GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge tells jury he will now accept a majority verdict in case of #Tabak, not only a unanimous decision.

skynewsgatherer
Judge tells jury he will accept a majority verdict of which ten out of the 12 are agreed.

What would you class as conclusive proof, though?

I think if her neck injuries showed more force for longer it would be conclusive proof that he intended to strangle her to death.

skymartinbrunt
#JoYeates trial: Jurors have gone back to their romm to carry on deliberations

I keep coming back to a simple question: how do you accidentally strangle someone you never met before?

@stevenmorris20
steven morris
Judge tells jury he wants them to carry on trying to reach a unanimous verdict.
4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

@stevenmorris20
steven morris
But Tabak judge says if they can't reach unanimous verdict, he will accept verdict at least 10 of the 12 agree on.
2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

So let's say that the victim has just raped and murdered your baby, and you kill him in revenge.

Are you really saying that I cannot blame the victim in any way for what has happened?

If you say so.

You appear to have a rather unique view on life (or death)

A not guilty verdict would worry me because it would imply that you can strangle and smother someone to death and avoid being found guilty of murder if you say you didn't mean any harm and make ludicrous statements such as that you didn't know that strangling and smothering led to death. It must worry the judge for that reason too.

Even if he did strangle her out of pure panic, he should still be put away for a long time for being so unpredictably volatile! He's already done it once so he's pretty much a ticking time bomb!

I keep coming back to a simple question: how do you accidentally strangle someone you never met before?
You don't do it accidentally. However, I think it's possible to grip someone tightly around the neck on purpose but without the intention to kill them. The intention could be restraint, to overpower, to gain control of the situation. I'm not saying this was definitely VT's intention but there's enough doubt IMO to preclude me from judging him to be guilty of murder rather than manslaughter.

That's me being dispassionate of course. If I were one of JY's family or friends I might well want to see him locked up for 30 years at the very least.

A not guilty verdict would worry me because it would imply that you can strangle and smother someone to death and avoid being found guilty of murder if you say you didn't mean any harm and make ludicrous statements such as that you didn't know that strangling and smothering led to death. It must worry the judge for that reason too.

After reading about the pilot that had already dug a grave for his wife before he killed her, and getting a Manslaughter verdict, sadly nothing will surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay