GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't take the 200 yard 'reference' to be Gods gospel spot on. It is only an estimate isn't it? Journalists don't normally carry 100 ft long steel measuring tapes. Hacks aren't noted for absolute accuracy at the best of times :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhp.jpg

You can see by the very small snow recreated area you wouldn't have a clue where that was on the lane. How can you get your bearings with a few trees in shot? Actual location accuracy can't be shown here, you wouldn't be able to see up, or down the lane on film. Just trees in front, that could be anywhere.

It appears to be a 200 yard estimate between the sign across the street from the quarry that says 125 yds, and the sign next to the re-enactment scene that says 300 yds. That's about a 200 yds "up the road". I know that we discussed 200 yards up the road a while back ... and 200 yards is a little bit too precise to be random.

I think the signs have been upgraded since the google earth image.

I think that even an inch of snow could cover a body. Snow isn't 2 inches at the lowest spot and non-existent 6 inches above the ground ... 2 inches of snow covers everything evenly, even bodies. Very little wind is needed to blow the snow into slopes and mounds so that everything has an even cover of snow.

There are only two bearing points with a lamp pole near the quarry entrance, one south and one north. They both have a tall grove of trees followed by bushes. The difference is the signage to the "Give Way" ... 125 and 300 yards. It's also possible that the re-enactment was in the wrong place ... although that would almost defeat the purpose.

I'm confused now.

I just watched that clip of the family going to the exact spot and they appear to walk over the brow of the hill beyond the quarry entrance and then look left. So it could be that spot used in the reconstruction.

What a lovely, lovely girl.

A couple of new things in the article:

David, 63, told the Daily Star Sunday that plans were under way for Jo’s funeral and that police will soon be revealing more details.

<snip>

Paul Vermeij, spokesman for the Tabak family, said Tabak’s girlfriend Tanja, 34, has been in constant touch with him.

I'm glad we'll learn more soon. Hopefully, something about what compelling evidence they have against VT, and if CJ is involved on some level.

Also worth noting is Paul Vermeij is the spokesman for the Tabak family. It's interesting that TM is is in touch with VT ... or is it the statement of a skilled public relations advisor?

In the photo you can see the police tape on both sides of the area that's under forensic investigation. That area is the quarry entrance to the left I'm sure (I'll check with some other pics).

I agree with Phill that the amount of fake snow used in the reconstruction means that the actual filmed spot could be anywhere. I expect they filmed it further up so that the quarry could still operate.

Do you also believe that a police re-construction would be falsified? What if someone saw something at the falsified location? Wouldn't that screw things up for investigators ... in terms of witness statements?

I don't see this as a film crew deciding where they'd like to film, but a police re-construction requiring accuracy.

If there was any truth in the reports which said Joanna was found slumped against a wall then there's another discrepancy with that Crimewatch pic - where's the wall?

To my eyes it looks like a hedge in that reconstruction photo - a hedge with railings behind it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhp2.jpg

Do you also believe that a police re-construction would be falsified? What if someone saw something at the falsified location? Wouldn't that screw things up for investigators ... in terms of witness statements?

I don't see this as a film crew deciding where they'd like to film, but a police re-construction requiring accuracy.

Do you really think that small snow recreated area can possibly show any viewer the exact location? Isn't it just a few fake snow covered trees in shot? Are they going to film up and down the road with no snow? They can't can they? So you would never be able to recognise a few white trees, or get your bearings.

Look at the small area. Imagine what they could possibly film there? That answers the question yes?

I'm glad we'll learn more soon. Hopefully, something about what compelling evidence they have against VT, and if CJ is involved on some level.

Don't expect to hear any more about evidence until the trial. I took it that Mr Y was referring to funeral arrangements.

We will only be able to draw conclusions about CJ if his bail conditions are lifted. If they are not, it still wouldn't tell us anything.

Interesting read, note ' On my way back, I suddenly realised I had two missed calls&#8230;no reception over in the woods&#8230;damn''

Does this mean that there are no 'pinging' masts along Longwood lane, I wonder if the person responsible for Jo knew that was the case. The person could have chosen the area more so because of the lack of electronic footprint.

Edited to add...would stop any calls to 999 too.

Do you really think that small snow recreated area can possibly show any viewer the exact location? Isn't it just a few fake snow covered trees in shot? Are they going to film up and down the road with no snow? They can't can they? So you would never be able to recognise a few white trees, or get your bearings.

Look at the small area. Imagine what they could film there? That answers the question yes?

I see no reason why they would use a different location. They would want to show the context of the body. The immediate surroundings would be relevant - is there a wall, a fence, a ditch, low bushes, evergreen foliage .... all this would vary along the lane.

Still, it doesn't look as though we will ever be shown this now.

I think this is correct

yeateslocation3.jpg

Otto I commend you attention to detail and accuracy. Your technical skills are second to non at embeding images, and accurately measuring mapping.
I myself do a lot of this kind of work. I recognise a good talent when I see one :great:

But isn't it all rather futile, if what you are basing your calculations on is all guessed estimations, and assumptions in press stories. No amount of calculating, and plotting will hit the target if it is all guesswork in the first place.

Why the magical 200 yds Otto?
Who measured this, and from exactly what point? Isn't it just a journalist guessing to write his story?
Afterall, if he never saw where the body was in the first place, then he would have no idea himself.

This channel 4 story says she was found on a Golf course.
But I'm not believing that for fact, because it isn't true? Just because the press, or news say something.
It doesn't always have to be true.

I think it might be a journalist that read the sign. I too wondered how anyone could be sure about 200 yards, but that is what was reported in several news articles ... the location had something to do with 200 yards ... where the family laid flowers, and then walked 200 yards up the road. Now that I've seen the signs, it's pretty obvious where "200 yds" came from.

Interesting read, note ' On my way back, I suddenly realised I had two missed calls…no reception over in the woods…damn''

Does this mean that there are no 'pinging' masts along Longwood lane, I wonder if the person responsible for Jo knew that was the case. The person could have chosen the area more so because of the lack of electronic footprint.

If they were that forward thinking then surely they'd have just left their phone at home or wherever instead.

Plus we have five mobile networks in the UK. Unless the killer was on the same network as the author of this article they may have still had reception on one of the other networks.

I see no reason why they would use a different location. They would want to show the context of the body. The immediate surroundings would be relevant - is there a wall, a fence, a ditch, low bushes, evergreen foliage .... all this would vary along the lane.

Still, it doesn't look as though we will ever be shown this now.

I've never said that recreated area wasn't the exact location. It may very well be true!!

But on the other hand, I am open minded enough to know not to take them spraying a few trees with fake snow as the exact location. Using such flimsy evidence, and taking it for granted is a very bad call to make IMO.

Look at the small area. Imagine what they could possibly film there? That answers the question yes?

Yes, I believe that when the police are re-constructing a murder scene, that they are using the correct scene ... and not a fabrication. The Harry Potter snow is a fabrication, but the location? I doubt it. That would be a complete waste of time ... re-creating a ficticious crime scene for a re-enactment and hoping that someone would remember something when the re-enactment was false.

I think that the actual location where Joanna was found can be artificially covered with snow with the hopes of triggering the memories of one of the regular walkers on the lane, and that the lane does not have to be covered with Harry Potter snow for people to be able to envision the night, a week before Christmas ... or the night before Christmas.

flimsy evidence

But I'm not basing my opinion on a single piece of evidence, flimsy or otherwise. We have:

1. the reconstruction site
2. the film of the family walking to the spot after laying flowers
3. another film that was posted showing forensic officers and police tape beyond the quarry entrance
4. various photographs all supporting the above
5. the mentions of 200yds, clearly taken from the road signs

Don't expect to hear any more about evidence until the trial. I took it that Mr Y was referring to funeral arrangements.

We will only be able to draw conclusions about CJ if his bail conditions are lifted. If they are not, it still wouldn't tell us anything.

BBM ... That's Roman Law ... rights of the accused.

In the US, the rights of the accused seem to be trampled over to such an extent that people have entire TV shows discussing reasons why innocent suspects should commit suicide or otheriwise come to harm.

British, Dutch, Italian, Canadian and Aruban law seems to have more protection for a witness or suspect's rights than US law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en