GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, where did you see that?

I did see the stuff on Facebook and also the original Twitter post, chap claimed to be a journalist and said it was inside info from A&S, but his account then vanished pdq. I don't recall the exact details but it didn't spell out that it was violent *advertiser censored*, I assumed it was the auto-erotic type thingy. So that was still a surprise.

The person who originally copied it on to FB had second thoughts and sensibly deleted it once s/he saw that it it been taken down from Twitter. It was the Admin of the site who reposted it. An arrogant and foolhardy thing to do. I wonder if s/he will also be hearing from the Attorney General :rolleyes:

It was tweeted by Steven Morris last night

One other thing on #VincentTabak - a twitter user has been referred to the attorney general over a tweet sent during the trial....
the tweet referred to the attorney general referred to the *advertiser censored* #VincentTabak was interested in - material the jury was not allowed to know

I wonder when VT was in Newcastle for work? Not a million miles from York, where Claudia Lawrence went missing from...

As an aside - read this earlier, it makes a few good points about reading TOO much into VT's 'tastes'. I agree that hiring prostitutes doesn't make you a murderer, but it does maybe imply that he was becoming bolder and his interest was increasing (and that his girlfriend either wouldn't indulge him or he didn't dare ask)... I do agree with the points it makes about salacious headlines making bold assumptions:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/298901/news...nd-james-murdochs-*advertiser censored*.html/

And of course there's the lovely mug shot as a little treat ;-)

Kingfisher - At the very beginning of the video the man picks something up, turns around and puts it in his cart. The second he see Jo, he looks right & left, then abandons the cart & walks out of the store.

I do believe it is him. Jo sparks something in him, he recognizes her & can't continue shopping. He's in an excited state. He now knows that she didn't leave with Greg (which, IIRC, CJ encountered VT coming home on his bike & told him Greg needs jumper cables).
Perhaps he's looking around the store for Greg, thinking Greg didn't leave after all. Maybe VT goes to the parking lot and waits to see if Jo comes out alone.

Seeing she is alone, he then rushes home to plan his evening.

This is what I think when he looks up and first sees her he eyes her around the store then pushes the trolley into her and seems agitated ,exited then goes out of the store. Now he could have been waiting for her to return or was hiding somewhere and followed her home, I think he knew Greg was away because LL told him. Now as that video shows he already had his camera, did he really have plans for taking pictures of the snow. Did he really at that point know what he was going to do that night or was it after seeing her there that his mind went into overdrive. Was it his camera that hit the table and splintered it.
But as has been said, why was this not mentioned as evidence if it is him and the lie of where he was at that time. I think that maybe any unanswered questions will be swept under the carpet now as more serious information is being unearthed. Wonder what opinions Jos parents have about how the case was handled.

. . . .
30wxo8w.jpg

. . . .vincent tabak

cant face that image this time of the morning or anytime come to that..

:crazy: NOW WHAT HAVE I DONE ,JUST PUT ANOTHER ONE UP.

Thanks a lot, now we have a double dose of that mug !!! lol

Seriously though, when you think that evil mug was the last poor Jo would have seen before the life was squeezed out of her.

One thing still really puzzles me..... The forensics team worked tirelessly on JY flat, why didn't they find any dna evidence in her flat? We leave traces of ourselves almost everywhere, so what did he do to avoid that? Naked, wore goves, what?

Thanks a lot, now we have a double dose of that mug !!! lol

Seriously though, when you think that evil mug was the last poor Jo would have seen before the life was squeezed out of her.

I'll delete my post with the photo. :)

One thing still really puzzles me..... The forensics team worked tirelessly on JY flat, why didn't they find any dna evidence in her flat? We leave traces of ourselves almost everywhere, so what did he do to avoid that? Naked, wore goves, what?

We don't know that they found no DNA evidence in her flat. Presumably they did and the defence and prosecution agreed that VT was there, so it was not in dispute. There was therefore no need to bring up the DNA evidence in court.

So in that case it probably was her who phoned the police

In light of what her friend said it seems unlikely now that it was her.

A friend told how the engineer spent Christmas pretending to be worried about the woman he had cold-heartedly murdered.

Caring Tanja Morson was so concerned she left work early one day so he would not be alone while a murderer was on the loose.

But it was not just Tanja he deceived – her dad, Geoffrey, and brother, Gunter, were so certain of Tabak’s innocence, they flew to Holland for a meeting with his family.

The friend said: “Tanja thought he was innocent and his friends organised a defence fund. No one made the connection.

“When she was warned he was going to admit something, she went into shock and realised he was responsible. You can imagine how she feels about him now.”

We don't know that they found no DNA evidence in her flat. Presumably they did and the defence and prosecution agreed that VT was there, so it was not in dispute. There was therefore no need to bring up the DNA evidence in court.

It's strange too that the police never asked for a sample of his dna until they travelled to Holland in response to his phone call. He was still in the country when Jo's body was discovered.

In light of what her friend said it seems unlikely now that it was her.

Yes not likely to be her but if he is so into prostitutes etc probably tried it on with one and she was the sobbing woman. He really left himself wide open. Unless he has killed more than once and not having been detected , thought he might just get away with it again But now he seemed not to really care if he got caught, as he said he knew he would be caught perhaps his behaviour was becoming much more addictive and this was coming home to haunt him..if that is possible.

Aw come on Aneurin, you referred to Joanna as Miss Yeates yourself when you first arrived on the forum. Anyone would have taken you for a policeman ! :laugh:

Anyone would have taken me for a policeman? Well yes, that's exactly the point isn't it? I was adopting a tone that was both professional and dispassionate which was entirely appropriate in answering the question that I believe you asked; it would not be a tone that was appropriate to adopt in speaking to a journalist about the death of my next door neighbour. The fact that I understand that difference, but that Tabak did not, is the point.

And having read what I wrote back on the 15th January, I was right wasn't I? She was killed sometime on the evening of the 17th December, her body was dumped shortly thereafter, and the murder was opportunistic.

... Just seen there is talk by people wondering if he is linked to the claudia lawrence case.

I was thinking about other unsolved crimes a few days back so I Googled VT and Claudia Lawrence. I found this http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=128719860525280&topic=340 read the posts by Alexandra.
Claudia L. was blonde and petite too. Makes you wonder.

Claudia Lawrence had what you might call a 'complicated' private life. Her killer is likely to be found there. I doubt that his name is Vincent Tabak. Unless that is someone can put him in Yotk on the 18th March 2009.

All that time that VT was being cross-examined in court, did he know that they knew about his *advertiser censored* watching? I'm just trying to comprehend how he could keep up the lies and pretence, knowing that they knew about his sordid double life. And what on earth made him think he stood a chance of being acquitted of murder? Baffling.

We may not have heard the last of VT.

This case reminds me somewhat of Dennis Rader. His m.o. was to lie in wait in his victim's house before strangulation and subsequent sexual release. Photographic mementos were taken and he had a large stash of personally drawn asphyxiation and "women in peril" material. For all intents and purposes a happily married family man and pillar of the community. He tripped up by believing LE's assertions that they could not track his computer from a floppy disc he was subsequently wanting to post to them.

He got so cocky he even murdered one of his female neighbours and removed her body to a different deposition site.

The neighbour wasn't his first kill though.

VT is coming out of this trial much more dangerous than I had imagined.

I'd agree that there a definitely echoes of the BTK case here, if only because Rader was similarly such an apparently 'unlikely' killer.

All that time that VT was being cross-examined in court, did he know that they knew about his *advertiser censored* watching? I'm just trying to comprehend how he could keep up the lies and pretence, knowing that they knew about his sordid double life. And what on earth made him think he stood a chance of being acquitted of murder? Baffling.

I would think he knew. Clegg certainly knew as it was he who argued it wasn't relevant.

But on the eve of the trial, the judge agreed with defence QC William Clegg that the disclosure of Tabak's internet use following Miss Yeates's death could not prove the killing was premeditated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-bristol-14904647

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member