DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favourite tweet of the day;

Jon Kay
@jonkay01
Prosecution shows Tabak CCTV of him walking around ASDA buying beer..
"That's you panicking is it, Mr Tabak?" He answers: Yes

:floorlaugh:

To be fair to this guy and I am certainly not excusing him, but I was assaulted about 4 years ago. I fought back, but I couldn't tell you much of what and how I did it.

Parts of it are a blur, I suppose the adrenaline kicked in. It just happened so quickly to me.

That, or I have a bad memory?

Tricksy, I'm sorry that happened to you. However many years ago it happened, I hope you're okay.

This is my favourite tweet of the day;

Jon Kay
@jonkay01
Prosecution shows Tabak CCTV of him walking around ASDA buying beer..
"That's you panicking is it, Mr Tabak?" He answers: Yes

:floorlaugh:

I had to laugh at that. He's very good at that understated sarcasm. Talking about VT looking online about body decomposition he said to him, "You hoped it would go away". Honestly!

A
Amazing how he has sanitized his brutality. She let him in, she was flirting, there was no struggle, it was over in 20 seconds, she felt no pain, he gave her no bruises, he only wanted a kiss.

Sickening.

I agree with this, very much. I've not participated recently as I only have internet access with my phone just now:maddening:
but VTs BS is sickening indeed.

The more he says - or doesn't say, the worse it seems to get.

He thought she wanted him to kiss her - my arse! He's trying to blame the victim. Just like she beckoned him in when she saw him passing by the kitchen window. "Gee, I'm on my own and a bit scared, I'll invite this big man I don't know who's just walked by in the dark to come in for a drink, then I'll flirt with him because I'm so bored and lonely." Please, VT, find someone else to tell stories to. And not remembering anything that might look bad in court, or only remembering what suits him. Did he really expect her to not scream after he'd covered her mouth and grabbed her neck? After he'd put his hand on her back so she had no chance of getting away from him? After he did all those things he can't remember now?

This must be so hard for JY's family and boyfriend - watching the perp saying that he didn't do anything to her but what he did was awful and how horrible it is for him.

Also for TM - first he loved her so much he consciously decided to make a pass at someone else the moment she went to a party without him, then he wanted her support after the murder.

I think I need to light another candle in memory of JY and hope she is at peace. (Fingers crossed I don't set the house on fire, I'm all thumbs tonight.)

Everyone knows that strangulation tends to result in death and people who are not drugged or insane advert, when doing things that take a certain time, to the likelihood that their acts will produce their normal effects. Even if his primary conscious intention was to produce short-term silence, that does not excuse him from murder if he actually foresaw the likelihood that his act - aimed by him at producing silence - was likely also to produce death or very serious injury.

Further to the principle that normality is presumed unless disproved, the fact that VT's story clearly contains untruths and deliberate self-serving omissions entitles the jury to assume that he is lying when he makes the highly improbable claim that he failed even to advert in passing, before or during throttling, to the consequences his action in fact produced.

All that said, a great deal is going to depend on the judge's final instructions to the jury on the nature of the mens rea of murder and how to evaluate its presence. Does anyone know anything about the judge - whether he has a reputation as a toughie or a softie ?

I do believe the Judge in Vincent Tabak's Trial is Judge Colman Treacy, He seem's a tough Judge.
Judge Treacy was the Judge that gave Colin Gunn 35 years for conspiracy to murder, Gunn was not even the one who pulled the trigger.

Justice Treacy made history last Year, by being the first Judge in 350 Year's to preside over a serious criminal Trial without a Jury in the Heathrow Warehouse robbery, Judge Treacy handed out a Sentence of over Twenty Year's to the most culpable.

Aha, according to swns, VT did go home after Asda & then headed towards the airport, then LL.

I do believe the Judge is Colman Treacy, he seems a tough Judge.
Judge Treacy was the Judge that gave Colin Gunn 35 years for conspiracy to murder, Gunn was not even the one who pulled the trigger.

Justice Treacy made history last Year, by being the first Judge in 350 years to preside over a serious criminal Trial without a Jury in the Heathrow Warehouse robbery, Judge Treacy handed out a sentence of over 20 years to the most culpable.

I thought it was Mr Justice Field?

Tricksy, I'm sorry that happened to you. However many years ago it happened, I hope you're okay.

Oh thanks Firefly 75, thats really kind and thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it. :hug:

I would say I have pretty much recovered. Still get a bit nervous around angry people though.

I thought it was Mr Justice Field?

You are correct, I just checked Judge Treacy was the Judge at the start of the proceedings with the Video links from Tabak's Prison.

Aha, according to swns, VT did go home after Asda & then headed towards the airport, then LL.

I've done the Clifton to Airport run dozens of times and VT's route is certainly not the most obvious route, it's mostly across country using the B roads rather than the main A road.
VT's route is actually the most direct but it's not the one signposted for the airport or most obvious route unless you know the area pretty well.
It is the more rural route of the two by far, and anyone who has previously used this route would know of the existence of a multitude of country lanes, golf courses...and the quarry.

I've done the Clifton to Airport run dozens of times and VT's route is certainly not the most obvious route, it's mostly across country using the B roads rather than the main A road.
VT's route is actually the most direct but it's not the one signposted for the airport or most obvious route unless you know the area pretty well.
It is the more rural route of the two by far, and anyone who has previously used this route would know of the existence of a multitude of country lanes, golf courses...and the quarry.

Just what one might expect from a cyclist ....

And it's beyond belief that he would pick on that spot, in the dark, purely by chance: a place where she would likely never be found, had he succeeded in getting her over the wall. He knew where he was all right.

Strange about the passing cars. I wonder if any of those people reported seeing a car stopped in LL.

The more he says - or doesn't say, the worse it seems to get.

He thought she wanted him to kiss her - my arse! He's trying to blame the victim. Just like she beckoned him in when she saw him passing by the kitchen window. "Gee, I'm on my own and a bit scared, I'll invite this big man I don't know who's just walked by in the dark to come in for a drink, then I'll flirt with him because I'm so bored and lonely." Please, VT, find someone else to tell stories to. And not remembering anything that might look bad in court, or only remembering what suits him. Did he really expect her to not scream after he'd covered her mouth and grabbed her neck? After he'd put his hand on her back so she had no chance of getting away from him? After he did all those things he can't remember now?

This must be so hard for JY's family and boyfriend - watching the perp saying that he didn't do anything to her but what he did was awful and how horrible it is for him.

Also for TM - first he loved her so much he consciously decided to make a pass at someone else the moment she went to a party without him, then he wanted her support after the murder.

I think I need to light another candle in memory of JY and hope she is at peace. (Fingers crossed I don't set the house on fire, I'm all thumbs tonight.)

Despite the Clegg beckoning yarn of yesterday and the spin that he only went in because she practically ran after him and called him back from his perambulations, he managed to contradict his own lawyer today when he said that he couldn't remember whether he rang the door bell or whether she just opened the door. That's some state of confusion they have managed between them.

I'm still confused as to whether this was when he left Asda the first time without anything.... or did he just go back to the car and then back in Asda?

I'm still confused as to whether this was when he left Asda the first time without anything.... or did he just go back to the car and then back in Asda?

I read somewhere that he entered Asda twice during one trip.

I guess he bought the rock salt to clean up any blood on the path along the back of the building before he went to the quarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member