GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the LL gave him a key for some reason wouldn't he have told the authorities by now?

I think your argument is definitive Pisces : VT was not in the flat when Joanna got home because he had no keys and the door was locked.

Either he was feeling randy, heard from CJ that she was to be alone, and rang the doorbell, or his story that she spontaneously invited him in is true.

But even if the attack was not premeditated, the death-dealing act was the culmination of a fight and he cannot have failed to realise before or during the strangulation that it was highly liable to result in her death or very serious injury. Everything else is just window-dressing.

And we're back...

rupertevelyn

Nigel Lickley QC on his feet asking Vincent Tabak questions. Tabak still holding the witness box with both hands

you told the jury the area how is it you came to find it? 'i looked it up via google maps'

skynewsgatherer

Mr Lickley asking about the night Tabak dumped Joanna's body. "You say you didn't know the area - so how did you find it?"

Tabak says that he had been to balloon festive in a park near it.

Now talking about when police first knocked on Tabak's door the night Joanna was reported missing.

Says he looked up LL Lane on Google Maps - how do you look up somewhere you supposedly have no knowledge of??

skynewsgatherer

At 8.57am the Monday after Joanna's death Tabak looked up two stories about murders on his work PC.

"Were you thinking there would soon be one for Joanna Yeates?" says Mr Lickley. "Possibilty yes, " says Tabak.

Mr Lickley now going through the emails Tabak sent to his girlfriend. Mr Lickley says that Tabak was seeking sympathy from Tanja.

" That's the manipulation of your partner by you isn't it?" says Mr Lickley. " Yes " says VT

Tabak kept up the pretence with his girlfriend of the worried neighbour. He tells her " at least there is no sign of foul play"

"I was distressed but I didn't want to raise any suspicion," says Tabak on being asked why he went out on the Monday after Joanna's death.

@jonkay01
First thing this am Vincent Tabak stood upright and spoke clearly. Now he is slumping slightly and appears tired and sounds quieter.

@skynewsgatherer
"I was distressed but I didn't want to raise any suspicion," says Tabak on being asked why he went out on the Monday after Joanna's death.

I don't know how her family & Greg aren't having to be restrained listening to this waste of skin!

skynewsgatherer

" I was overwhelmed. I just wanted to be with Tanja even though I was manipulating her," said Tabak.

rupertevelyn

why did you look up a dutch news article about extradition? 'can't remember'

"i knew Joanna's body would be found any minute and i expected to be arrested soon after"

"it was likely i would be arrested and i didn't attempt to kill Joanna Yeates and I was looking up what type of sentence i would get"

skynewsgatherer

Lickley: "Was this you being calculating again?" VT:" No calculation"

Tabak tells how his girlfriend was "very worried" about being home alone following Joanna's disappearance.

@rupertevelyn
asked about looking at the differences between murder and manslaughter tabak says 'it's no calculation'
forensics? you knew you touched the body? 'i moved the body yes' your hands would have touched her skin? 'yes'

@skynewsgatherer
Lickley: "Was this you being calculating again?" VT:" No calculation"
Tabak tells how his girlfriend was "very worried" about being home alone following Joanna's disappearance.
"I shouldn't have said that about Chris Jefferies," says Tabak " I did it to distract attention away from me."

@kirstygardner
He looked up forensics because he had touched her body. He looked for CCTV cameras near his home because they might show the car.

Thanks to all who are relaying the various snippets.

rupertevelyn

forensics? you knew you touched the body? 'i moved the body yes' your hands would have touched her skin? 'yes'

skynewsgatherer

Tabak looked up CCTV because he was worried the cameras may have picked up the movements of his car on his street.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak tells how his girlfriend was "very worried" about being home alone following Joanna's disappearance.[/i]

Not half as worried as she would have been if she'd known that the killer was in bed next to her. :sick:

skynewsgatherer

"I shouldn't have said that about Chris Jefferies," says Tabak " I did it to distract attention away from me."

Shouldn't have said it? Understatement of the year!

@kirstygardner
Tabak is asked about decomposition websites. Tabak hoped body would decompose to save him being caught.

skynewsgatherer

Whilst at work Tabak begins to look up decomposition websites. Tabak agrees when Mr Lickley says he hoped "it would all go away."

"You were playing her along, weren't you?" says Mr Lickley talking about emails with Tanja. "Yes" says Tabak.

@rupertevelyn
you asked a number of question about why front door was taken. Did you touch it? 'i must have touched it yes'
Tabak says Joanna Yeates' breast might have been in contact with some of his skin
why did you touch her breast? 'can't remember, it can have happened when i tried to lift her over the wall'
questions about dinner party on the 15th December. Tabak described as acting quite normally

kirstygardner
Asked about how his DNA was on her breast. Was it part of an attack on her? Definitely not.

skynewsgatherer
Lickley:" Did you touch her breast area in her flat," VT:" No I didn't." Lickley "Did you do it at your flat?" VT:"No I didn't"
Tabak denied he pulled Joanna's clothes up during the attack in the flat.

skynewsgatherer

"When I was driving to airport I was scared because if they had my DNA I would be arrested." Tabak

rupertevelyn

Tabak says Joanna Yeates' breast might have been in contact with some of his skin

why did you touch her breast? 'can't remember, it can have happened when i tried to lift her over the wall'

questions about dinner party on the 15th December. Tabak described as acting quite normally

Tabak says the days before he was arrested he was drinking serious amounts of alcohol

Tabak says he can't remember making a joke about the police coming into his flat to look for a body

skynewsgatherer

Lickley:" Did you touch her breast area in her flat," VT:" No I didn't." Lickley "Did you do it at your flat?" VT:"No I didn't"

Jury heard from one guest that Tabak described the killer as a "detached crazy person."

rupertevelyn

Tabak said whoever killed Jo was a detached crazy person. VT says he can't remember saying it. Lickley says he was talking about himself

Lickley asks tabak if it was how he was the night he killed Jo. ie 'detached crazy person'

skynewsgatherer

Lickley "Detached. Is that how you were that night when you killed her?" VT:"No"

rupertevelyn

Court finished for the day. Tabak will go back into the witness box at 1000 tomorrow.

skynewsgatherer

Funny he can be so sure about that when there's so much else he can't remember, innit.

Rupertevelyn Twitter
Tabak said whoever killed Jo was a detached crazy person. VT says he can't remember saying it. NL says he was talking about himself.

Careful now, Mr NL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member