Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And he goes on to say:
Matthew Phillips at door to 53 canynge Rd "I heard commotion, more than one voice, one of group had shrieked, did not sound in distress".

Not too good for a prosecution witness ... is this the doubt about the scream that the defence introduced on Tuesday?

That was earlier, though. Perhaps they're trying to muddy the waters.

@juliareidsky
Next statement Warren Sweet who arrived with mr Phillips at the party at about 2030. He did not hear the scream or see anything untoward

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Next statement Warren Sweet who arrived with mr Phillips at the party at about 2030. He did not hear the scream or see anything untoward
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Harry Walker now in witness box for prosecution. He was living on nearby Percival road on dec 17th #Joannayeates
44 seconds ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Mr Walker was at home on dec 17 having dinner with his fiancée. He heard what sounded like a scream

juliareidsky Julia Reid
He said the scream was loud enough to hear over the television- it lasted between half a second and a second

juliareidsky Julia Reid
He said it was definitely a 'human noise' he thought it might be students at a party but it was a bit early for that.
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Mr Walker said it sounded like a woman or perhaps child. His fiancée asked if he heard it and he said yes - it was probably students

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Harry Walker "I heard what sounded like a scream, fairly loud to have come through windows and curtains"

Harry Walker "it was definitely a human noise, thought it was students, it sounded like a woman or child perhaps drunk"
32 seconds ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Ten minute break #Vincenttabak #Joannayeates
1 minute ago

If the scream heard by some people wasn't JY, you'd think that the person who DID scream would have come forward by now - also the people around her who would have been much closer eg we were messing around - I got chased outside -I screamed. Or if it was a lone person - I went outside - I slipped on the ice and screamed.

If the scream heard by some people wasn't JY, you'd think that the person who DID scream would have come forward by now - also the people around her who would have been much closer eg we were messing around - I got chased outside -I screamed. Or if it was a lone person - I went outside - I slipped on the ice and screamed.

I agree, IMO it was Jo.

Of course there is also the possibility that it was fox cry. How many times have people been caught out thinking it was a person in trouble when it was Mr or Mrs fox?

That said, It's still just circumstantial unless someone can verify they heard the scream coming from the property, say if for instance they were stood right outside 44.

If the scream heard by some people wasn't JY, you'd think that the person who DID scream would have come forward by now

It's not impossible that William Clegg QC might produce such a person when it comes to defence witnesses. It would be a good way of rubbishing the prosecution's evidemce if such a person has been found - although I think it unlikely.

"In answer to question at dinner [on 15 Jan] Tanja and Vincent both said "they had known Jo and Greg. Knew them in passing""

Hmm ... directly contradicting what VT told the police, if I remember correctly.

juliareidsky Julia Reid
#Vincenttabak trial back. Now hearing statement from a friend of Tanya Morson who had met #Vincenttabak
2 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
#Vincenttabak attended dinner party on January 15th. Tanja talked about police interviewing them and searching their flat.

juliareidsky Julia Reid
#Vincenttabak said at dinner party he played with #Joannayeates cat
10 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
At the party #Vincenttabak was exactly as he was
9 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Statement from Sarah Maddock who was at university with #Vincenttabak's girlfriend Tanja

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Sarah called Tanja after Christmas - she said she and tabak were thinking about getting married
6 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Tanja told Sarah Maddock that #Vincenttabak was upset by what happened because he hadn't heard anything

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Sarah Maddock also went to dinner party with #Vincenttabak. Tanja spoke about the effect on them and that police had come to Holland

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Sarah Maddock thinks #Vincenttabak said someone would have to be 'a totally detached crazy person' to act normal after doing that
4 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Sarah Maddock said they did not appear different or anxious at the dinner party #Vincenttabak was his usual 'quiet calm self'
3 minutes ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Statement from Louise Apthorpe who was also at the dinner party. She had met #Vincenttabak two years ago

In answer to question at dinner Tanja and Vincent both said "they had known Jo and Greg. Knew them in passing"

at dinner Vincent said he "used to play with Jo's cat but he hadn't seen it over the weekend but it reappeared on the Sunday"
11 minutes ago

Sarah Maddock friend of Tanja said "her and Vincent were thinking about marrying. The question seemed to be when & not if"
8 minutes ago

Sorry if it's a bit 'choppy' I'm moving between different Twitter accounts.

juliareidsky Julia Reid
She asked #Vincenttabak about his Christmas. He confirmed they had been interviewed at length. Tanja felt her words were twisted
2 minutes ago

Tanja told a friend that Jo & Greg were quieter than their predecessors

Court now adjourned.will resume again at 1430
1 minute ago

are these witnesses actually for the prosecution??

if they are supposed to be painting a picture of a cold blooded killer then they arent doing a very good job...

I thought what might a mother notice straight off that a b/f would not?

My conjecture was a possible reverse Pulp Fiction moment. If JY had been on the toilet after drinking in the bar and heard or saw something which made her react by getting up quickly and obviously not flushing. Something simple like that might make her parents feel JY wouldn't leave it like that. She was caught short.

It has been mentioned in one of the court tweets that Jo's coat (and something else I can't remember), it could have been bag or keys were lying on the hall floor when Greg arrived home. Jo had had a drink of cider which when I drink it, I run to the toilet a lot.
She could have been desperate for the toilet on way home. I don't know about anyone else, but if I am desperate for toilet the closer I get to home the worse it gets. Many a time I have ripped my coat off and threw it on the floor along with anything else I have in my hands. You would think if you were that desperate you would keep your coat on, but no, I always take my coat off first. I don't like using toilet in my coat. I would imagine a lot of woman are the same.

But that's very much your personal requirement; neither are actually required to prove a charge of murder.

Yes, it is a personal requirement [premeditation and motive], and important factors in corroborating the prosecution's case, in order to explain the particular brutality and duration of the attack (alleged), and VT's subsequent demeanor and actions; assuming of course VT was of sound mind and not under the influence of drink or drugs, and not suffering from a psychotic break, or any underlying mental health condition prior to or at the time of the attack, because that would change the dynamic.

are these witnesses actually for the prosecution??

if they are supposed to be painting a picture of a cold blooded killer then they arent doing a very good job...

... but they're doing an excellent job of painting a portrait of a talented actor (or a detached, crazy person ;) )

Vincent's girlfriend told friend they were thinking about marrying and starting a family this year,that it was a matter of when and not if

This makes me think even more that he was backed into a corner he couldnt get out of, getting caught red handed and his reputation and his future being ruined, so he had to act!

he had a very bright future, one that most people would give theyre right arm for! i just dont get why he would throw all that away?

Yes, it is a personal requirement [premeditation and motive], and important factors in corroborating the prosecution's case, in order to explain the particular brutality and duration of the attack (alleged), and VT's subsequent demeanor and actions; assuming of course VT was of sound mind and not under the influence of drink or drugs, and not suffering from a psychotic break, or any underlying mental health condition prior to or at the time of the attack, because that would change the dynamic.

No, I don't think you quite get it; neither premeditation nor motive are "important factors in corroborating the prosecution's case". The nature and degree of premeditation is an 'aggravating factor' in terms of schedule 12 CJA 2003, and effects sentencing not conviction. Actus reus and mens rea are all that are needed to secure conviction for a crime; causa doesn't come into it at all.

the prosecution must have overwhelming forensic evidence ...if they dont then maybe he should change his plea ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member