GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
various theories have been put to you over what happened. How long was it you had your hand around her throat? 'can't exactly remember'

Oh dear. Even defence counsel are experiencing problems getting a straight answer out of the man.

@rupertevelyn
at the very least you wanted to cause her serious harm and you did 'i wanted to kill her yes'

I got excited there but Rupert's been back to correct it, says it's should have been 'kiss' not 'kill' . Damn! Thought Tabak had caved in there!

Definitely not the floor, no, that would sound waaay too much like a sexual assault. Of course he can't remember most of the where-when-how if he denies everything that would make him look bad - that's a lot of stuff that would need to be reinvented on the spot.

Yes, funny how he is quite definite about no sexual arousal, no pulling her clothes up, nothing happening on the floor yet he can't remember how she "beckoned" him into the flat.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak says he can't remember the exact time he had his hands around Joanna's throat, or where she fell.

Tabak says there is no truth in suggestions that he wanted to sexually assault Joanna and that he thought she wanted to kiss him.

Mr Clegg is going through Tabak's defence statement and asking if it is true. Tabak says it is.

Clegg:" Whose decision about the amount of detail in the statement. Yours or the lawyers?." " The lawyers," says Tabak.

Clegg: " Did you intend to kill Joanna Yeates," VT:" No I didn't"

Tabak trial adjourned for 20 minutes. The next witness will be a pathologist acting for the defence.

@rupertevelyn
at the very least you wanted to cause her serious harm and you did 'i wanted to kill her yes'

I got excited there but Rupert's been back to correct it, says it's should have been 'kiss' not 'kill' . Damn! Thought Tabak had caved in there!

That damned predictive text, I expect!

skynewsgatherer

"What's likely to happen if you keep one hand over someone mouth and the other on her throat," asks Lickley. "I don't know," says VT

Go 'way, VT! A thirty-something with a PhD can't figure that one out? Couldn't figure it out as he was watching the girl dying while he was squeezing her neck? Whatever.

@rupertevelyn

Same here.

Well, surely nobody is going to believe a word Tabak says after that display.

Now as to the injuries. Carey is going to say some of them were caused by freezing, I guess. I wouldn't like to pass any comment on this because obviously the jury have seen the photographs and we haven't.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak says there is no truth in suggestions that he wanted to sexually assault Joanna and that he thought she wanted to kiss him.

Mr Clegg is going through Tabak's defence statement and asking if it is true. Tabak says it is.

Clegg:" Whose decision about the amount of detail in the statement. Yours or the lawyers?." " The lawyers," says Tabak.

This reminds me of working in a kindergarten:
"It wasn't me, she made me do it, they said so and they're all lying!"
I knew I heard his type of excuses in a completely different environment (and thankfully different circumstances).

No, as previously stated, 'planning' or 'premeditation' are issues for sentencing and don't directly effect guilt. All that is required is to show intent, and in this particular case all the prosecution have to show is that a reasonable man would know that the action of placing one hand over someone's mouth and the other around their throat would inevitably cause either death or serious injury to that someone.

And Mr. Clegg knows that very well; yet, if the tweeted reports are correct, he was rabbiting on yesterday about premeditation, planning and intent, all together in one sentence as if they were all required for murder.

Summary of defence questions to VT following Prosecution Cross examination

Jon Kay

Cross examination over. Tabak now being questioned again by his defence QC

He doesnt remember if he held her to the wall. But he denies he held her on the floor. He says they were standing up.

Defence going through VT's final statement to police, line by line. In it, he admits killing Jo. VT confirms THIS statement is "true"

Tabak has a copy of this statement in front of him. He covers his mouth answering "true" to every line his lawyer reads back to him.

Tabak questioning over. Short break. Then pathologist Dr Nat Carey.

Richard Payne

Clegg: reading statement of night Jo Yeates died and Tabak's movements.

Greg Reardon, arms folded, looking straight at Tabak now as Tabak says 'true' many times to statement he didn't intend to kill

Clegg: did you intend to kill Miss Yeates? Tabak: No, I didn't. Clegg: Did you intend to cause her any serious harm? Tabak: No, I didn't.

Tabak questioning over. 20 mins break then pathologist Dr Nat Carey.

That's all he can say, I can't remember ,if he is not imprisoned for a long time then there is no justice at all . The Judge is known for his lenient sentencing, let's hope this is not the case this time.

Is he? We were wondering about that on here yesterday. Can you point us to any examples?

@rupertevelyn

Me too! I was imagining it like a case of Perry Mason :)

Defence questions to VT following Prosecution Cross examination

Skynewsgatherer

Clegg: " Did you intend to kill Joanna Yeates," VT:" No I didn't"

Tabak trial adjourned for 20 minutes. The next witness will be a pathologist acting for the defence.

Rupert Evelyn

Lickley QC has now finished his questioning. Bill Clegg QC for defence now putting questions to Tabak

various theories have been put to you over what happened. How long was it you had your hand around her throat? 'can't exactly remember'

when you went to kiss her did you think she would be receptive? 'i thought she was willing to kiss me yes'

Defence ask Tabak if he intened to kill? 'no i'didn't said' says VT

Court rises for 20 minutes. The next witness will be Dr Carey

On the issue of Rupert Evelyn typing kill instead of kiss

@rupertevelyn was it predicive text or finger error? I am always hitting the wrong keys on my phone.

@soundgirl64 it was more mental mistake on my behalf. I'm not a stenographer so as you can imagine there is an issue of keeping up

Is he? We were wondering about that on here yesterday. Can you point us to any examples?

I found quite a few cases of his on the net. He seems quiet lenient with minors but tough on adults. He had given a 30 minimum with no chance of parole before

Greg Reardon, arms folded, looking straight at Tabak now as Tabak says 'true' many times to statement he didn't intend to kill
[/I]

My heart goes out to him. I hope he's got some serious support to help him deal with this and that he doesn't quietly do anything daft after it's all over. Having one's partner murdered like this marks one for life.

@rupertevelyn
Dr Carey is a forensic pathologist. He is being questioned by Bill Clegg QC
Carey says he as extensive experience of neck compression cases
Carey also has experience of sexually motivated homocide

@jonkay01
Dr Carey says he has extensive experience of manual strangulation cases - Inc Soham and Ipswich murders.

Back in session.

skynewsgatherer

Dr Nathaniel Carey called to the witness box.

rupertevelyn

Carey says he is giving expert evidence

skynewsgatherer

Jury hears Dr Carey's extensive experience. He has been giving evidence in last couple of weeks of 2 other cases of "neck compression"

rupertevelyn

Carey also has experience of sexually motivated homocide

Dr Nathaniel Carey called to the witness box

Forensic pathologist Dr Nat Carey giving evidence now. He is outlining his qualifications and experience.

Jury hears Dr Carey's extensive experience. He has been giving evidence in last couple of weeks of 2 other cases of "neck compression"

Forensic pathologist Nat Carey now giving evidence at Vincent Tabak's trial. He's been called by the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead