant's experiences with his "peeping".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...asked-to-put-up-net-curtains-115875-22816594/

And some about a local female being strangled just yards from the site of the residence.

Yes, seen that too.

Also, a woman called Melanie Hall was abducted 14 years ago in Bath Somerset and her remains found only recently dumped by the side of a road - despiste the report here, no one has ever been charged with her murder:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291181/Arrest-14-year-old-case-missing-Melanie-Hall.html

Jo's body was found in North Somerset.

Could these 3 cases be related?

this seems really conveniently simple

the weird landlord who is a neatfreak (& the media just happens to mention that the tenants are slobs) and naturally has a key to the apt. and who coincidentally helps the b/f fix his car so he can leave town that day and who also when interviewed by the media, claimed that his statement to police was distorted

idk ... it all seems way too simple

Ugh, how awful. I don't see why anyone would agree to these terms. Especially a woman.....especially AFTER seeing him peeping.

“He didn’t allow any of the tenants to have blinds or net curtains up. We asked for them and he refused. I seem to remember it was in the tenancy agreement that we could not have them.

“My wife spotted him looking through the window a few times and the boys in the dorms at the local boarding school opposite used to look in and wolf whistle as well which wasn’t very nice. We had the basement flat, so if anyone stood outside they could look straight in.

“My wife used to get changed in the bathroom because our bedroom had no privacy. We couldn’t prove anything or accuse him of spying on us, but it just felt strange.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...p-net-curtains-115875-22816594/#ixzz19fO5L9p6
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

this seems really conveniently simple

the weird landlord who is a neatfreak (& the media just happens to mention that the tenants are slobs) and naturally has a key to the apt. and who coincidentally helps the b/f fix his car so he can leave town that day and who also when interviewed by the media, claimed that his statement to police was distorted

idk ... it all seems way too simple

I agree. I do hope they are not just trying to pin it on the local oddball. They have had to get another extension to hold him this morning, so the evidence does not appear to be cut and dry. I don't think they would go so far as to try and charge him with the real perp out there, but maybe the 'oddball' being arrested is buying them some time, often in very high profile cases such as this, they come under increasing amounts of pressure to make an arrest, it has been seen time and time again.

I have to say, the British media are full of stories today about how 'strange' this guy is, its disgusting, the shouldn't be allowed to print it.

New here from the UK, by the way! :greetings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member