GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work Phillb on your Photo Post, that you done around Bristol and the Longwood Lane.
Where was JY found in the Lane?.
You had a photo of the Lane with the appeal Notice, near there, there is a pole, you put a small white square on the Picture and there was an arrow on the Road.

When the Crimewatch programme was being filmed for the Programme, the Film Crew who helped on the Harry Potter Movies, recreated the snow scene at the side of the Road with snow on the foliage, snow on the Road, it was only a very small Area of the Lane, I have 2 Photo's of that scene where the Film Crew did the snow scene, the appeal Notice is there in the snow scene, with a pole, and on the opposite side of to the small snow scene, there is a slow down traffic sign.

I would assume that as this was being filmed for Crimewatch as it is an appeal to the viewing Public for information, Crimewatch and the LE would have the exact place to where Jo was placed in the Lane, because the exact Location where she was found is crucial to People coming forward with information.

JY's Family placed flower's in the Lane as seen in the Media, but this was not the place where Jo was found, the Family walked there afterwards away from the Media.

I am trying to paste the Photo's, but it keeps going to my Personal Album at Photobucket.
Do I need to Post link IMG?... can anyone help please about linking Photo's here...thank you.

I agree. Except for one thing - why was there a police tent at the quarry entrance and why was the crane there too?

The quarry entrance would seem to be the only suitable place for parking or turning a vehicle, so it could be that there were some tyre tracks or other forensic evidence that the police need to protect and examine there. As for the crane, it's mobile, so its position as seen in the photos isn't necessarily where it was used.

They did make one called 10 Rillington Place complete with a young Richard Attenborough I believe.

According to a post in an earlier thread, & i cant put my finger on which member it was that said this, but they said that their father had been offered the opportunity to rent the exact property many years ago !

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhp2.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhp.jpg

Cheers Phillb for your help-) with posting them.

Recreated Scene in Longwood Lane, done for the Crimewatch TV Programme.

You would have to have looked at it in the first place, and people rarely look closely at everything around them: there are usually other things that take precedence.

I think it's been fairly well established that the body was not left at the quarry entrance, but further up the lane.

The body was dumped at the quarry entrance, & the only thing we dont know is whether it was behind the wire fence or behind the large rock.

I repeat - in my opinion as a LGV driver myself, at the height of the cab the drivers entered & departed the quarry as part of natural observation of the surrounding i am surprised a body so close to the roadside had not been spotted with just a couple of inches of snow in say 7 days ?? Not unless of course they drive around with their eyes shut that is.

The body was dumped at the quarry entrance, & the only thing we dont know is whether it was behind the wire fence or behind the large rock.

We shall have to agree to differ, then. I believe the photos posted by Trio show the spot, and this is borne out by the direction the family took after placing the flowers.

I would assume that as this was being filmed for Crimewatch as it is an appeal to the viewing Public for information, Crimewatch and the LE would have the exact place to where Jo was placed in the Lane, because the exact Location where she was found is crucial to People coming forward with information.

JY's Family placed flower's in the Lane as seen in the Media, but this was not the place where Jo was found, the Family walked there afterwards away from the Media.

We shall have to agree to differ, then. I believe the photos posted by Trio show the spot, and this is borne out by the direction the family took after placing the flowers.

If i remember rightly the family placed flowers 'nearby' to where JY's body was found, i watched hours & hours of consistent news footage on this, especially when the laid the flowers & these were the words the tv/news media were using.

The actual location of where JY's body was found was still under forensic investigation at the time.

Sorry, i havent been totally up with the thread the last few days due to work & limited opportunities to get online, but will definitely be trying my best to keep up with things.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...odyWasFoundNearBristol&lpos=searchresults

Just thought i'd mention GR's fundraiser for 'Missing Persons' hasnt been doing particuarly well considering the amount of coverage in the news this case has been given -

currently standing at £3,428.03 - i personally thought people might of donated more once somebody had been charged ??

http://www.justgiving.com/joannayeates

Plus also i thought i would mention in respect of JY & her family & friends, i will be joining them on Monday 31st January by paying my respects with a two minute silence from 11.00am GMT (UK time) as requested earlier this month.

You are welcome to join me :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhp2.jpg

Cheers Phillb for your help-) with posting them.

Recreated Scene in Longwood Lane, done for the Crimewatch TV Programme.

From the clues in the images, this is my guess for location

yeateslocation.jpg

Not going on anything technical but using common sense, wouldn't the most likely disposal site be the entrance of the quarry. It's easy to pull in and avoid blocking the road. Any cars that came up the lane would drive past you and possibly not even notice you. Can you imagine if you were at the pole site and a car came up behind you with their lights on full ? Just my opinion.

Not going on anything technical but using common sense, wouldn't the most likely disposal site be the entrance of the quarry. It's easy to pull in and avoid blocking the road. Any cars that came up the lane would drive past you and possibly not even notice you. Can you imagine if you were at the pole site and a car came up behind you with their lights on full ? Just my opinion.

I think that's one of the reasons that early reports commented on the location as being a place that appeared to be hastily and carelessly chosen ... possibly late at night when there was little traffic. It's possible that the person that put her there stopped at other locations, looked around, saw an approaching vehicle, and continued on to another location.

Hi Guys - Before I catch up on the news, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we have a Chat area. Instructions for getting to chat, can be found here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It is like an instant message forum, where you can chat in real time.

I know most of the posters on this thread are here while the rest of us sleep :) but chat is available 24/7.

Salem

Just one initial thought on the Crimewatch filming location. I'm not saying it isn't the exact same spot. It just very well might be. But on the other hand, I think it could possibly be the nearest best location.

Meaning for practical reasons really. You notice the Crimewatch snow scene has a nice tree lined backdrop. You can't see anything in the distance. I'm just wondering how many days, and how much money it would cost them to make a snow scene look realistic way into the quarry, and as far as the eye can see??

Perhaps if I were the film crew, I'd go for the easiest option and use a backdrop to save all that work and expense. It all depends on how crucial the Police thought the exact location was to the appeal. My thoughts are it's not very much looking at the shots above. That small snowy grass verge area when filmed, would give you absolutely no idea where it was situated on the lane. IMO that could have been filmed in any lane in the country and you wouldn't be any wiser. Until we have firm evidence of the exact spot, then I'm not going to take this for granted on the strength of this film shoot.

Just a thought to ponder :)

You make it sound like 'Amityville Horror' - i dont believe anybody has made a film called '25 Cromwell Street' & i dont expect them too either !

The following (announced a couple of weeks ago) comes close (although 25 Cromwell Street itself was demolished some years ago):

"TV is facing fresh controversy after it unveiled plans to make a new drama about notorious serial killers Fred and Rosemary West."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1347995/ITVs-planned-Fred-Rose-West-drama-upsets-victims-families.html

If i remember rightly the family placed flowers 'nearby' to where JY's body was found, i watched hours & hours of consistent news footage on this, especially when the laid the flowers & these were the words the tv/news media were using.

The actual location of where JY's body was found was still under forensic investigation at the time.

Yes, I know, but towards the end of this extended clip, after having placed the flowers, they go towards the actual spot, which is out of sight but definitely beyond the quarry entrance. Plus early on (about 45 secs in) there is a shot of a place marked by a single bunch of flowers (no, forget that, that's marking the site where the family place their flowers)

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/2010/12/27/R27121002/?s=Greg+Reardon

Just one initial thought on the Crimewatch filming location. I'm not saying it isn't the exact same spot. It just very well might be. But on the other hand, I think it could possibly be the nearest best location.

You may be right. But going by the film clips showing the police tape and movements beyond it, I am now convinced the spot was north of the quarry entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay