GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the lenses in his specs were glass and they had to take them away because they could be used as a weapon or a suicide aid.

J/Y Timeline

12.30 pm. J/Y met B/F for lunch. Lunch was 20 minutes.

6.00 pm. J/Y left work with colleagues for drink in the Ram pub.

8.00 pm. J/Y left the Ram pub

8.10 pm. J/Y was seen on cctv at Waitrose supermarket.

8.20 pm. J/Y text M/W to ask. Where are you, do you fancy
a drink?. M/W was at a Christmas party.

8.24 pm. J/Y visited Bargainbooze, bought 2 bottles of cider.

8.30 pm. J/Y rang best friend R/S. To arrange to meet up
Christmas eve.

8.40 pm. J/Y bought pizza at Tesco Express. (which is about a quarter
of a mile from her flat.

[FONT=&quot]9.20pm [/FONT]M/W text back. but there was no reply.

"A leading criminologist has questioned why Joanna Yeates' landlord remains a suspect in her murder."

I suppose we are all wondering that, and although it's possible the paperwork takes some time, you would think LE would advise the public that the release is forthcoming, or they are waiting for more evidence to come in/be verified against NUA, to ensure their confidence that CJ is out of the frame.

Maybe something came up with regard to CJ in the interrogations with NUA?

Btw, can detectives continue to interrogate NUA at this stage?

:woohoo: I've missed the camaraderie of this forum - :gthanks: to WS for allowing this space for further discussion, I really appreciate it.

Me too :yes:

I have yet to read one person who has a bad word to say about the accused? He seems to have an awful lot of intelligent people who believe in his innocence.

On Monday, staff and students at Eindhoven Technical University, where Mr Tabak studied architectural engineering, announced the creation of a fighting fund to aid his defence.

Money raised will be used for legal bills and travel expenses incurred by his family.

“They are convinced he is innocent and have offered their support to the family,” said Mr Vermeij.

Someone else on a previous thread about this case also said they didn't believe VT did it because of his background.

Basically we don't know exactly was going on in that house.

Basically we don't know exactly was going on in that house.

The House of Secrets

shhh_smiley2.png

But having said that, I find it strange this man has been charged with murder, and while he attends court they need his glasses, you would think they would already have enough evidence without looking for more while he is being charged for murder in court.

Yes you would, whether they have very solid evidence or not, if anything is found on the glasses will just add to it (i think)

Also no idea why CJ is not released yet (maybe he has and its not been reported?) if police are sure VT is the person

Hi, first post from me.

I wear glasses for short-sightedness and clean the lenses every day. I never think to clean the hinges or other parts, though. I think glasses wearers, no matter how "forensically aware," could easily overlook their glasses, because you forget you're wearing them most of the time.

The News of the World on sunday said a source had told them they had been awaiting LC DNA to be grown and matched and that they had NUA under surveillance for over a week.

Hi, first post from me.

I wear glasses for short-sightedness and clean the lenses every day. I never think to clean the hinges or other parts, though. I think glasses wearers, no matter how "forensically aware," could easily overlook their glasses, because you forget you're wearing them most of the time.

Hi notsure, and welcome to WS.

I never think to clean my glasses's hinges either, btw. No forensic awareness here.

I was wondering if LE would have some kind of voice/speech recognition software that would determine whether the crying woman might've been a man pretending to be a crying woman? Too far fetched a theory, perhaps.

I may be wrong here as I hav'nt had time to read up on everything, but is it possible LL s car was borrowed by V/T, the police found evidence in the car, and that's why they arrested him, searched his house, but did'nt find anything, I m sure they must have found something in and around the flats, maybe marks of some kind, it would explain why LL is still on bail.

I may be wrong here as I hav'nt had time to read up on everything, but is it possible LL s car was borrowed by V/T, the police found evidence in the car, and that's why they arrested him, searched his house, but did'nt find anything, I m sure they must have found something in and around the flats, maybe marks of some kind, it would explain why LL is still on bail.

IIRC the News of the World mentioned the exit door of JY's flat (if their source can be believed)

Re. NUA and not CJ

I was on holiday in the UK over Xmas and to the best of my recollection the 'eccentric professor' was released on bail and is staying with friends.
The charges have not been dropped, however.

The police cannot question a suspect once charges have been brought, unless new evidence comes to light.

Welcome Veggiefan, so can we assume the police have the answers in as how, when and why ? or at least a plausible theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876