GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You stated one of your reasons above was because the family stood in silence at the exact same spot. At no point on this video do they go to that crimewatch spot, they don't even look in the direction of the Crimewatch snow scene.

I did not state that they stood (in silence or otherwise) at the "exact same spot".
It's difficult to make out much as we can only see heads at this point, but I am sure they do look across the road at the place.

Do they go to that Crimewatch spot there? Can you agree they don't?
They stand and look on the oppsite side of the road don't they?

From the video it looks as though they stand opposite the spot, yes. They were probably not allowed to go closer because of the ongoing police activity. If they were, they would probably have placed the flowers there.

And how come Summer comes into anything. Why film Summer shots? It is Winter time isn't it?

It was mentioned as an example only. I described a technique often used in film to show the passing of time. In this case it would be used to show "this is what it usually looks like and this is how it looked at the crucial time"

Yes your are quite right, I do have great difficuilty understanding your explanation for clarity of location using very close up Winter shots, and then long distance ''Summer'' shots? :waitasec:

<modsnip>
:banghead:

<modsnip>

Ditto.

The point in question is you have two photographs of a very limited recreated snow area. At no point do you have the slightest inclination what happened after those shots. You have no idea if that snow scene was a simple test area, you have no idea if the machine had broken down. You have no idea that they didn't extent the snow area, you also have no idea that they hadn't recreated that snow area out of camera shot, in the layby of the quarry. You have no idea they didn't just use that area for practical purpose only. There is no sign of filming, cameramen, or any action at all.

<modsnip>

Regarding the reconstruction, I don't think that anyone watching the reconstruction would be particularly disturbed by the fact that the weather in the reconstruction is a little different than on the night of the murder. Showing the location, and then fading in the show cover, would most likely be enough to get the point across.

There were 2 tents put up on longwood lane by forensic officers. One by the gate to the quarry and another further along, does anybody have a photo that I can refer to ?

It's rather commendable that such a sincere effort has been made to represent at least the exact location as it would have appeared on the days of Dec 17-20

I would have to agree with you. It does look, or I should imagine it would look very realistic when filmed. But then it does make a massive dent in the theory they were going to use long distance shots to clearly mark the location with no snow. The question is why did they bother with the snow area in the first place?

Well here's my guess. And I'd wager vast amounts of money on it being for this reason only.

That recreated snow scene was not to show people the exact spot at all. They wouldn't know the location as I've clearly shown. It was merely a close up shot to show how shocking it was for Jo's body to be dumped on a snowy grass verge on Christmas day. It was merely a tug on the heart strings shot to generate people to come forward, just like Jo's parents appeal did. It was not an actual X marks the spot matter of fact account.

JMO but a very realistic one.

There were 2 tents put up on longwood lane by forensic officers. One by the gate to the quarry and another further along, does anybody have a photo that I can refer to ?

5401727425_6fa7c4fb17_o.jpg

Yes mate.
And as a matter of fact it's the exact spot where Jo's parents stood in silence on the video.
It's Opposite the recreated snow scene.

I'll have a check but I don't think that I've got one saved. I have definitely seen a photo which shows the tent further along though.

I would have to agree with you. It does look, or I should imagine it would look very realistic when filmed. But then it does make a massive dent in the theory they were going to use long distance shots to clearly mark the location with no snow. The question is why did they bother with the snow area in the first place?

Well here's my guess. And I'd wager vast amounts of money on it being for this reason only.

That recreated snow scene was not to show people the exact spot at all. They wouldn't know the location as i've clearly shown. It was merely a close up shot shot to show how shocking it was for Jo's body to be dumped on a snowy grass verge. It was merely a tug on the heart strings shot to generate people to come forward, just like Jo's parents appeal did. It was not an actual X marks the spot matter of fact account.

JMO but a very realistic one.

I understood that it was quite an extra expense to bring in the Harry Potter fake snow crew. Does it really make sense that the reconstruction team would go to all that extra expense and then misrepresent the facts? If they misrepresent the location, that could result in people reporting events unrelated to the crime, and not reporting relevant facts because they believed that only the wrong location was relevant.

Does it really make sense that the reconstruction team would go to all that extra expense and then misrepresent the facts? If they misrepresent the location, that could result in people reporting events unrelated to the crime, and not reporting relevant facts because they believed that only the wrong location was relevant.

But the point Otto is they can't misrepresent if people can't see where the location is in context. And people can't pin point the location from the small snow area recreated. I have said this way back two pages ago.

Yes mate.
And as a matter of fact it's the exact spot where Jo's parents stood in silence on the video.

That's just more evidence (to me anyway) that the body was opposite that tent. They couldn't put a tent over the spot while the crane was moving the body. The family went to the spot after the body had been moved and the tent's not there then.

I was previously of the opinion that the body was in the quarry entrance but having seen the video where they go beyond the brow of the hill, I'm much more convinced it was where the reconstruction was staged.

But the point Otto is they can't misrepresent if people can't see where the location is in context. And people can't pin point the location from the small snow area recreated. I have said this way back two pages ago.
I agree with you on that point but I think they would have done a long shot to identify the position within the lane and then a close up of the exact spot covered in "snow".

That's just more evidence (to me anyway) that the body was opposite that tent. They couldn't put a tent over the spot while the crane was moving the body. The family went to the spot after the body had been moved and the tent's not there then.

I was previously of the opinion that the body was in the quarry entrance but having seen the video where they go beyond the brow of the hill, I'm much more convinced it was where the reconstruction was staged.

The only conclusion I come to is, not to believe what is seen on the strength of a few shots. There are two tents in view, one in the quarry entrance, and one where the family were stood. One, or both of those tents could be covering anything from tyre tracks, footprints, a piece of evidence, or the body. But on the other hand, they may just be stood moved away from the body. Neither of those tents could be above the body. Nothing hard fact about that shot IMO.

The only conclusion I come to is, not to believe what is seen on the strength of a few shots. There are two tents in view, one in the quarry entrance, and one where the family were stood. One, or both of those tents could be covering anything from tyre tracks, footprints, a piece of evidence, or the body. But on the other hand, they may just be stood moved away from the body. Neither of those tents could be above the body. Nothing hard fact about that shot IMO.

If the exact location wasn't necessary for the reconstruction, why didn't police just grab a couple of snapshots that people would have taken while there was snow in the area and put those in the reconstruction?

If I can do this with a google earth image, an internet photo and photoshop, I think a film crew, with all the equipment and software, can probably do a pretty good job of representing the area on the weekend of Dec 17-20.

yeates-location-anim-snow-fade-2.gif

If the exact location wasn't necessary for the reconstruction, why didn't police just grab a couple of snapshots that people would have taken while there was snow in the area and put those in the reconstruction?

You would have to ask them that Otto.
The tug on the heart strings shot to start the reconstruction as I've put forward above perhaps?
But apart from that, I really have no idea mate :)

Like I've always said, it may very well just be the exact loction, but then again, to take two photos as absolute proof with no hard fact isn't a good idea IMO. That is a perfectly sound conclusion to reach yes?

I agree with you on that point but I think they would have done a long shot to identify the position within the lane and then a close up of the exact spot covered in "snow".

Ahh ...

I think there is a problem with the 11 minute ITN clip of the deposition site. At the end of the video, the rider drive right through the so-called "real site".

I am thinking it it something else ... Not sure what else, but I don't think they would have allowed both cars to ride right through a sensitive forensic site.

JMO

Ahh ...

I think there is a problem with the 11 minute ITN clip of the deposition site. At the end of the video, the rider drive right through the so-called "real site".

I am thinking it it something else ... Not sure what else, but I don't think they would have allowed both cars to ride right through a sensitive forensic site.

JMO

So far a grand total of eight possible body deposit sites have been discussed. One of those is even on the opposite side of the road. The truth is none of us really know for certain.

None the wiser really lol :waitasec:

In my mind it would make sense to dump the body behind the wall directly opposite the quarry entrance by the footpath / bike-path.

If the LE believe the killer parked in the entrance of the quarry (did a u-turn) it would make sense to report that is where the body was found without going into too much detail even though it could have been up the road, down the road, over the wall, behind a fence, by the stone, or across the opposite side of the road at least from trying to obtain public information of reported sightings of vehicles that is.

Ahh ...

JMO

I don't recall that bit at the end and the clip isn't available now - it seems to be behind a pay-wall (unless anyone else has another source).

Yes mate.

A third tent, the snow scene? opposite tent number 2.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ndtent-1.jpg

A third Tent
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ndtent-1.jpg

Well spotted indeed :)
Or it could be the same tent seen on the opposite side of the road on previous shots. You can't get the view to see if that is there at this time. They could be one and the same, but just moved? They are very light and portable e.t.c.

Plus what days are these shots taken? The shots on Christmas day are snow covered and blue sky's, these are snow free, but very foggy weather. This looks like Boxing day to me during the thaw, or possibly later. The body was lifted out by the fire brigade on Chrismas day. It can't be under the tents on these photos then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry