Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the blood on the wall

From here: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Joanna-Yeates-fought-killer/story-13538504-detail/story.html

Blood pattern expert Tanya Nickson noted blood stains on the roadside wall behind Miss Yeates' body at waist height.

A smear of heavily clotted blood on the top of the wall had dripped downwards but there was no "blood splatter", suggesting that no assault took place in the vicinity.

Tests revealed it was Miss Yeates' blood.

VT seemed to show concern only about his prints etc: being found on the front door and in the hallway. He said he followed CJ to the door of Flat1 once and stepped (just a little way in ) and may have touched a wall.

The hall was in a mess and as an earlier poster said the coat-stand could have been knocked over in the struggle, coats etc: strewn on the floor. The area where it is suspected Jo was strangled.

He eventually told police he was out for a walk in the snow to take photos, although he didn't take any because the snow was too dirty. I am sure he knew the police would have wanted to see them if he admitted he had taken any.

Imo Jo caught him on at something untoward and he had to shut her up for good, self preservation at all costs.

It will be interesting when TM is called, to see if she is a prosecution or defense witness!

As said by earlier posters how could anyone remember off the cuff, what they ate two weeks ago.

It's not as though it was a random day for him though - I suspect he might have rather a clear memory of what he ate on the night he ended up strangling his neighbour.

And it's not exactly unusual for someone at home on their own on a Friday night to make themselves a pizza.

I think we're just attaching extra significance to it due to the irony.

skynewsgatherer Harriet Tolputt
Trial of #VincentTabak due to start soon. Jury being called back into court.
1 minute ago

I was thinking about the case whilst I was trying to get to sleep last night.

The defence are at some point going to HAVE to set out a plausible explanation as to the events of that night and why he strangled her.

It has been indicated that the defence will say that they first saw each other through the kitchen window. It would then seem that JY opened the door to VT, and then JY was killed in the hallway very soon after she opened the door. But what on earth could have happened to lead to that?

The only thing I can imagine as a plausible manslaughter defence is that VT startled JY by being at her door/kitchen window (for whatever reason), JY reacted defensively, opened the door to him carrying a knife from the kitchen, and a struggle broke out in which VT quickly overpowered JY to the point of strangulation.

The main problem I have with that turn of events is that why would JY open the door in that situation?

Although I can't really think of ANY plausible situation where JY would feel safe opening the door, but would then be strangled within minutes.

It really is the most bizarre case.

Cross examination of Dr Russell Delaney continues. Tells William Clegg, QC, he has previous experience of at least 1 case of strangulation.

Dr Delaney says he washed #joannayeates' body in cold water.
5 minutes ago

Clegg, QC, questions whether marks on a frozen body can appear after death due to ice crystals.
4 minutes ago

Dr Delaney agrees this can happen in some cases - but says that injuries to #joannayeates occurred before death.

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Asked 3 times if freezing blood can lead to the appearance of injury Delaney says "it is possible"
5 minutes ago

Delaney being asked about broken cartilage he did not see in his Post Mortem but that was picked up in a subsequent PM. #joyeates
45 seconds ago

Delaney says injuries are "consistent" with being caused by one hand "or two"
1 minute ago

Asked if one hand could cause injury to front and back of neck Delaney says "that would be possible yes". #joyeates
3 minutes ago

5 minutes ago

I had wondered what occurred in the bathroom with the wall and bath covered in black forensic testing substance . More shocking as the case goes on.

#joannayeates had a break to cartilage in her neck. This was either not there in first PM examination - or missed, jury hears.
1 minute ago

Delaney "it is not possible to determine the duration of the fatal sequence.... Could be seconds or minutes". #joyeates
1 minute ago

5 minutes ago

I had wondered what occurred in the bathroom with the wall and bath covered in black forensic testing substance . More shocking as the case goes on.

Doesn't that mean the pathologist washed her body?

Court hearing about how long food takes to digest. Dr Delaney he is unable to give timescale as to when #joannayeates died.
34 seconds ago

Didn't think of that ,could be but why all that black in the bathroom and on the walls, what was going on there.

Don't know but I imagine that tiled surfaces must be pretty good for getting prints from so they concentrated hard in there. There was quite a bit of black powder on the kitchen cupboards aswell.

I don't think they could have found his fingerprints in the flat - they would have said by now if they had

Also, I imagine it would be pretty hard to reclothe a body after having washed it. I'm sure that comment refers to the pathologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee