GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deposition site, courtesy of Rupert Evelyn. A short distance past the quarry entrance, and on the same side of the road. Indicated by the painted line on the road.

AbjuqzMCQAAys4p.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/rupertevelyn/status/124111408806903808/photo/1

Why had the defence made the kitchen window an important part of its argument. From the pictures I've seen JY front door had a spy hole so she would have seen someone if they were stood outside her door?

It's not impossible that, with the weather closing in, she saw a pair of trousered legs passing the window and assumed that GR had abandoned his trip to Sheffield and come home, so she flung open the door without checking ...

It may come down to this sorry modern tale of not knowing your neighbour - she panicked and picked up something threatening, he panicked and thought he was going to be knocked out with a ski or punctured with a knife ...

Of course, it is easy for the imagination to concoct such scenarios ... and that is what VT may have been doing for the last 9 months.

But it would be truly tragic if the whole mess turned out to revolve around mistaken identities and panic.

I'm reminded of the extraordinary 2009 case of Brian Thomas, who had a nightmare in which he mistook his wife for a burglar and strangled her - and there was no doubt that it really was a case of mistaken identity.

Personally I think he planned it all along. JMO.

If he'd planned a murder I'm sure he'd have chosen a better site for the corpse. Leaving JY on a narrow verge where, had it not been for the snow, she would surely have been spotted by daybreak seems to me to be evidence of sheer panic.

Photos of the inside of the flat - looks like police concentrated on kitchen & bathroom for fingerprint tests - is that the black stuff?

Most of the news sites I've seen that printed the bathroom photo identified it as fingerprint dust.

The shower/tub is absolutely covered in it. Hmm...

If he'd planned a murder I'm sure he'd have chosen a better site for the corpse. Leaving JY on a narrow verge where, had it not been for the snow, she would surely have been spotted by daybreak seems to me to be evidence of sheer panic.

I agree. Also the computer activity after the murder suggests that he was in panic and desperately trying to gain some kind of control over the situation. I do not think it was planned. I think he was caught in a humiliating situation and panicked.

Most of the news sites I've seen that printed the bathroom photo identified it as fingerprint dust.

I wouldn't regard that as significant. LE had a responsibility to check everything.

Hi everyone, i have followed these threads since the incident last year, im local to the area (well 20 miles away) so this case has intrigued me from the start, one thing i have noticed from the photos released today is in the bedroom photo there is a phone on the wall which to me looks like an intercom phone? i had one of these in my flat, a wall mounted telephone usually has a cord running to the phone point somewhere, this one dosent which makes me sure its an intercom handset.

Also outside jo's front door this seems to be backed up with an intercom button panel. (not sure why there would be an intercom with only one flat being available from it!) but i just thought it worth pointing out!! as it raises the argument to wether he was already in the flat? as if it was jo who had let him in, she would have been able to talk to him via the handset 1st?

im with the others who think he was already in the flat and got caught red handed!

edit/ found the pictures i was refering to!

3247412.png

jo-yeates-image-2-697085012.jpg

I can't understand why everyone is so easily abandoning the sexual motive. That was what he looked up on the internet after all. I admit the timeline is a bit tight but that applies to all motive hypotheses.
On a second point I can't understand why it is being taken for granted that JY didn't know VTto such an extent that she wouldn't even recognise him. Apart from the cat incident and the intrinsic improbability, no informed witness has even claimed that they had never bumped into one another or said "hello".

I can't understand why everyone is so easily abandoning the sexual motive. That was what he looked up on the internet after all. I admit the timeline is a bit tight but that applies to all motive hypotheses.
On a second point I can't understand why it is being taken for granted that JY didn't know VTto such an extent that she wouldn't even recognise him. Apart from the cat incident and the intrinsic improbability, no informed witness has even claimed that they had never bumped into one another or said "hello".

What did he look up on the net related to sexual motives? I think I missed that one!

I can't understand why it is being taken for granted that JY didn't know VTto such an extent that she wouldn't even recognise him. Apart from the cat incident and the intrinsic improbability, no informed witness has even claimed that they had never bumped into one another or said "hello".

I must admit I thought they would have at least been on nodding terms, but it seems he had barely been there since G & J moved in, and had only returned from the USA a week before the death. Plus it was winter: daylight hours are short and people stay indoors more, so not much opportunity.

i live in the general area as already said, i have lived next door to a young woman around the same age as Jo for a year now and in all the attempts ive made to nod, say hello, smile you name it i gave up in the end as she just dosent want to know?? head down thats it, its a funny old area!! i come from essex originally and am naturally chatty, this part of the country people seem to keep themselves to themselves i find.

i live in the area as already said, i have lived next door to a young woman around the same age as Jo for a year now and in all the attempts ive made to nod, say hello, smile you name it i gave up in the end as she just dosent want to know?? head down thats it, its a funny old area!! i come from essex originally and am naturally chatty, this part of the country people seem to keep themselves to themselves i find.

True, and young women (me being one) are often standoffish as we know the risks of giving off anything that may be seen as 'signals' to anyone we don't know.

True, and young women (me being one) are often standoffish as we know the risks of giving off anything that may be seen as 'signals' to anyone we don't know.

this is how i took it too sonata, so gave up before i made a nuisance of myself! i guess it dosent help that i sound like pete beale when i talk :(

this is how i took it too sonata, so gave up before i made a nuisance of myself! i guess it dosent help that i sound like peate beale when i talk :(

Haha, I'm sure you're fine. It's the times we live in not you!

I saw that and round the hood from the cooker as if they had been looking to see if she had been home and showered/cooked.

There isn't anything in the hall apart from the red forensic dots so if they had such a huge struggle there that ended up with him killing her where are the signs? Surely, if she struggled things would be knocked off or did Greg tidy up. Is the lamp broken from the struggle?

Surely, if she struggled things would be knocked off or did Greg tidy up. Is the lamp broken from the struggle?

If there had been things broken and obvious signs of a struggle when GR got home, surely he would have called the police straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive