GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wrote a detailed response and then it disappeared into one of those virtual black holes.

But ... the gist of it ... is that I completely agree ... with the added point that he had to have conceived of the possibility of murder even before he approached Joanna.

Was that not your detailed response at 7.07pm?

Your post made my stomach churn. The thought of a child being ignored or pushed away by it's mother is just so sad, and of course would have dyer consequences for the child.
I remember reading that a baby can actually become depressed.
I am really quite upset by this topic and feeling depressed myself.
Think I will take a break for a while.
Sorry for being such a misery guts.

Mothers suffering Post Partum Depression will push their children away if they are crying/looking for attention. It is pitiful to think of a child experiencing this.

I have been to Rampton to visit on several occasions and it is nothing like a max secure prison ,if he ends up there he will have it cushy imo.

Mothers suffering Post Partum Depression will push their children away if they are crying/looking for attention. It is pitiful to think of a child experiencing this.

I must point out that not all mothers suffering from PPD will do this.

Yes, it is pitiful MMENJBRIT.
I think there must have been something in Tabak's life, that caused him to turn out as he did.
I cannot believe that babies can be born evil.
It's the old nature or nurture again.

Yes, it is pitiful MMENJBRIT.
I think there must have been something in Tabak's life, that caused him to turn out as he did.
I cannot believe that babies can be born evil.
It's the old nature or nurture again.

I don't think people are born evil but I think you can be born with a tendency to aggression and/or disregard for others feelings. I remember seeing a programme a month or so ago where they have identified various genes which seem to create people with a tendency for violence (so called warrior gene etc).

The scientist did the genetic tests on himself and discovered that he had them! His argument was that you might have the genetic predisposition but that your life experiences then could bring them out. His were happy so he wasn't violent.

So I think its not nature V nurture but both combined.

I still think though that whatever your genetic makeup and life experiences you still have to make a choice to do a criminal act (providing you are old enough, intelligent enough and in control of your faculties). There is still responsibility for your own actions.

But yes the idea of a depressed baby is heartbreaking.

I don't think people are born evil but I think you can be born with a tendency to aggression and/or disregard for others feelings. I remember seeing a programme a month or so ago where they have identified various genes which seem to create people with a tendency for violence (so called warrior gene etc).

The scientist did the genetic tests on himself and discovered that he had them! His argument was that you might have the genetic predisposition but that your life experiences then could bring them out. His were happy so he wasn't violent.

So I think its not nature V nurture but both combined.

I still think though that whatever your genetic makeup and life experiences you still have to make a choice to do a criminal act (providing you are old enough, intelligent enough and in control of your faculties). There is still responsibility for your own actions.

But yes the idea of a depressed baby is heartbreaking.

I watched that program and although I found it interesting, it reminded me of investigations done by psychologists for centuries - that of analyzing the brains of convicts to predict future criminal bahavior. Brains of criminals were pickled and analyzed to see if the folds in the brain were different than law abiding people and so on ... there was no correlation between brain structure and behavior. Now that DNA is available, we have people looking at genes and again trying to predict criminal behavior - no surprise there. Sociopaths are everywhere, but only a handful of them become cold-blooded murderers. It is not possible to predict criminal behavior based on brain structure or DNA, but some psychologists will continue to try to find ways to explain criminal behavior as an innate characteristic.

If VT had been better socialized and did not have the opportunity to indulge himself in his fantasy world of strangling women for sexual gratification, perhaps this would not have happened. Somewhere, VT's thinking took a wrong turn. There may have been experiences, circumstances or even genetics that predisposed him towards abnormal or criminal behavior, but he ultimately made the decision to indulge himself in his sexual perversions because he enjoyed it and he thought he could get away with it. He was a 32 years old well educated, clever man when he murdered Joanna - well past the age of being able to blame anyone or anything except himself for the decisions he made.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but Joanna's parents and some of the investigators will be on Crimewatch on BBC1 in a few minutes.

The more I hear of images the more I'm thinking the camera he had/was using to take snow pics is involved. A memory card is easy to hide, I think it's there somewhere, hidden away. Maybe that's what he was doing with the missing time, taking pics.

I wouldn’t put anything past this vile low-life, seems the pros had a good idea that he was up to something like that.

Jury told how two drop earrings were missing. Mr Lickley holds up a bag with the earrings in. They were found in bedroom. Why did Tabak say he moved the body into her bedroom. It was, says pros, because her earrings were found there.... Tabak has planned his case to fit the evidence
Lickley suggests that Tabak told the jury he moved Joanna's body to cover up the fact that "something" happened in the bedroom'
he sent both of those bored texts after he killed Jo Yeates. what was he doing with her body?'

Jo’s earrings could have been pulled from her ears as a result of VT pulling her top off over her head maybe roughly after he laid her body on her bed. Who knows that he didn’t pose her body and take pictures just like the depraved *advertiser censored*-site mages and films he was addicted to.

We know Lickley wanted to suggest to the jury that Tabak had gone from “observer to perpetrator.” But even without this damning evidence being allowed, when he took the stand it was alluded too and VT wouldn't answer the questions as to why he did these things.

His cold self-serving persona became evident and the real Tabak was unveiled, the disgusting, lying cold blooded killer. He could have a memory card hidden somewhere but by the time he gets out he could be too old to remember where he put it.

I wouldn’t put anything past this vile low-life, seems the pros had a good idea that he was up to something like that.

Jo’s earrings could have been pulled from her ears as a result of VT pulling her top off over her head maybe roughly after he laid her body on her bed. Who knows that he didn’t pose her body and take pictures just like the depraved *advertiser censored*-site mages and films he was addicted to.

We know Lickley wanted to suggest to the jury that Tabak had gone from “observer to perpetrator.” But even without this damning evidence being allowed, when he took the stand it was alluded too and VT wouldn't answer the questions as to why he did these things.

His cold self-serving persona became evident and the real Tabak was unveiled, the disgusting, lying cold blooded killer. He could have a memory card hidden somewhere but by the time he gets out he could be too old to remember where he put it.

There's a good possibility that he stashed a memory card, or any other incriminating evidence, somewhere during is visit home on New Year's Eve.

The memory card could well have been taken to Holland, it's hidden somewhere, too precious to have been disgarded IMO.

A programme about JY's murder to air on the Crime & Investigation Channel on Thursday 17th November at 9pm, includes an interview with CJ shown partly on TV now advertising the programme. It's called 'Murder at Christmas ' should be interesting to watch. Sorry if this happens to be old news.

A programme about JY's murder to air on the Crime & Investigation Channel on Thursday 17th November at 9pm, includes an interview with CJ shown partly on TV now advertising the programme. It's called 'Murder at Christmas ' should be interesting to watch. Sorry if this happens to be old news.

Chris Jefferies has a great voice for Radio/TV.

Chris Jefferies has a great voice for Radio/TV.

He certainly does MMENJBRIT, seem a really lovely man too. He's also a victim to a lesser degree of the murderer Tabak, his tenant. I think it will be very interesting to watch, there could be a lot of details that we have not yet heard.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but Joanna's parents and some of the investigators will be on Crimewatch on BBC1 in a few minutes.

Anyone see this ? I caught the latter half (mid way through the reconstruction) so missed Jo's parents, but I did think the chap being interviewed at the end was very emotive and damning regarding VT & his conduct during the trial.

Anyone see this ? I caught the latter half (mid way through the reconstruction) so missed Jo's parents, but I did think the chap being interviewed at the end was very emotive and damning regarding VT & his conduct during the trial.

Yes, Crimewatch featured a piece about the case in their 'How They Were Caught' strand. You can (at least if you're in the UK) find the broadcast here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b016ylt8/Crimewatch_03_11_2011/ - the JY segment starts after about 20 minutes into the programme.

To be entirely cynical, half the reason for the broadcast was that it allowed the BBC to get some value out of the expensive reconstruction it filmed but was unable to broadcast back in January. It was a basic summary of the case, although it did emphasise how much VT did put himself in the frame by making that phone call. And yes I also thought that the presenter (a chap named Matthew Amroliwala apparently) was a trifle OTT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back