GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people were equally convinced that it was him standing next to her in Tesco. What with that and the (authentic) film of him in Asda, one might conclude that he really likes supermarkets. :winko:

Oh my! looks like I inadvertently hit the nail on the head :giggle:

@rupertevelyn
'i was going to asda to pass some time. to buy some treats for myself. i like those big style supermarkets'

cross posted - that is spooky Clio!

@kirstygardner
"That's you in panic is it Mr Tabak," says Mr Lickley as the CCTV shows him choosing crisps and beer in Asda. "Yes it is," says VT.
Tabak was filmed driving around Clifton. Says he was not leaving false trails. Can't remember what he said to Tanja on home phone

@rupertevelyn
tabak says he went back home after going to asda, parked outside, can't remember if he went back into flat
showing cctv of Tabak and tanja, Lickley says 'the manipulation of that young woman begins'
did you have sex with Tanja the night you killed Jo? 'i don't think so' replies VT but he can't rule it out

@skynewsgatherer
Tabak says that after Asda he went back home, then drove around. Lickley suggests he was creating a "false trail"

@jonkay01
VT: I was not planning any false trails. He denies driving around Bristol to cover his tracks.
Court sees footage of Tabak walking along with his arm around his girlfriend later that night - after killing Jo.

Surely this dodgy memory of his discredits any statements he makes.

Amazing how he has sanitized his brutality. She let him in, she was flirting, there was no struggle, it was over in 20 seconds, she felt no pain, he gave her no bruises, he only wanted a kiss.

Sickening.

tabak says he went back home after going to asda, parked outside, can't remember if he went back into flat

That's not when he said this morning

Earlier he said he drove away from home in the direction of Bristol Airport and ended up in Longwood Lane

What is also odd is that his 'I can't remember' answers are always to incriminating statements. You'd thunk he'd be a little more certain!

@skynewsgatherer
"24 hours after killing that young woman you were drinking champagne," says Mr Lickley. "I can't remember," says Tabak.
Tabak began looking up images for Longwood Lane because he wanted to find out where he had left Joanna's body, he tells court.
"Did you find the spot where you left her," says Mr Lickley. "I think so yes," replied Tabak.

@rupertevelyn

at party following night Tabak says he was clearly not enjoying it and didn't want to be there says can't remember if he drank champagne
did you hear Mr Reardon come home on the sunday 'i can't remember' replies VT.
tabak says he feels 'guilt because he shouldn't have done it it was a horrible thing to do' lickley says he should have walked away.

is he relying on some shrink to give evidence saying how his mind has blanked out some of what happened?

he better come up with something good for all these 'dunno's'

It would be interesting to hear a shrink's assessment of VT's mental state. Do you think it's possible we might hear from one?

Tabak said he thought he left his flat 'within minutes' after sending Miss Morson a text message at 9.25pm saying: 'Missing you loads. It's boring here without you. Vxx'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bak-apologises-Jos-parents.html#ixzz1bKBzqZHU

so his timeline has her screaming after the witnesses had heard two screams... why is he making the timeline later?

the more I discect what he is claiming - the more I firmly believe he was in the flat 'snooping'

My first thoughts were that she caught him in the flat not long after she'd got home, he thinking that she wouldn't be back that night, but how did he get in there? If the LL gave him a key for some reason wouldn't he have told the authorities by now? Unless he sneaked in when GR was faffing about with the car, but that would've been too risky of being caught.

It would be interesting to hear a shrink's assessment of VT's mental state. Do you think it's possible we might hear from one?

Not in court. But the judge will commission psychological reports before sentencing VT.

rupertevelyn

tabak says he feels 'guilt because he shouldn't have done it it was a horrible thing to do' lickley says he should have walked away.

Court having a 10 minute break.

Amazing how he has sanitized his brutality. She let him in, she was flirting, there was no struggle, it was over in 20 seconds, she felt no pain, he gave her no bruises, he only wanted a kiss.

Sickening.

And don't forget he only "placed his hand on her neck" or "held her neck".

@skynewsgatherer
Tabak:" I should have called the police as soon as she died." Lickley:"You should have just walked away, if what you say is true."

Yes I think so.

My first thoughts were that she caught him in the flat not long after she'd got home, he thinking that she wouldn't be back that night, but how did he get in there? If the LL gave him a key for some reason wouldn't he have told the authorities by now? Unless he sneaked in when GR was faffing about with the car, but that would've been too risky of being caught.

by the time VT was being questioned, relations with LL and police were at an all time low - I think there was even talk of LL suing for 'wrongful arrest'.... the reason he was arrested in the first place is because he had told other neighbours he'd seen something but wasn't going to mention it as he didn't want to "muddy the waters".... I actually think that LL would get buzz out of not helping police 'with their enquiries'.

I cannot believe all these 'I dunno' answers and 'I don't remember'

He really is totally unbelievable

The "I dunno" and "I don't remember" has replaced "no comment". Even to the extent that he is saying he doesn't know to things his defense QC has said today

Saying he doesn't know/remember undermines the plausibility of his previous statements/testimony BUT, if you were on the jury,I'm not sure that you could say that murder had been proved beyond reasonable doubt?

I was ready to buy the possibility that Joanna might have initiated contact, since her texts show she was unusually anxious for company that evening...but under cross-examination he is no longer even sure of it himself. I buy it no longer.

Amid all the incredible statements he has made, the one that stands out for me is the claim that he was going for a kiss with no sexual factor and no hope of going beyond a kiss. If he thinks anyone is going to swallow that he may as well as claim that Joanna strangled herself!

I notice that he said today words to the effect that the flat was well insulated from sounds from other flats. Yet I remember reading a report some time ago that Tanja said that Joanna and Greg weren't as noisy as the previous tenants of their flat.

Of course the prosecution should know if there was sound penetration and problems with noise from previous tenants and if so, will know if he is saying that to cover himself in case anyone thinks he could have heard Joanna arriving home and that's when he went around to her flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay