GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going from memory but didn't CJ buy the flat from SJ in 2001 ie seven years before SJ was convicted?

I'd like to know who was in the flat immediately prior to JY and GR taking it though.

CJ bought the flat from SJ in 1999 when he moved away from Bristol. I don't recall reading who rented it between then and GR/JY.

Here's an article about the tenants of VT's flat and their experience of CJ as a landlord:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-an-eccentric-meddler-say-former-tenants.html

Yes, I agree that can be true of some people. The difficulty in this case is that nobody has a bad word to say about VT.

When a suspect is named in other murder investigations, it's not long before the press start discovering previous convictions, suspicious conversations, unexplained movements and so on. And if there's nothing factual to report, it doesn't take them long to find a few unattributable comments to sully the name of the suspect - as happened to CJ, of course.

In the case of VT, all of the comments are positive, without exception. We here try to think of possible reasons or opportunities he might have had, often based on incomplete evidence of his movements, or suppositions that he might have completely changed character for one dreadful moment.

But the fact remains that he is currently innocent, and other explanations for JY's death are possible.

There are plenty of white collar murderers that have unblemishd records and a string of friends that only say good things. Motive for murder is usually the most difficult factor to understand.

I would like VT to be innocent. He seems like a bright guy that has much to contribute. I doubt that people he knows from home, or colleagues from his studies, will gossip about him. We do know that one person had something negative to say about him ... the crying woman that alerted police.

CJ bought the flat from SJ in 1999 when he moved away from Bristol. I don't recall reading who rented it between then and GR/JY.

Here's an article about the tenants of VT's flat and their experience of CJ as a landlord:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-an-eccentric-meddler-say-former-tenants.html

interesting that the tenants quoted described cj as "very, very fit and strong".
i'm sure this is not the impression he has given to the outside world, nor might he want to...kept fitness membership hush hush and out of the area..

into this setting you have the murder of a young, privately-educated girl;exceptionally bad weather for the uk; the press, the landlord on bail, seedy characters from the past ie paedophilic teacher who owned the flat before jefferies, now serving a prison sentence; the closed world of public school teaching, etc ,etc....
it is all a different world and visually a very attractive one...

Ah, if only Margaret Rutherford was around to play Chris Jefferies ...

;)

agree..have felt from the start that the setting and characters would be prime material for a film.
i can see americans loving the setting...the area round clifton college is beautiful...plus classic characters, beautiful and different...

It is rather like an Inspector Morse mystery translated from Oxford to Bristol, isn't it.

I think the police have their man. Nobody wants to think the people they love are capable of such crimes but people do things for a variety of reasons and nobody truly knows us.
When or if it comes out as to how it all came about the jigsaw will fit I'm sure. The police have much more info than we do and IMO it will be a simple explaination.

I think its beginning to make sense now why the body was moved from the house, & that reason being to me is that Jo was murdered in VT's flat. It was easier for him to remove + hide the body in the boot of his car without being spotted than to drag it back around & into her flat & the have to create some kind of murder seen without getting caught.

VT ate the pizza i am certain, or at least it found its way into his flat with Jo, as did also the bottles of cider i'd imagine too (i wonder if the bottle top was in his/her flat). He put her items back after, probably soon after.

It certainly interests me if the missing sock was used as the murder weapon ? or if it came of during the attack/murder or in transiting the body ? or was it stuck inside one of her boots when it was removed ?? Assuming he removed her boots to make it look like she'd been in ??

As for when he exactlly dumped Jo's body is still unclear to me ?? At first thought it seems likely he dumped her at Longwood Lane Quarry entrance Fri/Sat , but because of the closeness of the dumping site to the Quarry entrance makes me wonder why any of the LGV drivers or employee's at the site hadnt spotted her over the previous 7 days or so ?

Also was the original plan to dispose of her body in such a way she would never of been found, as someone previously mentioned in an earlier thread regarding the stone crushing machinery in the quarry, was her body dumped at the gates of the quarry as part of her final journey before she disapeared forever ?? Had she made it into that quarry i believe her body may of never been found & probably ended up as part of the 'Tarmac' on the M25. The chances are this is the part of the murder & concealing of the body that went badly wrong for VT. Did he have a contact that worked on machinery at the quarry ?? Or did he have experience himself with how to operate a 'stone crusher' ??

I dont buy a body in 2inches of snow is invisible to the human eye, especially when its plastered all over the news a young woman in your area is missing ?? Personally if it were me i would of spotted her imo.

The snow on her body was probably more recent & her body would of been frozen anyway because of the freezing temperatures - perhaps her body had been stored prior to the dumping i.e. in a chest freezer, but in a bag of some sort or perhaps just in the boot of the car for most of the week parked on the driveway of Aberdeen Road.

This is of course assuming VT is the murderer - & as always, just my opinion.

(snipped)
The one thing that has disturbed me about the press in this case is their obsession that JY 'looked uncannily like TM'.

I cant find any actual pages stating this but I am sure we have all read it.

They do NOT look anything alike apart from the fact they have fair hair.
I too remember reading that at some stage but can't remember where. Having said that, I can't see it either... I'm pushed to see anything look alike between the two women other than both having similar skin colouring, fair hair and being of a similar age group.

Comments like that seem to be a generalisation found in the vein of thinking, for example, that all late age teenage females with dark hair and olive skin look alike, all old age males over 70 with wrinkles and grey hair look alike senario. An added influence being one of what ethnic group one's bloodline is from and each Generation often shares amongst itself, a sort of a broad similarity in life experiences, world view and dress sense...

Be it consciously or not, people tend to compare and look for similarities no matter how different some things are between each other... It's human nature and I probably excel at that too no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise... lol... At times that can be helpful and at other times harmful because it can create a false type sensationalism that can influence one's thinking to 'see' and 'think' something that isn't there in the first place.

In Australia here we have virtually heard nothing about this murder other than the odd scant passing news report. I had to search the Australian news to even find it... However, I can imagine with this being such a high profile case in England it would be hard pushed to find a jury that hasn't heard or formed some type of personal view about this case no matter how 'remote' one thinks they are away from it.

The negative side of a high profile murder which has had relatively little published facts, but nevertheless has attracted a lot of press and internet attention...

One previous occupant was the paedophile Stephen Johnston, who abused at least one boy in the flat concerned before being imprisoned for 7 years in 2008.

I don't know if there were other occupants after him, although I guess the flat might have been difficult to rent to locals for some time after that.

44 Carynge Road is going to be the ideal subject of a horror film in time to come - it even has a vague connection with the 1974 murder of Glenis Carruthers, and it certainly has the visual potential for a gothic horror story.

You make it sound like 'Amityville Horror' - i dont believe anybody has made a film called '25 Cromwell Street' & i dont expect them too either !

You make it sound like 'Amityville Horror' - i dont believe anybody has made a film called '25 Cromwell Street' & i dont expect them too either !

They did make one called 10 Rillington Place complete with a young Richard Attenborough I believe.

I dont buy a body in 2inches of snow is invisible to the human eye, especially when its plastered all over the news a young woman in your area is missing ?? Personally if it were me i would of spotted her imo.

You would have to have looked at it in the first place, and people rarely look closely at everything around them: there are usually other things that take precedence.

I think it's been fairly well established that the body was not left at the quarry entrance, but further up the lane.

You would have to have looked at it in the first place, and people rarely look closely at everything around them: there are usually other things that take precedence.

I think it's been fairly well established that the body was not left at the quarry entrance, but further up the lane.

I agree. Except for one thing - why was there a police tent at the quarry entrance and why was the crane there too? There were two police tents I believe - one at the quarry entrance, and one further up the lane (but which looked to be on the right of the lane, not the left side which we're led to believe was where she was found.

I've personally come to the conclusion that, for whatever reason, both sites on Longwood Lane are significant...and the police have just chosen not to reveal why. It's the only conclusion I can come to, basing it on the two tents and the location of the crane, and all the various conflicting reports as to what really was the location.

I think the police have their man. Nobody wants to think the people they love are capable of such crimes but people do things for a variety of reasons and nobody truly knows us.
When or if it comes out as to how it all came about the jigsaw will fit I'm sure. The police have much more info than we do and IMO it will be a simple explaination.
Often that is the way things turn out... KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)...

Yes, we often do tend to 'protect' our families and close mates when it comes to the crunch... Often enough, unconsciously, there seems to be this inner feeling that what they do somehow refects on us and if we don't do or think something, then we sort of in a weird way, think that they don't either. That sounds terrible, but it has a subtle element of a truth...

You only have to have children to quickly learn that no matter how you have bought them up, they have these strange quirks of their own and are known to say things and do things which you have no idea why or where it comes from... Someone tells you something not too impressive your kid has done which you don't know about, and you sort of squirm inside trying to justify it... and if you can't internally justify it, your 'world' momentarily collapses just a little... but outwardly you may find yourself defending them to try to soften the impact... There's that part of you that finds it hard to believe they would be capable of doing that, even if you know that they, like all other people, have the potential for doing the unexpected and being out of character...

That's why I guess, you hear people say stuff like.. As close as I am to my family (and some mates too) I can't tell them that or this because (bla bla bla)...

I am close to my family, but I can assure you, there are some things I get up to (nothing bad) that I would never tell my mum... not because I don't trust her or need her approval, but more like that I don't see any point she (or anyone else for that matter), knows everything I do and think... poor women might squirm some (or die of boredom listening to me)..... She has many different likes, ways and ideas to me and sometimes I simply don't want to 'go through that'... I'm sure she too, has her 'secrets'... I find this is reflected at times in presents she may buy me where I think to myself... why the lizards did she ever buy that for me... it's like she doesn't really know me after all this time... It never fails to surprise me though...

People can be skillful at having double lives... totally seperate lives from each other and noone has a clue. No doubt we all have some thoughts and or inclinations which we never share with anyone else no matter how benign and harmless they are... No matter how upstanding a person VT is, he too is human and I'm certain he would have some 'secret' thoughts and feelings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en