GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reported that VT arrived on his bicycle to his flat after 7pm on the
17th. so he got transport from somewhere to move Jo's body that night.

I don't think so unless you can provide the news source, in any case he wouldn't of been able to ride his bike in the snow.

Maybe with the absence of VT being in Holland at the time and CJ being arrested, they only had his word that he lent the car, thinking he could still be the killer. The police could then have suspected that CJ or VT, or both were involved in Joanna's murder or one had helped the other to dispose of the body. They kept CJ on bail and kept a watch on VT since he came back from Holland.

It's reported that VT arrived on his bicycle to his flat after 7pm on the
17th. so he got transport from somewhere to move Jo's body that night.

Exactly

Hello and welcome to WS, Redgoblin.

Welcome Redgoblin,

I dont think the snow was too much trouble on the roads there, I think it was ok to ride a bike. I know because my son lives just outside Bristol and he said it wasnt too bad.

Hello and welcome to WS, Redgoblin.

Thanks.

We could all be wrong about CJ being somehow an accomplice or unwittingly lending his car to VT. It could be that CJ drove the car himself not knowing what VT had in the boot, although I think that would be unlikely as the police were still appealing for the silver 4x4.

The Mail on Sunday were reporting the car registered to a 'him', indicating that the owner was a guy. I find it unlikely that VT would of asked either CJ or PS for a car, simply because it was too close to home. That said, perhaps he panicked?

He did have male friends on his FB profile who were registered as living in Bristol, could he have asked a FB friend for use of their car?

They kept CJ on bail and kept a watch on VT since he came back from Holland.

And that would (at my guess) probably tie in with waiting for this 'crucial DNA' sample result wouldn't it? The delay in arresting V.T could very likely be down to that, afterall they couldn't afford another C.J ''out on bail'' arrest could they?

It would be no good searching V.T's flat until they were 100% sure of things IMO.

Thanks.

We could all be wrong about CJ being somehow an accomplice or unwittingly lending his car to VT. It could be that CJ drove the car himself not knowing what VT had in the boot, although I think that would be unlikely as the police were still appealing for the silver 4x4.

The Mail on Sunday were reporting the car registered to a 'him', indicating that the owner was a guy. I find it unlikely that VT would of asked either CJ or PS for a car, simply because it was too close to home. That said, perhaps he panicked?

He did have male friends on his FB profile who were registered as living in Bristol, could he have asked a FB friend for use of their car?

If a car had arrived borrowed from a friend, wouldnt CJ have mentioned it to the police as he must have seen it. It couldnt have been returned until the next day I assume.

About this, does VT have a car and riding a bike to work.

My husband often cycles to work, he is a keen cyclist and enjoys it more than anything. He uses the car when the weather isn't so great though. The distance from home to work is approx 10 miles. I'm not sure what the distance is for VT but I don't think it's too uncommon for someone to ride a bike to work even if they own a car.

If Mr Tabak owned a car, why didn't he drive to work?

From Clifton to Bath is about 14 miles travelling across to the other side of Bristol and there's quite a gradient from central Bristol to canynge Rd -
so cycling is not ideal

Hence as reported in link below, halfway down the page.. starts, 'Mr Tabak was often seen cycling...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...d-not-know-Vincent-Tabak-says-her-father.html

Below are links, with maps showing his possible routes by cycle, between Canynge Rd/Clifton Down Railway Station/Aberdeen Rd.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...tljp129581590625430&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...tljp129581590625430&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Sorry for the delay in reply, internet playing up

If a car had arrived borrowed from a friend, wouldnt CJ have mentioned it to the police as he must have seen it. It couldnt have been returned until the next day I assume.

He may not have seen it, it depends on where the suspect may have parked it.

Looking @ googlemaps (streetview) there is a street running along the side of Canynge Road, with a gate (actually there is two gates) which looks like it runs on to the side in the back garden of 44 its in the next street up, so it could be the perp left the car there, on Percival Road.

I don't know if any one can get around the back of the property there, but it is a possibility?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Canynge+Road,+Bristol&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.066575,39.418945&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Canynge+Rd,+Bristol,+Avon+BS8,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.459669,-2.6232&spn=0.001808,0.004812&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.4596,-2.623303&panoid=yfvhRglMgIAsFe9h720Pkw&cbp=12,296.13,,0,11.72

Thanks.

Does anyone know if anyone mentioned on the thread ie: CJ,PS, EW etc.. have a 4 x 4? iv only heard of CJ having a BMW - just out of curiosity!

Does anyone know if anyone mentioned on the thread ie: CJ,PS, EW etc.. have a 4 x 4? iv only heard of CJ having a BMW - just out of curiosity!

Non of those have a 4x4 from what info has been made available in the public domain. No 4X4's have been in for forensic we know of, and don't forget that 4x4 might have been elimanated a long time, It's just as likely it had nothing to do with the murder. The Police stopped asking about it a while ago now.

If Mr Tabak owned a car, why didn't he drive to work?

From Clifton to Bath is about 14 miles travelling across to the other side of Bristol and there's quite a gradient from central Bristol to canynge Rd -
so cycling is not ideal

Hence as reported in link below, halfway down the page.. starts, 'Mr Tabak was often seen cycling...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...d-not-know-Vincent-Tabak-says-her-father.html

Below are links, with maps showing his possible routes by cycle, between Canynge Rd/Clifton Down Railway Station/Aberdeen Rd.

Sorry for the delay in reply, internet playing up

There could be a combination of reasons why he used a bike rather than a car, gas prices, greener living, great way of keeping fit, traffic jams. I'm not saying that is the case but it could be.

Many people take their bikes to work and leave their car at home. My husband would take his bike regardless of distance(within reason of course) and the gradient on his way home from work is a quite intense but he loves it.

And that would (at my guess) probably tie in with waiting for this 'crucial DNA' sample result wouldn't it? The delay in arresting V.T could very likely be down to that, afterall they couldn't afford another C.J ''out on bail'' arrest could they?

It would be no good searching V.T's flat until they were 100% sure of things IMO.

Good thinking Philb, it certainly would tie up a lot of loose ends. As Robin Hood said, it could be a regular thing that VT borrows CJ's car, maybe to collect his girlfriend or whatever, so CJ could have thought there was nothing unusual about it.

It was reported that some owners of 4 x 4's had come forward and were eliminated.

Remember there was some speculation in the press about the suitcase/bag. There was more said around that time in the press I believe that someone walking along the road with a suitcase or bag wouldn't be seen as unusual in that area and at Christmas.

Perhaps the press were giving us hints there. He could have parked a car in the next street along...or further up his own street...then carried Jo's body in something from the flat to the car he had waiting.

Even if his car was parked closer than that a lot of people tend not to be that observant until they have reason to be so I think he could have easily moved her to a car without being spotted.

How did VT's girlfriend become aware he might have been involved in the murder of Joanna Yeates?

He appeared calm and rational when talking to reporters after the killing.

Is it possible she saw the sock in his possession or amongst his belongings?
Surely not both the pizza and the sock. But you never know.

I know this much though. She would of acted on more than just a hunch.

Good thinking Philb, it certainly would tie up a lot of loose ends. As Robin Hood said, it could be a regular thing that VT borrows CJ's car, maybe to collect his girlfriend or whatever, so CJ could have thought there was nothing unusual about it.

It all depends how approachable the old boy C.J is for doing favours really. He was very quick to help out G.R get the car going by organising the jump start. He's a well known figure in the local community neigbourhood watch and things. Yes I can imagine he would be willing to show a bit of community spirit in times of need.

There could be a combination of reasons why he used a bike rather than a car, gas prices, greener living, great way of keeping fit, traffic jams. I'm not saying that is the case but it could be.

Many people take their bikes to work and leave their car at home. My husband would take his bike regardless of distance(within reason of course) and the gradient on his way home from work is a quite intense but he loves it.

Architectural studios are usually very proactive in encouraging good environmental practices, it is part of their ethos. My former employers offered incentives to staff that did not use their cars to travel to the office.

Remember there was some speculation in the press about the suitcase/bag. There was more said around that time in the press I believe that someone walking along the road with a suitcase or bag wouldn't be seen as unusual in that area and at Christmas.

Perhaps the press were giving us hints there. He could have parked a car in the next street along...or further up his own street...then carried Jo's body in something from the flat to the car he had waiting.

Even if his car was parked closer than that a lot of people tend not to be that observant until they have reason to be so I think he could have easily moved her to a car without being spotted.

If V.T is the man, then the drive of 44 runs nearly to his back door. You can see on the aerial images. I can't see him wheeling the body into the next street. It wouldn't make any sense would it? JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member