GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from reading all the 'reports' of the case up to date I believe the police may be following this or variations of the scenario below

the man charged returns home from work on his bike around 6 30 - 7 pm

he is told by the landlord of the property that the male occupant of Jo's flat has had his car jump started and has left for the weekend

he enters his flat and is alone til around 9 pm as his partner is at a works xmas party 30 miles away

he then becomes aware that Jo has returned to her flat

the man charged in some way ends up in Jo's flat and a struggle leading to her death ensues

he then has to dispose of the body before he leaves on vacation on the 18th or 19th ...(this date has to be confirmed) and Jo' partner returns on the 19th night

he wishes to place the crime as occuring outside of the property as a crime at the flat leads back to him as the nearest neighbour

he has no vehicle on the premises as his partners is 30 miles away and she will not return it til Saturday when she is in a fit state to drive

he thus leaves on his bike to Aberdeen Road to a flat the keys to which his partner has been left so as to look after the property / charge the car battery etc as the owner has gone away to her family home for xmas and then will go straight abroad

he uses that car to return to Canynge Road , where it is seen by a motorist blocking the road and forces the motorist to use the pavement to get past it

he then uses the vehicle to drive to Failand where after a number of thwarted attempts to dump the body .. at the golf club and the Clifton College sports field where what is thought to be a light coloured 4 x4 with a hatch back is sighted... he dumps her on the side of the road

this site is chosen as it will allow discovery of the body in a time frame that will allow him to create a breathing space in his mind , but the rapid snow fall that night and the further snow fall on Monday cover it and it remains hidden til the thaw on 24th night / 25 th morning

he then either proceeds to the airport to check in to catch a flight to Holland around 630 am but is told that it has been cancelled

he returns the car to Aberdeen Road and returns home on his bike to 44

he is there when his partner returns either in the early hours of Saturday or later in the day

he then prepares for his vacation and he is driven by his partner to the airport for the 'new' flight on the 19th or for an existing prior booking

he and his partner are interviewed by the police at the stage when it is a missing persons enquiry and their story of hearing nothing etc is believed

he spends xmas away and the case then becomes a murder enquiry and the lanlord is then arrested

the man charged then return on the 4th to start work on the 5th

However with all the turmoil at the house and his parners discomfort on living near a murder scene she has taken up the offer to reside at Aberdeen Road and he joins her there

he returns to the flat at 44 to retrieve clothes and essentials when the time allows and weekends

it is at this time that the owner of a car seen on cctv passing across the bridge is contacted and cleared from the enquiry as he was not in Bristol at the time

the address of the car driver as opposed to the legal keeper is noted and is discovered to be the temporary abode of the couple from the flat next to Jo's

the driver of the car is abroad but her sister has followed the case and on the day of the parents appeal puts things together and calls the police in an emotional state

the man's partner is contacted and asked to clarify her movements on the night of the 17th and her arrival back at home on the 18th

this statement allows a time frame to be constructed where he was alone with no alibi and that the events of the crime could have been carried out

he is being watched and when he is seen to appear to be preparing to flee in a car he is arrested at 2 am taken to the station where his arrest is recorded at 6am

his dna is taken and he is interogated

he does not make a confession and his alibi is that he was seen on the bridge as he was visiting the airport

the dna results returned provide a partial or stronger match to the samples found on Jo's body and with the cctv evidence from the bridge and perhaps elsewhere the police believe they have a case and he is thus charged.

Hello, this is my first post here. I have been reading now for about a week, what a civilized forum this is compared to most. My grey cells aren't as they used to be but this scenario suggested by Colombo is the best I have heard so far. Exactly my own thoughts, but told much better than I could have myself.
I would have suggested that it was the woman in Chile who had contacted police, she would have been extremely upset thinking of the consequences of her actions on her friend TM.
What a tragedy to all involved in this terrible incident.

A further update on a couple of things mentioned on Sky News just now from Martin Brunt.

VT was asked if he wanted to have what was being said interpreted, he declined. He was sat in the dock and bent forward listening intently to what was being said.

Bail hearing set for tomorrow at the Crown Court because it's a murder charge and the magistrates court can't deal with such cases.

A court appearance next week - but never mentioned what that was about.

A date has been penciled in for April - I think he said 27th and I am unsure for what, he did say but I missed it. Hopefully someone else heard it.

The date next week will be to enter a plea.

April 27th sounds way too early for a trial.

Hello, this is my first post here. I have been reading now for about a week, what a civilized forum this is compared to most. My grey cells aren't as they used to be but this scenario suggested by Colombo is the best I have heard so far. Exactly my own thoughts, but told much better than I could have myself.
I would have suggested that it was the woman in Chile who had contacted police, she would have been extremely upset thinking of the consequences of her actions on her friend TM.
What a tragedy to all involved in this terrible incident.

The only problem I have with the "woman in tears" being EW is that she is in Chile, would she really be on top of current affairs in the UK whilst travelling ?

There is more than one way of getting out of Clifton on to the A38 to get to Lulsgate. Given that Bridge Valley Road is closed, going over the Clifton suspension bridge might arguably be the most straightforward route, and if you check Google Maps you can see that it is not 'out of the way' at all.

I didn't know the Bridge Valley Road was closed so thanks for that. I still don't see Clifton Bridge as the most straightforward route because it makes more sense just to drive down to the Avon bridge but it's debatable I suppose.

It will be interesting to find out the time-line given by VT and TM for that weekend. Is that likely to come out before a trial?

The date next week will be to enter a plea.

April 27th sounds way too early for a trial.

That's what I thought the date next week was for but he never said so I wasn't sure.

Definitely too early for a trial lol there was no mention that it was a trial. Something about review I think, but I could be wrong.

Yesterday Tabak's sister, Dr Cora Tabak - a senior scientific adviser to the Dutch government - insisted that the suspect's girlfriend Tanja Morson did not phone phone police and that she is standing by him.
Dr Tabak told The Sun: 'Tanja is upset and shocked. Rumours they have seperated are not true. They are still very much together. She is very concerned about him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ncent-Tabak-charged-murder.html#ixzz1BwpnwntF

Hi everyone, my 1st post on here, have been reading the posts with great interest over the last week and would like to add the following. I do apologise if it has already been covered, as I have not yet caught up on all the posts, however, this is something that has been 'nagging' away at me
whilst reading posts re car.

Could this possible, we have covered environment, fitness aspects etc. as to why VT cycled (allegedly) whilst commuting to and from the office. Conclusion is that gf had a car for her commute to and from Malmesbury, it has been reported that on eve of 17th TM was at a part 30 miles away. Therefore, it is often the way in these circumstances to leave car at home on said day of office party etc. so one can drink alcohol, it could well have been that TMs car was available for use without her knowing on evening of 17th.

JMO and realise it may have been covered already.

That's what I thought the date next week was for but he never said so I wasn't sure.

Definitely too early for a trial lol there was no mention that it was a trial. Something about review I think, but I could be wrong.

In fact thinking about it, a trial date would not be set until his plea was heard, so it was definitely not that.

The beauty of rewinding tv!!

The date penciled in is end of April, no date given and it's a case management hearing.

Martin Brunt did say that things seem to be moving pretty quick.

We have this indication that he was at home in the early evening, although he has claimed to have been 'away' that night (we don't know where he was claiming to be). Clearly LE believe there is reason to suspect this wasn't true, or he wasn't 'away' the entire evening - otherwise they couldn't have charged him.

Am I correct in understanding the friend in Aberdeen rd was only travelling in chile after Xmas? And could concievably have helped form VTs alibi?

I know that it's not much help but here's a piece about EW and where she was at Christmas.

21 Jan 2011

The dad said university graduate Emily had been away travelling for a fortnight.

He added: "She had Christmas here but then went to Chile. She's expected to be there for another couple of weeks."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3363615/Jo-Yeates-Dutch-neighbour-nicked.html

Hi everyone, my 1st post on here, have been reading the posts with great interest over the last week and would like to add the following. I do apologise if it has already been covered, as I have not yet caught up on all the posts, however, this is something that has been 'nagging' away at me
whilst reading posts re car.

Could this possible, we have covered environment, fitness aspects etc. as to why VT cycled (allegedly) whilst commuting to and from the office. Conclusion is that gf had a car for her commute to and from Malmesbury, it has been reported that on eve of 17th TM was at a part 30 miles away. Therefore, it is often the way in these circumstances to leave car at home on said day of office party etc. so one can drink alcohol, it could well have been that TMs car was available for use without her knowing on evening of 17th.

JMO and realise it may have been covered already.

A good point and possible, but far more likely that TM drove and stayed overnight so that she could drink at party. Malmesbury appears to be a PITA to get to on public transport so I would say it would be a lot easier to drive.

Maybe you misunderstood me, but I never mentioned a trial!

No I know you didn't I was just thinking out loud and saying that it would be way too early. Sorry for the confusions :innocent:

I was just quoting you to keep the thread of the conversation.

I note at the end of that article that although they mention CJ's arrest, they are no longer stating that "he remains a suspect" in the way that they were doing on just about every article since his release on bail. Looks like the media are finally softening their position on CJ.

In my opinion, VTs girlfriend is not going to admit to tipping the police off.

It is possible the police have told her not to say it was her, maybe they have advised her to keep him on side for the time being.

Or she feels ashamed for shopping him. She may have had very good reason to call the police but in the back of her mind she thinks he can't be the killer, so she is torn.

I think it was definitely the girlfriend who tipped them off. The appeal was directed towards someone in the know and it worked! JMO

How is EW to know what's going on when she is Chile. I'm not saying she wouldn't know what's going on but I doubt very much it's her. I could be wrong of course.

A good point and possible, but far more likely that TM drove and stayed overnight so that she could drink at party. Malmesbury appears to be a PITA to get to on public transport so I would say it would be a lot easier to drive.

A taxi would likely be cheaper than a stay in a local hotel, but either is possible.

In my opinion, VTs girlfriend is not going to admit to tipping the police off.

It is possible the police have told her not to say it was her, maybe they have advised her to keep him on side for the time being.

Or she feels ashamed for shopping him. She may have had very good reason to call the police but in the back of her mind she thinks he can't be the killer, so she is torn.

I think it was definitely the girlfriend who tipped them off. The appeal was directed towards someone in the know and it worked! JMO

How is EW to know what's going on when she is Chile. I'm not saying she wouldn't know what's going on but I doubt very much it's her. I could be wrong of course.

Check out the Daily Mail article I linked to earlier it seems TM is considered very much part of the family and is supporting him.

Totally agree on the EW thing I posted a similar opinion earlier this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper