GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still hasn't come out, has it, what made them (her parents/GR) KNOW she'd been abducted? Other than her coat and boots, keys etc being there - I thought maybe there was something else, signs of a struggle or something key missing (we thought a surfboard bag at one point).

Aside from CJ being completely messed over by the media and VT, I feel bad that he will almost certainly have great trouble leasing out these flats again! I know I wouldn't want to live in either of them, and this case is so public that people will know.

Obviously WAY less significant than the actual murder, but was just thinking about this.

Yes, I think this is a good theory. Perhaps he had seen Greg leaving and though Jo was gone too, especially with her being out that night. He was fooling around in the flat and she caught him.

I remember in the beginning of this investigation there was a lot of emphasis on the fact that there used to be a passage between the two ground floor flats and that VT was an expert in matters like that. Perhaps he was in the habit of entering the flat through some passage when they were out? Either that or he had a spare key somehow. But since everyone is saying Jo and Greg didn't know VT I find that unlikely. I would also imagine that the landlord would have given a list of everyone he knew to have a spare key.

VT only said to LE that he had been inside her flat because his DNA was in there - this is what the pros have alleged to have happened because he apparently lied and said CJ used to go in all the time and he (CJ) could have been in Jo's flat when he saw CJ. He was trying to set up the landlord and get himself (and his DNA fibres and the like) off the hook.

I do wonder if there may be someone else involved. They say she was pinned down by her wrists and that two hands were used to strangle her. No sign of ligature. How is that possible with one person? Unless he was using his legs to pin her. Still, it seems to me there could possibly be someone else involved. Not convinced though by any means!

I think the important point is that he could easily get from J's flat (carrying her) to the parking area (where he brought his car) without going in front of the house.

You are correct Cherwell, I was replying to Whiterum that he did have his own entrance/path and I couldn't think of a reason he would be passing Jo's door to get to his door.
I also believe that Jo was taken around the corner and loaded into his car boot.

From Rupert Evelyn (ITV)
Twitter silence over. I have followed the jury to Joanna yeates' flat and been inside

Much of what you'd expect to be inside has been taken but many personal possessions remained

Inside Jo's flat there were unopened christmas crackers, tinsel on the curtain rail and what looks like an unsent Christmas card to friends

Everywhere inside Joanna yeates's flat are signs of the police investigation. Carpets had been removed. Forensic fingerprint dust on walls

The jury spent 22 minutes inside the flat having walked the route Joanna took home on Dec 17th

I do wonder if there may be someone else involved. They say she was pinned down by her wrists and that two hands were used to strangle her. No sign of ligature. How is that possible with one person? Unless he was using his legs to pin her. Still, it seems to me there could possibly be someone else involved. Not convinced though by any means!

It's possible with one person because at one point he was restraining her by her wrists and at another point he had his hands around her throat. His arms are longer than hers so she wouldn't be able to gouge his face while he was doing it or she could have been face down at that point and not able to get at him.

Yes, I think this is a good theory. Perhaps he had seen Greg leaving and though Jo was gone too, especially with her being out that night. He was fooling around in the flat and she caught him.

I remember in the beginning of this investigation there was a lot of emphasis on the fact that there used to be a passage between the two ground floor flats and that VT was an expert in matters like that. Perhaps he was in the habit of entering the flat through some passage when they were out? Either that or he had a spare key somehow. But since everyone is saying Jo and Greg didn't know VT I find that unlikely. I would also imagine that the landlord would have given a list of everyone he knew to have a spare key.

Vt had lived there a few years, CJ may have trusted him enough to give him a key at one time or other for some reason, to let painters in or something while he was away. He could have secretly got one cut for himself, so he could nosey or whatever, anytime he had an opportunity.

Vt had lived there a few years, CJ may have trusted him enough to give him a key at one time or other for some reason, to let painters in or something while he was away. He could have secretly got one cut for himself, so he could nosey or whatever, anytime he had an opportunity.

True. If Jo and Greg didn't get the locks refitted he could have had keys from a while ago that still worked for that lock.

By the time GR left on his journey at 7pm it would have been dark; therefore would he not have left a light on in the flat for JY?

Apparently there is a video of the interior flat being shown on SKY and BBC news now. From someone looking in the kitchen window from the outside, what would the view of the room have been? What could VT see? Has any of you seen the video? I cannot access it.

Did he perhaps knock on the window to get JY's attention?

Comparing the inside/outside views of the kitchen window, it's clear that the floor inside is lower than outside, which is why the defence might be asking the jury to note carefully the view from inside.

If, as is claimed, that's how VT & JY first saw each other, then it's possible that neither would have seen the other's face due to height differential between the kitchen floor and the path.

There's a whole range scenarios (real or fabricated) that could result from the above, including misunderstandings about who each other might be...

Something I've wondered for a while is whether VT would claim that she had a knife in her hand (having just used it to open the pizza wrapping) and she lunged at him with it so he acted in self defence.

Might be useful to keep these two pictures together.
dc88f261f31551d8c34a3716fb23f32f7d6f7e0b.jpg
jo-yeates-image-2-697085012.jpg

Might be useful to keep these two pictures together.
dc88f261f31551d8c34a3716fb23f32f7d6f7e0b.jpg
jo-yeates-image-2-697085012.jpg

Yes, thank you.

Pretty hard for anyone at the interior to see outside without stepping on tippy toes because of the kitchen sink.

I'm surprised the defense didn't ask for a visit to the flat at night when it was dark, so that the jurors could see what both VT and JY would have seen from each of their vantage points, taking into consideration how much the laneway was lit up, and how much interior light was on.

I guess the missing stones are removed for DNA and the like. Some of her 43 injuries must have came whilst he tried to get her over that wall.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16087619 - Has a video in the flat, you can see the red marks on the wall near the internal doors from forensics. Just noticed they lead from bedroom to front door! Another near the lightswitch.

Why is there a microphone at the window?

I asked the ITN man on Twitter and neither Counsel said anything during this mornings visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx