GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting in to the debate as to whether "beast" is a fantasist or not I did find three architects events (or events for architects held in November 2009.

I haven't got exact details or links currently to hand tonight but:

The Architect of the Year Awards are held in November and were held in London in 2009.

There was another annual architect/construction awards event held in Edinburgh.

There was another (perhaps less likely) architects conference held in Spain (Barcelona)

Joanna's firm would have taken tables at all events to varying degrees, because they won and/or were nominated for awards at all of them.

Even so, is it likely that a firm of more than 1200 staff would choose a relatively new employee who'd only worked for 13 months in one of their provincial offices to attend such a prestigious event? None of the nominations were for projects designed by BDP's Bristol office.

Even so, is it likely that a firm of more than 1200 staff would choose a relatively new employee who'd only worked for 13 months in one of their provincial offices to attend such a prestigious event? None of the nominations were for projects designed by BDP's Bristol office.

I was pointing out that there were several events during November 2009. Who attended is another matter. "Beast" didn't actually say JY attended the ball. It is possible to have "fisticuffs" over a person who isn't actually present themselves.

It could be that none of the involved parties were present. It could be that all or some of them were. They could have booked a place individually - I've attended similar events in my own related industry by booking individual places. Their local office could have taken a table -I've attended events by this means too.

I agree that it's less likely any or all of the parties concerned (JY, VT, GR) were at these evening dinners but not impossible that they weren't hence I wouldn't be too quick to rule their attendance out.

Where "beast" is concerned however, from the little to be gleaned about him and his occupation, I struggle to see a reason why he himself would have attended any of these events, and that's probably more of a reason to rule them out than any.

on another side...I met a member of the gym where cj had been a member till Nov 2010...
can't say too much but apparently he focussed on CV workouts eg rowing machine and was pretty fit. However, when police approached staff to ask if he might have been strong enough to lift the body over a wall it was thought not possible...unless he had help... as he never did any weight training.

Just a little item of interest about someone still on police bail....

Oh that's interesting. For me at least it seems to point towards the police believing the killer's initial intent had been to lift Jo's body over that wall and, for whatever reason, they failed to do so. Other than an assumption that hiding a body behind the wall would have been a better solution, I wonder if there were actual signs at the scene that an attempt had been made to do so.

I'm thinking back again to initial reports that Jo's body was found "slumped against a wall".

I'm reminded of a tale my GP told me a few years ago. The police had dropped in to see him about a young man on his patient books. This chap had been arrested for burglary and was denying it. The police went to ask his GP whether in his opinion the man in question was capable of climbing over a tall fence with a large television with him too. The GP said yes, in his opinion a strapping 6ft+ lad like him was well capable of doing that.

Unless he was disturbed I can't see VT having any difficulty getting a body over that wall....so why didn't he?

I was pointing out that there were several events during November 2009. Who attended is another matter. "Beast" didn't actually say JY attended the ball. It is possible to have "fisticuffs" over a person who isn't actually present themselves.

It could be that none of the involved parties were present. It could be that all or some of them were. They could have booked a place individually - I've attended similar events in my own related industry by booking individual places. Their local office could have taken a table -I've attended events by this means too.

I agree that it's less likely any or all of the parties concerned (JY, VT, GR) were at these evening dinners but not impossible that they weren't hence I wouldn't be too quick to rule their attendance out.

Where "beast" is concerned however, from the little to be gleaned about him and his occupation, I struggle to see a reason why he himself would have attended any of these events, and that's probably more of a reason to rule them out than any.

its interesting to note these events held in Nov

http://www.teambuilduk.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1289488488TB2008_Report_webcopy.pdf

teams from BDP Bristol and Buro Happold attended this

and GR ...and JS a facebook friend of VT..

http://www.teambuilduk.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1289488768TB2009_Report_WEBrev2.pdf

BDP london won this event in 2009 ...

and a team largely made up of BH employees were runners up

did they have a formal get together to celebrate? were previous entrants and some other workers there?

http://www.teambuilduk.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1289488488TB2008_Report_webcopy.pdf

teams from BDP Bristol and Buro Happold attended this

and GR ...and JS a facebook friend of VT..

http://www.teambuilduk.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1289488768TB2009_Report_WEBrev2.pdf

BDP london won this event in 2009 ...

and a team largely made up of BH employees were runners up

did they have a formal get together to celebrate? were previous entrants and some other workers there?

Good find.

Even if that wasn't "the ball" it's obviously something both BDP and BH encourage their young people to participate in.

I see there's a launch party poster on that site to download. I didn't look at it but presumably they do have an evening event for them of some kind.

Another possible November 2009 event (in Cardiff..40 miles from Bristol)
http://www.cibse.org/content/Regions/south_wales/SWalesNewsletter1web.pdf

a wee bit o/t, but interesting blog piece from the Independent about a young man who went missing on the same day as Joanna, but his case, in contrast, received almost no press coverage:

Missing Men – missing from media coverage
---
Something else though, is that the story of this missing person ran parallel to that of Joanna Yeates. Whilst the Attorney General was warning journalists and newsgroups about reporting too much information and revealing too many details about Joanna’s murder enquiry and sparking debate over the press’ loss of respect for the Contempt of Court Act, Nathan’s disappearance went close to unnoticed. Apart from a mention in the Daily Mail, the only paper to report and follow the story was the MEN. The nationals had other things on their mind
---

very good read, at link above

wfgodot, men going missing is not particularly unusual or newsworthy. The disappearance and subsequent murders of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the disappearance of JY all featured girls of middle-class parents and as such were extremely unusual events for the UK and captured the public's interest. It was a case of if this could happen to them then it could happen to anyone. I remember some Chief Constable at the time of the Soham murders questioning why there hadn't been the same attention paid by the media to the murder of someone in the Asian community. However it later turned out that someone close to the Asian victim had been responsible.

If the public believe that someone has been a victim of a domestic dispute (as many murders are) or has been a victim of their own drunkenness, drug-taking, poor driving, or bad judgement then in general the public's interest will be limited. On the other hand if someone has taken a completely innocent life and that person is unknown and the public can assist in their apprehension then irrespective of the gender, background or race of the victim then the public will be keen to do what it can to bring the offender to justice.

That's certainly intriguing, although the "teambuild" programme doesn't include any dancing, let alone a ball, and BDP Bristol weren't involved in 2009 (the year referenced by the beastie).

My own feeling is that if there had been fisticuffs between VT and GR at a ball, there would have been independent confirmation by now, given the publicity the case has been given over the last eight weeks.

betover68 on Twitter - here's another "beast like" character.

http://twitter.com/betover68

This person to my knowledge has only tweeted three times and only tweets about this case. Before typing a tweet they delete the previous tweet so only the most current comment shows on their page.

Here's the latest tweet-

Joanna Yeates case : anyone thinking police got 'their man' in Vincent Tabak may have to reconsider. All will be revealed soon.
about 10 hours ago via web

Here's the previous tweet before the latest one-

Joanna Yeates case : Vincent Tabak's legal team may have found a witness who could potentially compromise the prosecutor's charge.
10:42 AM Jan 26th via web

The first tweet was on the day VT was charged ...a couple of hours before it was announced he'd been charged...saying on the lines of "official - VT charged with murder, suspect apparently confessed, press conference to follow"

So, is this person an attention seeking idiot, or an insider? At the time of the first (known) tweet they had 3 followers. They now have 39 followers and follow nobody themself. Several journalists are amongst the followers so obviously think this person is at least worth "keeping an eye on".

Via a quick search on Google of that username the only other activity ...if this is the same person...seems to be X-Factor related. Not exactly something to add to this person's credibility, if it's the same betover68 that is.

Anyway, worth a mention I think regardless. If a few journo's are following this character they haven't discounted them as a nutter (or yet) so I reckon we should keep an eye on him/her too.

betover68 on Twitter - here's another "beast like" character......

The first tweet was on the day VT was charged ...a couple of hours before it was announced he'd been charged...saying on the lines of "official - VT charged with murder, suspect apparently confessed, press conference to follow"

As far as I'm aware, news of the impending arrest of VT was first broken by Inspectorgadget on his blog at 2.30pm on the 22nd January 2011. The fact that someone then later tweeted that prediction together with the erroneous information that the suspect had apparently confessed is of no great significance.

betover68 on Twitter - here's another "beast like" character.

Here's the latest tweet-

Joanna Yeates case : anyone thinking police got 'their man' in Vincent Tabak may have to reconsider. All will be revealed soon.

I guess we're all waiting to see what "soon" means!

The common elements in all of this sort of thing seem to be (1) vague statements on the WWW that might just seem plausible (notice "Vincent Tabak's legal team may have found a witness"), (2) a tendency to use twitter or facebook, rather than discussion forums such as this, making it impossible to ask questions such as where was the architect's ball that nobody else seems to be able to identify?

I'm afraid I think it's just the work of attention seekers trying pot shots in the hope that if they strike lucky they'll come out of hiding and say "I told you so".

There are an awful lot of net kooks out there. I've seen long discussions about astrological signs predicting the murder, saturnists pursuing a ritual sacrifice, freemasons rolling up their trouser legs equated to the missing sock, Bristol's ancient Society of Merchant Venturers being totally misunderstood and blamed for some elaborate cover-up that has fooled the police, and much more.

The truth is probably going to accord with Occam's Razor - that the events will be explained by the simplest of theories which account for the known facts. The current difficulty is that we don't know all of the facts.

another snippet....heard from a friend whose friend's brother worked as teacher at clifton college in 70s...
apparently, after glynis c murder all staff were interviewed, inc, presumably,cj.

went to clifton yesterday...affluent cafe society; seemed oh so safe and secure, like being in a bubble...can see the attraction...if you like that and have the money...

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.

TM, VT's GF visits him on the day of JY's funeral. I guess VT's family came along as well. Photos too at link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...nt-Tabak-on-the-day-of-Jo-Yeates-funeral.html

The last sentence of the article states:

His family insist he is innocent.

Naturally they would say that but the silence around this case is deafening.
If I were innocent and locked up in prison I would be making some noise and if I couldn't make a strong point myself it would be through family, friends and supporters or my legal team. They wouldn't be able to shut me or my noisey representatives up.

The L/L is quiet too. Is he still on police bail?
Does he have a legal team?

Was it a coincidence they chose the day of Joanna's funeral to make the prison visit?

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.

TM, VT's GF visits him on the day of JY's funeral. I guess VT's family came along as well. Photos too at link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...nt-Tabak-on-the-day-of-Jo-Yeates-funeral.html

The Sun must be over the moon with itself at finding such an unflattering photo of VT to use alongside the "English Rose" like photo of Jo.

Unless they manage to find an even worse one we know now what pic of VT the media will use if he's convicted.

I wonder who the "female family friend" was. Why I wonder is because TM left early to allow VT's brother and "family friend" time alone with VT. Usually it's the other way round - others on the visit leave early to allow the prisoner and partner time alone together on the visit instead....not that any of the visitors will have been aware of the "form" where prison visiting etiquette is concerned, it probably being the first time TM and VT's brother have ever stepped inside a prison, but something I picked up on all the same because it goes against the usual grain.

I'm guessing that the "female family friend" is either close family of VT and not just a family friend, or someone there with the brother in an unofficial advisor capacity.

The last sentence of the article states:

His family insist he is innocent.

Naturally they would say that but the silence around this case is deafening.
If I were innocent and locked up in prison I would be making some noise and if I couldn't make a strong point myself it would be through family, friends and supporters or my legal team. They wouldn't be able to shut me or my noisey representatives up.

The L/L is quiet too. Is he still on police bail?
Does he have a legal team?

Was it a coincidence they chose the day of Joanna's funeral to make the prison visit?

Innocent or guilty, even if someone wanted to make some noise about their innocence they'd struggle to do so. The press couldn't report it - they aren't allowed to prior to the trial.

VT hasn't yet seen what evidence they have against him. Until then he won't put his defence together with his brief and the less said the better about what that defence is until the trial. Certainly it would do him no favours for details of it to be known to all and sundry in advance, even if it could be revealed that is.

Unfortunate timing of the prison visit I agree, but perhaps the visit (and flights) were arranged before the date of the funeral was announced.

The Sun must be over the moon with itself at finding such an unflattering photo of VT to use alongside the "English Rose" like photo of Jo.

Unless they manage to find an even worse one we know now what pic of VT the media will use if he's convicted.

I wonder who the "female family friend" was. Why I wonder is because TM left early to allow VT's brother and "family friend" time alone with VT. Usually it's the other way round - others on the visit leave early to allow the prisoner and partner time alone together on the visit instead....not that any of the visitors will have been aware of the "form" where prison visiting etiquette is concerned, it probably being the first time TM and VT's brother have ever stepped inside a prison, but something I picked up on all the same because it goes against the usual grain.

I'm guessing that the "female family friend" is either close family of VT and not just a family friend, or someone there with the brother in an unofficial advisor capacity.

BBM - Very nice! :floorlaugh:

I was wondering about the "friend" myself. I think you got it spot on with "unofficial advisor".

MOO:cow:

I thought that too, that photo is the worst I've seen of him. Maybe before long they'll be using the long legged shadow figure of beanpole man alongside the lovely Jo.

I thought that too, that photo is the worst I've seen of him. Maybe before long they'll be using the long legged shadow figure of beanpole man alongside the lovely Jo.

He looks like Quasimodo.

And then it doesn't help that his pic is a close-up (or been blown up) so his head looks huge, even more huge when the pic's shown alongside that pic of Jo.

I think they're already gearing themselves up with those pics for a definite "Beauty and the Beast" headliner if he goes down for this. Since this is The Sun we're talking about I'm sure they'll manage to fit in a "Whacky Tabaky" headline eventually too.

Innocent or guilty, even if someone wanted to make some noise about their innocence they'd struggle to do so. The press couldn't report it - they aren't allowed to prior to the trial.

VT hasn't yet seen what evidence they have against him. Until then he won't put his defence together with his brief and the less said the better about what that defence is until the trial. Certainly it would do him no favours for details of it to be known to all and sundry in advance, even if it could be revealed that is.

Unfortunate timing of the prison visit I agree, but perhaps the visit (and flights) were arranged before the date of the funeral was announced.

Very good points but it seems okay for his family to claim he is innocent and for that to be reported.
A future jury member could think 'well, his family claimed he is innocent.'
Perhaps they should keep their thoughts to themselves too because they weren't there when the alleged crime happened.

I believe the police would have outlined their case against VT in the interview room when they were angling for a confession.

Now, I'm not disagreeing with anything in the quoted post but rather throwing a few thoughts into the mix.

I assume VT will make a bail application before this goes to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy