GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was this and on what thread, of Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanna-Yeates-discussion-of-the-case/128719860525280

Joanna Yeates - discussion of the case
AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Avon & Somerset Police have contacted Facebook about a post made on this page, which has now been removed.

The Police advised FB that the content in question may hinder the trial and asked that it be removed, and Facebook says, "... as we understand that it could lead to a case of contempt of court."

Got no idea what the post in question was tho.

I hope it's ok to have posted this?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanna-Yeates-discussion-of-the-case/128719860525280

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Avon & Somerset Police have contacted Facebook about a post made on this page, which has now been removed.

The Police advised FB that the content in question may hinder the trial and asked that it be removed, and Facebook says, "... as we understand that it could lead to a case of contempt of court."

You get a lot of people on FB who tend to point fingers at people involved in the case.

I'd like to think that the majority of posts on this forum have not been of this variety. Everyone respects everyone here and while we might have some feeling towards who we think may or may not have committed the crime and our own theory's on how the crime may have been caused, I don't think anyone has pointed any fingers. :rocker:

The admin of the FB page said:

The deleted post claimed to quote a source close to the case, which in itself was not sensible, was irresponsible and disrespectful to, in this case, the police, defendant, prosecution, jurisprudence and UK law.
Potentially prejudicial to the trial.

I haven't a clue which post was deleted.

Just had a thought - in one of the statements VT gave to police he said he'd gone out to take pics of the snow and had slipped on the ice outside of JY's flat but hadn't seen anything unusual.

I wonder if he said that to cover for any subsequent witness saying they saw him around the area of the flat.

He might even refer back to that in his defence as a reason for JY opening her door - to see what was going on... .

He could be now using his trip to Asda to buy rock salt as an excuse, to tie in with his claim to police that he had slipped earlier outside Jo's flat. This would put him him coming back to sprinkle the salt sometime after 10:30 when Jo opened the door, a later timeline for the killing.

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

I know what it was. I don't post on that site (I don't even have a facebook page), but I have looked at it from time to time and more so since the trial began.

Someone on that site copy/pasted a Twitter post by someone claiming to be a journalist. It concerned a so-called leak from A&S police. All I will say is that it concerned something else supposedly from VT's computer browsing history. It was something that anyone might have been curious enough to look up in the wake of this crime or various other news items.

Apparently the Twitter post got deleted, and the original FB poster expressed some concern, and deleted his/her own post. The Admin of the "Joanna Yeates: discussion of the case" site thought that she knew better and was arrogant enough to repost the details, and it was the Admin's post that has attracted action from A&S.

Nearby shopkeepers said they had spotted him and Tanja in recent days.......

I’ve also sold him some Rizlas

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...-at-his-arrest-115875-22866637/#ixzz1atw15DZS

Can you claim manslaughter if you were under the influence of waccy baccy??

might account for the trip to Asda for the crisps.... perhaps he had the 'munchies'.

I wouldn't read too much into the purchase of the Rizlas - somebody commented that he didn't buy any tobacco therefore he must have bought the papers for rolling spliffs. OK, I've no information on whether he or TM smokes, but bear in mind that if either of them is a smoker who rolls their own cigs, they would undoubtedly have brought back duty-free baccy from Holland after their recent visit - hence no need to buy it from the local shop.

somebody commented that he didn't buy any tobacco therefore he must have bought the papers for rolling spliffs. OK, I've no information on whether he or TM smokes...

Nor I, but to go off topic, for anyone interested in the subject, Davis Suzuki produced a documentary for a CBC show 'The Nature of Things' on the correlation between smoking marijuana and paranoia, especially in teenagers:

Marijuana gives most people a pleasant "buzz" or high, while others develop paranoia and sometimes psychosis, involving a frightening break from reality, heightened anxiety and hallucinations - symptoms of schizophrenia.

Read the article, and watch the documentary here: The Downside of the High

Basically, I think he'll cast her as some kind of Scarlet woman, rather than admit he was caught performing some kind of sex act(? on the cat?? 'Bernhard').

:eek: I suppose anything is possible, there are some really sick individuals out there these days.

Saying he slipped on the ice would also be a good excuse for any bruises he might have got when JY was fighting him for her life.

If the struggle was as bad as the prosecution suggest, surely he would have sustained some marks or scratches. Surely he would have to explain these to TM. Of course, it's possible he was telling the truth and really did slip. He could still have attributed marks from the fight to his fall.

Also, given that JY had blood on her top and in her hair, there could have been blood in flat.

There's been no mention of finding blood in the flat - only of traces from the boot of his car.

Did he clean up in the flat? Is that what her parents noticed? I'm sure this was mentioned as a possibility ages ago but discounted because the police, at that time, were saying there were no signs of a struggle.

He could be now using his trip to Asda to buy rock salt as an excuse, to tie in with his claim to police that he had slipped earlier outside Jo's flat.

Possibly. Or maybe he did slip and that's what prompted buying the rock salt.

This would put him him coming back to sprinkle the salt sometime after 10:30 when Jo opened the door, a later timeline for the killing.

Yes he could have but, from what we have heard so far, it seems unlikely that she was killed as late as 10:30.

From Mondays twitter from Harriet Tolputt

CCTV and phone records provide a short window of time that Joanna was attacked. Just minutes after she arrived home, says prosecution.

Vincent Tabak's Renault Megane spotted on various CCTV cameras around the Brisol area.

It will be interesting to see if they expand on the latter point

I used to smoke and always smoked rollies therefore had to buy Rizla papers in order to do so. I did not smoke hash or roll spliffs, that's like saying because he bought tin foil he is a heroin user or he slipped on the ice, because he was wearing clogs that night.

Also, given that JY had blood on her top and in her hair, there could have been blood in flat.

There's been no mention of finding blood in the flat - only of traces from the boot of his car.

Did he clean up in the flat?

I'd guess that he wiped up any marks with the missing sock.

Possibly. Or maybe he did slip and that's what prompted buying the rock salt.

He slipped and just happened to touch Jo's front door!!!

it seems unlikely that she was killed as late as 10:30.

The evidence shows she was killed shortly after she returned home but we don't know the time he has actually claimed on his 'guilty of manslaughter' statement, when he supposedly decided to come clean. It seemed to me the early timeline was being disputed by the defence. This guy is a classic case of:

“O, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive."

From his first statement that he hadn’t left his flat all evening, to he went for a walk and slipped on the ice and may have touched Jo's door, defrosted his car, went shopping to Asda etc: Seems by the time he resorted to ‘no comment’ he didn’t know his *advertiser censored* from his elbow.

He slipped and just happened to touch Jo's front door!!!

I didn't say that

The evidence shows she was killed shortly after she returned home but we don't know the time he has actually claimed on his 'guilty of manslaughter' statement, when he supposedly decided to come clean.

No we don't

It seemed to me the early timeline was being disputed by the defence. This guy is a classic case of:

“O, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive."

From his first statement that he hadn’t left his flat all evening, to he went for a walk and slipped on the ice and may have touched Jo's door, defrosted his car, went shopping to Asda etc: Seems by the time he resorted to ‘no comment’ he didn’t know his *advertiser censored* from his elbow.

I am not trying to defend VT. There is no doubt he has done some despicable things. He killed JY - a fact that's not in dispute. He tried to pass the blame onto CJ.
He has told many lies but that doesn't mean there are no elements of truth at all in what he has said.

Just had a thought - in one of the statements VT gave to police he said he'd gone out to take pics of the snow and had slipped on the ice outside of JY's flat but hadn't seen anything unusual.
I wonder if he said that to cover for any subsequent witness saying they saw him around the area of the flat.

He might even refer back to that in his defence as a reason for JY opening her door - to see what was going on...

Another thought I had was that he might say he saw JY coming home so went round there to tell her about GR's car not starting.

That's the first time I have heard this or that he connected the taking of pictures of the snow with Joanna's flat. Interesting. Before, I'd seen it put together with a statement about going to the supermarket. Some of the reporting of this case does seem to be very bitty. We really need the full statements and evidence.

I haven't seen anything to say that Joanna opened her door either.

I used to smoke and always smoked rollies therefore had to buy Rizla papers in order to do so. I did not smoke hash or roll spliffs, that's like saying because he bought tin foil he is a heroin user or he slipped on the ice, because he was wearing clogs that night.

I agree with you about that. When I read the reference to Rizla papers, I just thought of roll-ups.

I am interested in why the defence seem keen to point to a somewhat later time of death. Is it just to disassociate events from the screams, because a situation in which Joanna screamed doesn't fit with their version of events? Or are there other features of their timeline which don't fit with the time of death being around 8:50?

Other than the screams, the thing that points to the time of death being very shortly after Joanna got home is the fact she hadn't eaten the pizza or drunk more than a little of the cider. Of course it is possible that she turned her attention to something else when she got home, and only somewhat later decided to open the cider and put the pizza on (I think the most likely explanation for the missing pizza is that it was in the oven at the time of her death, it ended up burnt and VT then disposed of it along with its wrappings).

The only other definite point on the timeline we currently have between the screams and VT being in Asda is VT's text to TM saying he was 'bored'. It does seem to be a spectacularly odd text to send in the wake of having killed your neighbour. Maybe it's just the first step in trying to conceal what has just happened, by texting his girlfriend claiming his state of mind to be what must surely have been the precise opposite of what he was actually feeling. Or maybe at this point nothing had happened and he genuinely was bored.

I'm sure by the time he is in Asda the killing has already taken place - the appears to be other CCTV evidence about the movements of his car which would suggest this.

I am very intrigued to know what other concrete pieces of evidence we will have to indicate what happened that night.

There's the much talked about fact that Joanna's parents saw something in the flat on the first night she was missing that indicated the severity of the situation. How certain are we that there is 'something' that we haven't yet been told about? At the time I thought it was most likely just reference to the fact that her coat/keys/phone/purse were all in the flat - I don't think you'd need anything more than that to indicate something was seriously wrong.

There's the much talked about fact that Joanna's parents saw something in the flat on the first night she was missing that indicated the severity of the situation. How certain are we that there is 'something' that we haven't yet been told about? At the time I thought it was most likely just reference to the fact that her coat/keys/phone/purse were all in the flat - I don't think you'd need anything more than that to indicate something was seriously wrong.

I think her coat and other things were on the floor of the hall, maybe it's odd because the coat stand is right there and it would have been easy to just use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter