GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the jury were to see the flat basically as it was found as a crime scene, the curtains in the living room are closed.

The bedroom’s very sheer curtains were closed but it appears the pull down blind behind is almost up

That suggests to me that she hadn't yet been into the bedroom. Arriving home after dark, it's natural to close curtains/blinds as soon as you've gone into a room and switched the light on. Greg would have drawn the living room curtains as it would have been dark before he left. They might not always bother with the kitchen blind as the window wasn't really overlooked.

Surely if VT wanted to get rid of the pizza wrapping he could have burnt it.

Unless of course he did dump it in the conventional sense, but then it would be a little stupid of him to say he ate pizza.

Wasn't he caught out on CCTV doing something leading up to his arrest. I remember seeing B&W CCTV of him somewhere I'd assume was around Clifton, Perhaps he was taking out the rubbish?

I don't think any noteworthy information was disclosed to the media, other than his arrest, but the CCTV images definitely were.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...incent-Tabak-charged-murder-court-Monday.html

I think this is what you are referring to..... I think the Pizza wrappings would have been well gone by then (evening before his arrest) ..... the Pizza wrappings could have been dumped in Asda bins (cardboard could have been recycled)

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Because of the conditions Mott says the recovery of the body was "always going to be problematic"
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Mott says the body and ground were frozen. Defence asks about a broom handle used to help feed straps under the body.
2 minutes ago

Jo's parents are not in court at the moment
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Mr Mott says contamination of the frozen body with the broom handle was minimised. #Vincenttabak #Joannayeates
41 seconds ago

Def "you can't eliminate the real possibility there may have been contact" between broom and body? Mott agrees
26 seconds ago

Sorry if this has been posted before, if the jury were to see the flat basically as it was found as a crime scene, the curtains in the living room are closed.

The bedroom’s very sheer curtains were closed but it appears the pull down blind behind is almost up and you could see through those curtains at night from outside if close enough, especially through the space where the curtains meet in the middle.

The venetian type kitchen blinds in the kitchen are open but Jo could have opened these in a darkened kitchen to check for the cat, a noise, a knock at the door or in response to the security light coming on.

Since VT was familiar with the cat and played with it often, it must have been regularly out and about and as Cherwell said the cat could be involved in some way.

He could well have used it as a decoy or some pretence for Jo to open the door. A sensitive security light will respond even to a cat passing or at the doorstep.

The timing of Jo returning home and the screams go some way in showing that he could have entered or pushed in with the intent to attack and kill (or was already in).

But no matter what his defence, imo nothing is going to take away the state of Jo’s body and the time it took for her to die. He could have stopped at any time but he continued until she had expired. imo that alone will be enough to convict him of murder.

Totally agree, I think so far the defence are full of hot air. If you look the broom thing which is being discussed , the defence are trying to imply that they damaged her when they removed her. Even if that was the case a pathologist could easy see which marks were made before or after death. The defence are clutching at straws. IMO.

Bill Clegg QC defence "It's not possible to say if the clothing was disturbed or not" when preparing for recovery and lifting
34 seconds ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Short break for the jury #Vincenttabak
1 minute ago

The defence are clutching at straws. IMO.

Does look like it - hope you're right

@rupertevelyn
Bill Clegg QC defence "It's not possible to say if the clothing was disturbed or not" when preparing for recovery and lifting

Yes, well I think we have already come to the conclusion that the clothing was probably disarranged during attempts to push her over the wall. If he's trying to eliminate any suggestion of sexual assault ... there isn't really any evidence to suggest it anyway afaik.

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Mr Mott says contamination of the frozen body with the broom handle was minimised. #Vincenttabak #Joannayeates
41 seconds ago

Def "you can't eliminate the real possibility there may have been contact" between broom and body? Mott agrees
26 seconds ago

Is this man 'corned beef' did Mott not answer that question just 15 seconds earlier.

Does look like it - hope you're right

Yes, well I think we have already come to the conclusion that the clothing was probably disarranged during attempts to push her over the wall. If he's trying to eliminate any suggestion of sexual assault ... there isn't really any evidence to suggest it anyway afaik.

Yes, your'e right there is no charge of sexual assault only murder.

Is this man 'corned beef' did Mott not answer that question just 15 seconds earlier.

Err, I think that's two different reports of the same exchange.

The tweets are not in real time either, I saw somewhere that they are being checked and cleared before the reporters can send them.

Totally agree, I think so far the defence are full of hot air. If you look the broom thing which is being discussed , the defence are trying to imply that they damaged her when they removed her. Even if that was the case a pathologist could easy see which marks were made before or after death. The defence are clutching at straws. IMO.

It's fairly standard stuff. The defence will nitpick its way through the prosecution case in the hope of (at the very least) creating 'reasonable doubt' in the minds of the jury.

Err, I think that's two different reports of the same exchange.

The tweets are not in real time either, I saw somewhere that they are being checked and cleared before the reporters can send them.

Haha, thanks Cherwell, I thought it was it in real time. Even so his question was already answered, you would think he was suggesting otherwise.

Well yes - as Aneurin says, it's what they do. (I've obviously watched too many TV courtroom dramas over the years)

Judge telling jury they are likely to see photos of Jo's body. He says "sorry" but "justice requires that we do"
52 seconds ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
A Dutch interpreter is here for the medical evidence to assist Tabak
1 minute ago

I am going to temper the content of my tweets accordingly. #joyeates

Edited to explain

attempt not to tweet in too much detail about images shown in court

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Dr Russell Delaney takes the stand #Vincenttabak
29 seconds ago

Dr Russell Delaney is in the witness box. He is the pathologist who examined Jo's body. #joyeates
1 minute ago

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Dr Delaney was on call on Christmas Day last year. He was called to longwood lane

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Joanna's body was lying in a 'foetal' position facing the wall. There were no shoes.
1 minute ago

Delaney discussed with Mott the process of removal of the body in part to "minimise chance of artifactual injury". Causing injuries
1 minute ago

Cherwell; Yes, well I think we have already come to the conclusion that the clothing was probably disarranged during attempts to push her over the wall. If he's trying to eliminate any suggestion of sexual assault ... there isn't really any evidence to suggest it anyway afaik.

So there are few options left , but we have to see wait and see what his account of events are. Murkier and murkier, imo.

jonkay01
Vincent Tabak occasionally looking at the tv screen as jury shown photos of the removal of Jo's body.

Straps were passed through the leaf debris to minimise any potential disruption says Delaney. #JoYeates
1 minute ago

The left foot was covered with a sock but the right foot was bare? Delaney agrees. #JoYeates

Post mortem began on evening of Christmas day.
25 seconds ago

Vincent Tabak glances at screen as picture of Jo's body, covered in leaves, inside mortuary is shown to court

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Delaney agrees there appeared to be blood stains in the hair of #Joannayeates'.
1 minute ago

I am not going to tweet about what the court is being shown now. edited to add this was Tweeted by Rupert Evelyn

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Court is shown images of #Joannayeates' body. #Vincenttabak covers his eyes with his hand
2 minutes ago

That suggests to me that she hadn't yet been into the bedroom. Arriving home after dark, it's natural to close curtains/blinds as soon as you've gone into a room and switched the light on. Greg would have drawn the living room curtains as it would have been dark before he left. They might not always bother with the kitchen blind as the window wasn't really overlooked.

Don´t think we see the actual situation of the flat. We have to consider that GR arrived home on the 19th and i guess he stayed couple of days...maybe till they found the body. So for sure he touched the things as well and maybe even moved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert