GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I was in prison accused of a murder I had not committed I would be very upset, but I would know in my heart that I was innocent, I would not want to commit suicide as I hope the truth will come out and my nightmare will end.
Staff at the prison must think V/T might do this or he would not be on suicide watch, a lot of people think the police may have the wrong man, but why would he want to commit suicide if he is an innocent man.
Link below.

V/T is being monitored around the clock at Long Lartin jail, where he is on remand.
Staff at the top-security prison have been told to check the 32-year-old every 30 minutes throughout the day and night.
An insider said: "He has been placed under constant observation by the assessment care in custody team.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...es-murder-put-on-suicide-watch-in-prison.html

Can someone be kept on bail if that person is considered a leading witness but police are concerned they could leave the country before being given a summons to appear at a trial ?

The person who killed J is cold-blooded, arrogant, has a superiority complex and even believes that what he did was not that bad. He will plead "not guilty," because in his warped mind, he can do whatever he wants and other people don't matter. According to him, other people can be dumped at the side of the road like garbage, and he isn't going to let that spoil his life. He will do everything possible to carry on living his life to the full, because he is the only person that matters, in his mind.

agree...yes..that's what i read.
i can always get back to friend and find out more...

is there anything else we need to know...

Yes - can you pop over to Canynge Road and check out whether CJ's back. If his lights are on you'll know he's in so have a quick look to see which of his cars has been returned :great:

The only thing I'm certain about is that whoever did this is dangerous and should never be released.

The person who killed J is cold-blooded, arrogant, has a superiority complex and even believes that what he did was not that bad. He will plead "not guilty," because in his warped mind, he can do whatever he wants and other people don't matter. According to him, other people can be dumped at the side of the road like garbage, and he isn't going to let that spoil his life. He will do everything possible to carry on living his life to the full, because he is the only person that matters, in his mind.

I'm "not sure" about that. :) He could equally well have been appalled, badly frightened and panic-stricken. It won't surprise me at all if it turns out to have been closer to manslaughter, unpremeditated, just something that went badly wrong. The suggestion that the DNA traces came from an attempt to resuscitate seems plausible. We just don't know at this stage.

well thats the definition of a sociopath

would you like to be more specific ?

is this person actually in the position of 'pleading not guilty' in court?

I think if I was in prison accused of a murder I had not committed I would be very upset, but I would know in my heart that I was innocent, I would not want to commit suicide as I hope the truth will come out and my nightmare will end.
Staff at the prison must think V/T might do this or he would not be on suicide watch, a lot of people think the police may have the wrong man, but why would he want to commit suicide if he is an innocent man.

It's not unusual in the circumstances Whitedove, to be put on "suicide watch" that is, when first admitted to prison. It doesn't mean he's appeared suicidal or that they think he might possibly be anyway - they're just following procedure and covering their backs.

Where he'll have been put initially is in segregation (or known inside as put "in the block". They're segregated from all other prisoners, in a cell of their own, with fewer belongings and more frequently checked. Once they've "settled in" and the prison has decided where to put them inside the prison they move them.

A lot in there are in and out of prison like they're attached to it by a piece of elastic- it's a second home for them. VT not exactly being a hardcore member of the criminal fraternity was probably relieved as heck to be put somewhere away from them all initially.

Can someone be kept on bail if that person is considered a leading witness but police are concerned they could leave the country before being given a summons to appear at a trial ?

As far as I know CJ was put on police bail with no conditions, or rather the only condition being that he would be required to return to the police station to answer further questions..should he be asked at any point to return.

He'll make an interesting witness though. I'm not sure the prosecution will want him on the witness stand. If he's down as a prosecution witness in due course I can imagine the prosecution hoping like hell the defence doesn't dispute anything in his statement so he doesn't need to be called to the stand at all. It'll be a colourful day in court I guess if CJ gets his day on that stand.

Yes - can you pop over to Canynge Road and check out whether CJ's back. If his lights are on you'll know he's in so have a quick look to see which of his cars has been returned :great:

will ask son round the corner...but he thinks i am obsessed with this murder so may well refuse!!!(True)

But will do my best...can't promise....will just ask about any cars there...not so personal...or obsessive!

I'm "not sure" about that. :) He could equally well have been appalled, badly frightened and panic-stricken. It won't surprise me at all if it turns out to have been closer to manslaughter, unpremeditated, just something that went badly wrong. The suggestion that the DNA traces came from an attempt to resuscitate seems plausible. We just don't know at this stage.

Just trying to put myself into the mind of a killer. If I did it accidentally, I wouldn't pretend to be innocent. I would hate myself for what I did and confess all.

well thats the definition of a sociopath

would you like to be more specific ?

is this person actually in the position of 'pleading not guilty' in court?

I don't know; I'm really just trying to get a feel for the killer's mentality.

Just trying to put myself into the mind of a killer. If I did it accidentally, I wouldn't pretend to be innocent. I would hate myself for what I did and confess all.

Is this not one of those rarer than rare scenarios though that, till it actually happened, you just can't say for certainty what you'd actually do or exactly how you'd react?

Is this not one of those rarer than rare scenarios though that, till it actually happened, you just can't say for certainty what you'd actually do or exactly how you'd react?

Yes, I suppose that if, up until that fatal incident, I had been, at least outwardly, a "normal" person, this event might trigger a sequence of mental events that might result in my wanting to convince other people of my innocence. I suspect that in my case, I would just turn into an hysterical wreck and ask somebody to lock me away for ever!

It would take a very cold hearted person though who could sit back and say nothing and allow someone else to be accused and their life destroyed for something they did.

Is that a Psychologist view or an educated guess Notsure, it is probably the view of a sociopath/psychopath/Narcist I would have thought.

Is that a Psychologist view or an educated guess Notsure, it is probably the view of a sociopath/psychopath/Narcist I would have thought.

I wonder if we have any members/guests who are also psychiatrists....or who have had formal training in identifying personality traits....???

As far as I know CJ was put on police bail with no conditions, or rather the only condition being that he would be required to return to the police station to answer further questions..should he be asked at any point to return.

He'll make an interesting witness though. I'm not sure the prosecution will want him on the witness stand. If he's down as a prosecution witness in due course I can imagine the prosecution hoping like hell the defence doesn't dispute anything in his statement so he doesn't need to be called to the stand at all. It'll be a colourful day in court I guess if CJ gets his day on that stand.

I cannot imagine cj being asked pertinent questions by the prosecution about the night Jo disappeared.

After all., it was the different versions given (his to neighbours initially telling them about his sighting of 3 people outside flat/then retracting this statement and asking neighbours to keep quiet...and finally one of neighbours approaching police re..mixed messages)that led to his arrest in the first place...

I wd think prosecution will do all they can to keep him away....

Anyone agree/disagree??

Accused’s girl visits jail as Jo is laid to rest
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...nt-Tabak-on-the-day-of-Jo-Yeates-funeral.html

Would this girl visit VT in prison if it was her that made the sobbing phone call to the L/E

not sure...but certainly she wd not admit to it...

we have not been told exactly who made the call, have we...

might she have had a chance to discuss the situation before...after all, vt was whisked away from aberdeen rd at 6am and this friday visit will be the first chance she will have had of seeing/talking to him...

perhaps...as family there...giving him the benefit of the doubt...

I cannot imagine cj being asked pertinent questions by the prosecution about the night Jo disappeared.

After all., it was the different versions given (his to neighbours initially telling them about his sighting of 3 people outside flat/then retracting this statement and asking neighbours to keep quiet...and finally one of neighbours approaching police re..mixed messages)that led to his arrest in the first place...

I wd think prosecution will do all they can to keep him away....

Anyone agree/disagree??

I agree with you Naturally. But you know I still wonder about him and the bail situation. I am of the opinion there is still more to come, but as it stands right now I am sure the prosecution would want to keep him away. He could be a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876